Time to re-think EVERYTHING. - Page 3 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Protos 700/800

MSH Protos 700/800 MSH Protos 700/800 Helicopter Support Forum

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Update

I had a couple bad crashes in only the first few outings with my new Protos last spring. This drove me to change battery connectors from CC's to RCProPlus, ESC from HW to Tribunis, and TX from Spektrum to Jeti.

The crashes were not the fault of the Heli at all but it did sap my enthusiasm and I had not rebuilt or flown the Protos since last May. Just before the Las Vegas FF I got a round tuit

Suffice to say that the new combination is a huge winner as far as I can tell so far. Everything just works. Connectors are reliable and the ESC has a fantastic smooth spool and steady power delivery that makes me smile. The Brain2 and Jeti tying everything together to provide telemetry and integration are the icing on the cake. I flew with zero problems throughout the FF and several outings now back home.

Now the funny/dumb part.

I was chatting with Alex this morning as I wasn't getting logged data out of my B2 from the Tribunis. I was seeing telemetry on the DS-16 during flight but no data at all from the ESC when downloading flight logs The first thing Alex asked was what is the PC port on the ESC connected to and what communication protocol are you using? JETI EX and connected to the Jeti EXbus. WRONG. Everything works this way but you need to feed the PC port signal directly to the Brain in order for it to log the data. Set the Tribunis comm protocol to unspecified and send the signal to pin 5 of the Brain and it all works perfectly. The sad thing is Alex explained this on both post 2 and again on post 26. I was just re-reading this thread and realized I had the answers 10 months ago but had forgotten all about it. Actually at the time I was only just beginning to learn the Jeti system so not really surprised I missed this tidbit. It does make sense though as the Brain can't log anything it never sees in the first place.

I'm now at the point where I am confident in my equipment again and struggle to see how I could want anything else in terms of capability. Slap an android device onto the face plate of a TX? Good luck to those guys and I still fly two of their TX's but I don't think they can touch what I'm currently enjoying.

Jeti, Brain, and Tribunis FTW
Steve Graham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2018, 12:13 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Steve! At least you only had to be told thrice!

Everything is so complex you need a couple of goes at everything to "get it down pat"

Hope all goes well from here... I've got a round tuit also to fix my 700 Leggero with the broken motor shaft. Rebuilt the motor yesterday and she's pretty much smooth as silk (unloaded).

Paolo
2 x ALIGN 550Ls (1xU/S), Prôtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 and an Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2018, 12:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome to hear Steve!
Old 03-15-2018, 08:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice ending to the story, or beginning of the next chapter.

Alex is and has been for a long time had a ton of info and knowledge on so many levels with his flying expertise and since he works with semiconductors every day, as well as helicopter development from mechanical to radio systems.

We are very lucky to have someone this enthusiastic that has the patience for us to help us and enlighten us.
Michaelinpr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.