Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Assistance in troubleshooting

I am no longer sure what is wrong with my 270cfx. This started 2 weeks ago, The pitch range keeps on changing, I had to check and adjust before I start flying. Then suddenly for no reason it will not hold the pitch that I set in menu K. Then, I can no longer set the positive or negative oitch. I went back to menu menu J to make sure that the cyclic pitch geometry was at 6 degrees. Then, centering , then servo mixer was not right.
I sent the AR7219BX to horizon for servicing. They said that the BX was OK, Most likely it is the mechanical setup of the heli. When it came back I made sure that the 270cfx was set mechanically correct before setting up by the 7210bx. This time the servo mixer doesn’t correctly set.
Note: AR7210bx is unlock

3/31/18 - I did a complete re-setup of the setting. The pitch range setting will not hold. The swashplate servo directions are mess up. I purchased a new AR7210bx, I will give an update how it goes.

4/1/18 - even with the new AR7210bx, the pitch range setting will not hold. My next plan is to replace
all 3 cyclic servos with new one..

Last edited by tomasito; 04-01-2018 at 12:48 PM..
tomasito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Tomasito,

That's an odd problem you've got there. Almost sounds like you are missing a couple of teeth on one or more servos...

One thing I would suggest is using a servo tester to eliminate the BX and make sure your servos are working correctly.

I have a unit that will drive 3 servos at once. With it I can run all the cyclic servos thru their paces and verify the mechanical aspects are correct.

Almost anytime I have a control issue I use the servo tester first.

Good luck
C_M_H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

that's a good advice. I don't have one, but I will purchase on
tomasito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2018, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_M_H View Post
Hey Tomasito,

That's an odd problem you've got there. Almost sounds like you are missing a couple of teeth on one or more servos...

One thing I would suggest is using a servo tester to eliminate the BX and make sure your servos are working correctly.

I have a unit that will drive 3 servos at once. With it I can run all the cyclic servos thru their paces and verify the mechanical aspects are correct.

Almost anytime I have a control issue I use the servo tester first.

Good luck

Hey CMH, what servo tester do you have ? I was thinking this would be handy to have and been looking for one like yours ..
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2018, 01:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Ken,

This is the tester I'm currently using;

https://www.banggood.com/HJ-Digital-...r_warehouse=CN

It works well, drives 3 servos, has 3 modes ( normal, centered, and sweep ), and displays the pulse width. I like having the digital display.

I have not yet had a need to use the "Pulse Width" feature.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 11.00.38 PM.png
Views:	185
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	742666  
Old 04-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought my 270_CFX used, so who knows how many flights on it before I got it. Didn't look like many though.

Anyway, at my flight #207 I started having weird glitches, real short tweaks that then disappeared.

I checked, and my elevator servo was feeling a little odd. I put it on the servo checker and sure enough it's failing. But in an odd way, not consistent. Sometimes it just pops 10 or so off in one direction.

I pulled it off & opened it up. Not an easy task to get to the pot to clean it, so I ordered a new one.

Since this failed in a way unlike any other servo I've had, I'm leaning towards servos being your issue as well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in