• 9 Post By cbrian4
  • 1 Post By TeeJayShelton
  • 1 Post By heliadict1212
  • 1 Post By cbrian4
  • 2 Post By Butch Miller
  • 1 Post By ssschmidt4
  • 1 Post By Snailmale

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align deserves more credit

Just got done building my LP kit and I have to say, it was a joy to build. Coming from my most recent builds of botiqe German helis, I was surprised by the quality. No fitment issues, nice composite materials for the plastic parts, well thought out, etc. Beyond the low tail ratio I think the design team really did their homework with this guy, and the cost is ridiculously low for what you get. If anyone is considering the LM or LP, BUY IT! Seems like Align has renewed themselves as the "no gimmicks" brand: just a great kit at an even better price. Just thought I'd throw some love out there for Align, they deserve better
Bigugly, Cman, Indokast and 6 others like this.
cbrian4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

nice
Old 03-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I <3 my align birds. I have 6 currently and the only one that I consider to be an occasional problem child is the 250. In its day though it was the best thing going.
Cman likes this.
T-Rex 800DFC Pro, 700LTOP, 700L Night, 550V2, 470LT, 250DFC, Oxy-2 x2, 3 x2, 4, Goblin 500 Sport(soon), Fireball x2, Blade 230s Night, 180CFX, MCPS, Nano CPX & NQX2 FPV, Vortex 250, Inductrix FPV. K110 Cars/Trucks/Planes AMA#L965241, Part 107 Pilot
#iamundeservedlyblessedandiknowit
TeeJayShelton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the price Align is awesome. Esp the 470L.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, I'm recently an Align addict
Old 03-19-2018, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Been building align helis since my Trex 600 Nitro over 15 years ago. I can say with experience that they have consistently been designing and making there helis better and better over the years.
My 470LT build was also a joy, and compared to the old 450 flybared build I did years ago was a night and day experience.
sal98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2018, 11:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Agreed. I'd built original 450 sev2's and 500's, then built their latest 700's and a 450 dominator and was amazed at the ease of assembly and great quality control
Andyzboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2018, 08:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Complete newbie to R/C helicopters but just built my 1st - an Align T-Rex 500x Dominator and I must say that the build was a joy for a 1st time builder! Instructions were clear and quality of parts and fitting excellent. Just need to work out all the electronic stuff now
coffax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2018, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

What a difference from the old days...I bought the original Trex 450 SE for $449 and it was state of the art back then and was one of the first to have aluminum cnc parts...man that thing was cool. back then almost all helis came with all plastic parts and I was flying raptors and a caliber 30 and the lite machines corona with the wood frame...When I was building my trex 470 I was amazed how far Align has come ...nice helicopters now a days...
dnman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I’m not devoted to any brand however I have had a lot of Align Heli’s and they never disappoint me. My old 700N has more flights on it than any other Heli I have ever owned. Still can’t pull myself away from it.
Matrixmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2018, 12:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is good to read i am seriously considering a 470L as my next build. as long as life stops costing me $$$

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive been in the hobby for 12 years and have ALWAYS had a few align helis in my fleet. Ive never had any issues with them. Theyve aways offered great helis for good prices. What tainted their brand was the 3gx and a few other minor electronics issues and some people wrote them off over it but the models themselves have always gone together just as good as any other brand or better than some. My first Goblin was a far cry from what Id come to expect over the years with align, MAN was I disappointed with that 380

...anyway, the 470 is my favorite small heli of all time. I fly it all the time.
Cman likes this.
heliadict1212 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2018, 05:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliadict1212 View Post
Ive been in the hobby for 12 years and have ALWAYS had a few align helis in my fleet. Ive never had any issues with them. Theyve aways offered great helis for good prices. What tainted their brand was the 3gx and a few other minor electronics issues and some people wrote them off over it but the models themselves have always gone together just as good as any other brand or better than some. My first Goblin was a far cry from what Id come to expect over the years with align, MAN was I disappointed with that 380

...anyway, the 470 is my favorite small heli of all time. I fly it all the time.
I hear ya. While both my goblins went together perfectly, I had a similar experience building my logo 480. Was super excited to try Mikado and had always heard about them being top notch quality. Unfortunately, the main head block was way out of tolerance and would not go on the mainshaft, probably should have gotten it replaced but I was pissed and decided to force it on, which it finally did after over an hour of fighting. Then the swashplate separated in the second flight. It also suffered from major cyclic interactions, and had a very finicky tail case that was prone to extreme vibration if it wasn't absolutely perfect, even then the tail belt had to be run loose. Man what a PITA that bird was. However, once it got all sorted it was a joy to fly, one of my favorites actually so go figure lol. Guess I just got unlucky with quality control. Bottom line is, even a so called "higher quality" brand can have their fair share of issues.
heliadict1212 likes this.
cbrian4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2018, 05:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put together a 470. It when together very nice and fly's great. Then I got a 700X..... It was amazing. The fit and craftsmanship was incredible. It went together so nice I would just smile. If you ever want a 700 pick one up. (No, I haven't flown it yet)
heliadict1212 and Cman like this.
Butch Miller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2018, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align 470LM and Gartt 450L compared

I just built an Align 470LM kit and a Gartt 450L kit. The Align went together VERY easily and the fit was perfect. There were just no problems with the 470L. The Gartt kit was surprisingly similar. There is no plastic on the 450L, everything is either CNC aluminum or carbon. I believe that the quality is close to the Align kit. I payed roughly 240 for the Align kit that came with motor and ESC and carbon blades. There is plastic on the Align. The tail servo mount, bottom bearing block, battery mount rails etc. The Gartt flies very well and the Align is just a pleasure to fly. I payed 108 for the Gartt that came with glass blades no motor and no electronics. In the end the Gartt final cost was close to the Align so I have to say that the Align is a much better deal especially considering how much larger the 470LM is compared to the 450L. Both are high quality helis and I'm happy with both but I have say that I could have bought two 470's and not spent much more $.
k8idx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Two years ago I got back into helis. Fourteen years previous I quit with a Robbe Futura with a Y.S. 80, pretty nice quality stuff! So I do my research and find Goblins to be a popluar helicopter and buy a Goblin 500 Sport. The Goblin 500 Sport is very nice quality and I love to fly it! However, a few months down the road I find myself building a Trex 700x! After building and especially flying the 700x I found myself questioning why I spent so much money on a Goblin! I was super impressed with the Align products and will probably stick with Align from here on out! Affordable prices with awesome support! How the hell can you go wrong with that? I have a 470lp on the way as we speak! Bottom line, support the companies that offer kick ass products at reasonable price! Now if we can only get Align and Brain/Ikon linked together....holy cow....would that be sweet?
Torqueshaft likes this.
ssschmidt4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear such good feedback on the 470 kit. I just ordered mine yesterday and it's going to be my 1st build. Been off and on in the RC heli hobby over the last decade, but it always draws me back in!

Excited to build and setup this bird!
GhengisT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first heli was a 450L dominator , second is a 470LM. No prior RC build experience. Both helis are a joy to fly !!!

Thank you Align , for making easy to get into the Hobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cman likes this.
Snailmale is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in