Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC > Spartan Vortex

Spartan Vortex Spartan RC - Vortex VX1 Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2018, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default uneven pitch values

could use some insight into having the pitch values not ending up even as set in the setup mode.
the mechanics are all zeroed, swash level. i put the value of +-12 deg and all seems well and then when i restart the heli , the values change to something goofy like -10.8 and +13.3 . the blades are at a perfect zero at the same time when i put the throttle stick to 50%.
i thought maybe a bad pitch gauge so i used two at a time . same result and values
dont know if im explaining well enough
Nano,270CFX,300CFX,ALIGN 500L DOM,470L,550DFC,,700L Dominator,Goblin 380,380KSE,420,500,570 6s,Triblade 12s,700 BTT Tri blade,700BTT,650BTT,Gaui X3,X3L,X4,X5,X5 Stretch,X7 Tri-blade,Compass7HV, DIABOLO 600 OXY3,OXY4,oxy4MAX, OXY5,Tareq,HDCELL500V2
kik35 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

EDIT: The following post is of no relevance here. I am an idiot and thought I was answering a post in the MicroBeast forum. Please ignore it.

There are various posts that have described this issue, and the reason behind your problem is that when you adjust the collective in the MB set-up, you are not using radio created values. The channel values are created, and adjusted, in the MB, and if your radio does not match, when it comes to the radio being responsible for sending the signals, you will see the difference you describe.

Since we don't really know which is not calibrated, we can't really blame the radio, and say, 'get your radio calibrated', because it still may be out. Since there is no step in the MB set-up where you synchronise the two, as you might find in other FBL controllers, you are left with simply adjusting your radio using sub-trim, and travel adjust. Use sub-trim if your zero pitch mismatches, and use travel to set the pitch range up. Might be easier if you give yourself +-14 in the MB set-up, so that it is easier to adjust it down with travel in the radio. I don't think you would be able to adjust it up, with travel in the radio, past what the MB thinks is its limit, if it thinks that limit is say 10.8, for arguments sake.

Trim and travel adjust on collective pitch is fine. There are no control loops in operation on collective.

One guy said that he had to do this on every one of his helis with MB, but then again I suppose he would, because if it was his radio that was out, they would likely all be the same.

Last edited by sutty; 01-18-2018 at 07:28 AM..
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Sutty, much appreciate it.

my radio as far as the setup procedure goes , is calibrated. everything is at zero or at +-100%

after i posted my question, i did go to the radio (DX9) and changed the values of the pitch in servo travel section. this seemed to help as now i have +-12.3 deg . now the reading is not correct in the transmitter part of the spartan.would this create an issue with the spartan?
Nano,270CFX,300CFX,ALIGN 500L DOM,470L,550DFC,,700L Dominator,Goblin 380,380KSE,420,500,570 6s,Triblade 12s,700 BTT Tri blade,700BTT,650BTT,Gaui X3,X3L,X4,X5,X5 Stretch,X7 Tri-blade,Compass7HV, DIABOLO 600 OXY3,OXY4,oxy4MAX, OXY5,Tareq,HDCELL500V2
Old 01-17-2018, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want accuracy and repeatability then definitely make sure your transmitter to Vortex setup is bang on first. When you checked your pitch after initial setup, was that in setup mode or ‘flight mode’?

I have seen positive to negative discrepancies typically related to servo accuracy problems or a swash height issue.

Steve
Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
If you want accuracy and repeatability then definitely make sure your transmitter to Vortex setup is bang on first. When you checked your pitch after initial setup, was that in setup mode or ‘flight mode’?

I have seen positive to negative discrepancies typically related to servo accuracy problems or a swash height issue.

Steve
Thanks steve, im sure im doing most of the items you pointed out, 95% of all my helis are on Spartan. i follow the instructions to a t . mechanically im sure im good too. scratching my head

btw i tried in set up mode and check the pitch after
Old 01-18-2018, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

EDITED: I edited this because I am an idiot.

I thought I was answering a post in the MB forum, where you can't make an adjustment in set-up. Spartan allows this, so I am unclear as to why you are seeing a difference.

I'm so sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by sutty; 01-18-2018 at 07:26 AM..
Old 01-18-2018, 07:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think Angelos has said before now, that all bets are off when you are in flight mode. There are lots of things contributing to blade angle in the control algorithms, such as elevator precomp, and other things. As a result it's not possible to measure things accurately, out of set-up.

Assuming you did the set-up accurately, which it sounds like you did, if you find from flight behaviour that you seem to have more +ve than -ve pitch, or vice versa, then adjust as I described for the MicroBeast answer, or alter your pitch curves. Either would work, until the behaviour 'feels' the same.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have experienced the same thing on 2 of my 7 Spartan equipped helis. If I let them sit for a couple months with no flights the pitch will be off and I will have to go through setup again. All are on the latest software so not sure what the deal is. It's a pain but they fly so well I am willing to deal with it.
Bavarian Demon Flight Team #HIGHONHELIS
DUCDOC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2018, 02:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Vortex will digitally output the same command, regardless of the timeframe until your next setup/check. This is more of a servo “centering” or component slop issue. As well, I have seen a lot of servos have gear issues out of the box. I have definitely seen this on my less precise machines with cheaper servos, nothing more than .2-.3 degrees though. My Rush has high end servos and absolutely no play on the head and I can put it into setup mode and it’s always the same.

Steve
Old 03-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kik35 View Post
could use some insight into having the pitch values not ending up even as set in the setup mode.
the mechanics are all zeroed, swash level. i put the value of +-12 deg and all seems well and then when i restart the heli , the values change to something goofy like -10.8 and +13.3 . the blades are at a perfect zero at the same time when i put the throttle stick to 50%.
i thought maybe a bad pitch gauge so i used two at a time . same result and values
dont know if im explaining well enough
Not sure if it's been covered already cuz I don't have time to read through this thread.
You want to mechanically set zero pitch as close as possible without using the Spartan to set zero for you.
I have found the most +- I need through the Spartan to get 0 the more the pitches vary. I have since set all my helis to zero mechanically and haven't needed the Spartan for it other than that last .1 or .2*.
DarkSyd3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in