250 CFX issue - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello is this thread dead. If not can someone refer me to who might be able or willing to answer my question in the above post?
tulebender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2018, 11:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulebender View Post
Hello is this thread dead. If not can someone refer me to who might be able or willing to answer my question in the above post?
Have you replaced the tail rotor blade by any chance ? Sounds like it may be on backwards ..try reversing tail rotor blade and putting trim back to center and see what happens .
Old 04-17-2018, 12:28 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I will take a look at that.
tulebender is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 320H Alternative Motor for 250 CFX?

I bought a used 250 CFX that looks to be in good shape despite its sloppy 320H motor.
I can literally jiggle the bottom of the motor and watch it's gear mesh wiggle & change What a cheap pos motor!!

Thankfully, I found this Lynx EOX 2214 V2 3-4S 300X replacement motor. Lynx literally designed this as a replacement for the 320H: https://www.lynxheli.com/product_inf...c178ffd1ecd7c6

I can't believe Blade used the 320H in thier 250 CFX after all the 300X's 320H issues! It looks like Lynx legit fixed Blade's crap--rofl!

-The only problem i have, the Lynx motor is $50 US. That is expensive. Any other quality options that cost less? If i cannot fix this 320Hoopty motor i'll be selling stuff in RCGroups Classifieds to pay for its replacement

Thanks. I do otherwise like my 250 CFX so far but have yet to maiden

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-18-2018 at 07:36 AM.. Reason: edited
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2018, 12:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scorpion made a drop in at one time... may be worth a look.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 320H Slop Video

Blade 250 CFX - Sloppy 320H Main Motor (0 min 23 sec)

-This is too sloppy right? Ideas and opinions welcome

I imagine this motor might eat the Main Gear... so I purchased a cheep backup 320H (on the way) until i figure out a more permanent solution.

I was admiring the 330X but it, again, comes with a historically pos motor. The 440H. I heard the 450H is the fix for the 330X Heli... (sorry i filmed vertically hehe)

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-18-2018 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: edited
Old 04-18-2018, 01:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea, it's shot....I am sure it's not just a bearing. the shaft is going to be worn. I did the Loctite mod to mine just to be sure out of the box.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks Nytro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
Yea, it's shot....I am sure it's not just a bearing. the shaft is going to be worn. I did the Loctite mod to mine just to be sure out of the box.
Thanks for your help, Nytro97

I am not going to count on my second 320H motor coming from Ebay. So i am continuing to shop for other motor options

I don't mind Blade recycling parts but why such historically bad motors/electronics? I see why pilots go to Lynx, SAB, Align, etc.... I am otherwise happy with my 250 CFX.

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-18-2018 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: shortened
Old 04-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I Fixed my 320H Motor (not)

I fixed, at least temporarily, my 320H Main Motor in my Blade 250 CFX.
Update: Nevermind the motor became sloppy again! Lol what a pos...

There is an indentation on its shaft where the outermost bearing sits, by design! This is why the motor has so much wobble as seen in the above video

So, i simply filled the indentation on the shaft with a slice of Scotch tape. Lol, i should have used electrical tape but i needed something thin.

Any better ideas besides Scotch tape? The shaft just needs something to fill its indentation at the outer bearing.

Well, my 320H has a lot less play and should work now. At least long enough for a maiden flight if the Scotch tape melts
If i need to replace the tape due to heat or friction, i may use electrical tape or something else. Dunno yet.

The bearings seemed fine. I appreciated the CF main frame. I did not have to remove but the battery mount & motor mount to get to the motor. Nice.

The 230S has a more reliable main motor but its frame looks like a pita and breaks easier in hard crashes. Yet since my 250 CFX has an unreliable main motor, i guess they kinda even out, eh?

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-20-2018 at 10:38 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 10:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New 320H is Good to Go

My new 320H motor arrived. Its in good shape.

No wobbles and runs smooth. I test hovered it today. Gear mesh sounded better. I hope to test fly tomorrow. I hope this motor lasts a while! I will continue looking for an alternative motor
Old 04-22-2018, 09:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's strange dude about your motor issues , I've had mine 8 months and fly the crap out of his Heli and hard too! I'm stil on original motor. I do put a tiny drop of lube in motor bearings once in a while ..you might try that on your new motor ... just a thought ..
Old 04-22-2018, 10:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see now my first used 320H was just bad. It was used and broken (bearings and under-size shaft).

Maybe the 'good' 320H will last a while. Oil may be the key to decent run time. Dunno. Some pilots have had bad experiences. But others, like you, say they have had long life. That makes me feel better.

Wayne Moyer on RCGroups recommended getting extra bearings and i was thinking the same thing.
If the Turnigy 2627 4200kv motor i am eyeing does not work, backup bearings may be the answer to affordably flying the 250 CFX.

I am thinking maybe there was a bad batch of 320H motors? Dunno really. But the bearings do look under-size on both 320H motors i have.

I am curious what the shaft looks like on my newer 320H. I am quite a bit chipper as of late--after understanding the bearing option i have

Thanks!

Edit: newer motor has rough bearings. What a pos... looking at Lynx EOX 1911 motor...

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-25-2018 at 03:43 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.