Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 10:30 AM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I saw your post on the blades. I will edit the thread name, However, I just flew it around and it had a little wobble here and there, mainly while hovering, but seemed fine in forward flight. I just learned the trim flight procedure with the dx6i, so I will do that again. I have the parameters at cyclic-0%, tail-125%, filtering-0%, and main motor-125%, which I just set at tis, so another trim flight might be necessary. Cheers
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2017, 02:28 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Any long-term issues??

I hope this thread hasn't reached "zombie" status at this point..... but I wanted to ask if anyone with the added Afro tail esc has experienced any significant problems or issues? Do trim flights, servo calibrations, or any other changes negatively affect the Afro esc? At this point I assume most of you are either happy or have moved on to other things. I just installed mine and have been flying my SRX again with good results. Thanks.
crashrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did the mod last Christmas but never tried it. I do not have the correct stock receiver except in my upgraded 200srx microheli and not gonna move it. however, I do have an AR6100e new from an old cx3 coaxial. Could I use it on the stocker 200srx I'm building out of spare parts if I add a Heading lock gyro like the HobbyKing 401 or will it not work at all since the heli is flybarless. I need a tail motor and gyro if anyone thinks it will work. I'm not sure what the flybarless programming does on the 200srx other than make it easier to fly. Hoping to try it soon. Cheers
Old 11-07-2017, 01:50 AM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashrc View Post
I hope this thread hasn't reached "zombie" status at this point..... but I wanted to ask if anyone with the added Afro tail esc has experienced any significant problems or issues? Do trim flights, servo calibrations, or any other changes negatively affect the Afro esc? At this point I assume most of you are either happy or have moved on to other things. I just installed mine and have been flying my SRX again with good results. Thanks.
All good
Pete Rihoy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally finished the build to to time and bad decisions. I decided to go ahead and use the stock receiver instead of trying the ar6100e and a HK401b gyro due to it being flybarless. So now, my micro heli 200srx airframe will get a 200s receiver, since I already did the digital servo upgrade. I'm gonna use the ar6100e and HK gyro in a cheap 450 build. Problem is, again, I want it to be flybarless. Will the gyro handle this or does the flybarless heads require certain software? I've seen people fly with no stabilization, but how hard is it to fly, and how good a pilot does it take? Just trying not to waste parts. Oh yeah, I set the main motor gain almost all the way up 170% and the tail at 25% and cyclic and filtering to 0$ and the slight wobble is almost all the way gone, so the old non programmable flybarless receiver is to blame in my book. The 200s receiver is programmable so being update able should make it fly like a new 200s. We will see. Cheers

Last edited by scottdrumfish; 11-14-2017 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: forgot
scottdrumfish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah, something else. I built the 200srx back to completely stock than the main motor aluminum mount heat sink, and most important the Afro ESC mod finally tested. I set main motor 150% and tail 35%. Cyclic and Filter gains at 0%. I was amazed at how well it flew. I only got one flight, but obviously way better, no wobble. However, in order to upgrade my 200srx micro heli air frame, you use the 230s servos, the 230s esc(does not brown out),and 200s receiver. Now you essentially have a way better 200srx. The digital servos and 200srx stock receiver flew, but not perfect, and no where near as good as it does now, I just hate the plastic gear servos. So, now we need analog metal geared servos to fit 200srx stock air frame and it would be nice. Good Luck to all.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #187 (permalink)

Matty thx for your awesome efforts to put this guide up. Your information has been of huge value helping me to get my 200SRX tail stable. Ozzie in Austria!
OZinEU is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2017, 06:46 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a flight in this evening with my 200srx. It is back in stock configuration other than the afro mod, aluminum motor mount, xtreme 8 degree blades, and nano tech 950mah battery, My advanced settings are 150% on main and 130% on tail gains. The other two, cyclic and filtering at 0%. It flys beautiful. I'm rebuilding the microheli 200srx to include 230s servos, main motor and esc and a 200s receiver. Tail and motor will remain stock. I have already confirmed and flown the 230s ESC in it, it flew fine. Come to find out the micro heli head needed new o-rings(dampeners) in the head,
Gonna be a slow process though. $$$$$$ Its gonna take another $120 or so and it will be pretty nice. So at this point, the MH airframe needs dampeners, receiver(200s), main motor(230s), and a stock tail motor and she will be ready to fly. Hopefully, lol. Keep em flyin!!!!!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Esc 230s work fine on 200 srx

To use the 230s esc on 200 srx just reverse 2 tail motor wires. Everything else goes color coded.
vkhoi80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2019, 02:21 AM   #190 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Afro ESC various lights.

I have just completed the Upgrade and a thanks to MattyCopter.
I had a fair bit of difficulty with the trim flight and resorted to a blades off setup. Being so close I noticed a few changes in the AFRO Esc lights. Green on initialisation, and then with throttle increase, off, red, green flashing. Due to no blades I didn't want to repeat the test too often. I am hoping the issue is because the tail doesn't run all the time on this style of trim flight. Trim flight is now sorted but I am yet to do a full flight. I am using the AFRO Bec for power.
I have totally covered the Afro ESC including the capacitor with another layer of heat shrink. Will I have a heating problem?
This heli has absolutely NO upgrades, will it appear a bit more sluggish with the extra weight. I run my motor at 175.
Thanks
Maturecruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2019, 01:26 AM   #191 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Have I bought the wrong ESC

I decided to upgrade another of my 200SRX fleet after 2 minor POD's. I noted the original Afro ESC was no longer available so purchased the 20A Mini ESC with BEC Race Spec. I started the mod and "whoops" no yellow wire to join together.
If anybody is still looking on this thread can you please advise me.
Thanks
Maturecruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
200srx, 200srx esc, esc upgrade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in