Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC

Spartan RC Spartan RC - Quark, DS760 Gyros and other Spartan RC Electronics Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade SR

Was wondering if I can replace the stock gyro on a Blade SR with a Spartan Quark?

Thank
Kelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2018, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 120SR? It uses a direct drive tail motor, so I'm not sure how well it would work. You'd need to ensure the ESC for the tail is accessible, has a standard servo plug, and accepts standard servo inputs.

If it does then it may be possible, but it's probably easier just to use the normal gyro blade fit to the model.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2018, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No, not a 120 SR it's the Blade SR CP heli
Old 04-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a model I'm familiar with, but searching Google that also seems to use a tail motor. You should probably check the blade forum to see if the gyro can be replaced.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kelly,

with what transmitter do you fly this heli? Have you done any extra configuration for newer ones like Dx6, DX8/9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyVB View Post
No, not a 120 SR it's the Blade SR CP heli
Is it the Blade SR RTF which was provided with this blue RTF transmitter?

EFLH1500? https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...-heli-EFLH1500

Oh, it looks to have a flybar like my old 4503D! :-)

The E-Flite G210 (400 + 4503D) is neither really that good on my B4503D!

Well, don't we know that for heli sizes like 450 or below flybarless systems make very much sense?

----

I read that the µSpirit System FBL can setup a tail motor.
From the specs I know that you can use the rescue function in parallel wtih flybar helis.
Will that work with THIS Blade SR heli? Good question!

Would I do it for any "old" Blade SR? Probably not.

Why:

- old main Blade motor (I rather would go for KDS, Scorpion, etc. within a new / good heli kit) - how long will it last?
- not the very best MG servos
- is it even a modern brushless tail motor?
- not flybarless

You better don't ride a "dead horse" where it originally was never meant to be setup with any different Spektrum transmitter like the blue RTF.

This is what my dealer evenb told a heli pilot customer asking if he should upgrade his flybar Blade 400 (same crappy G210 gyro like mine)

Why don't you simply save all your money, get the "Fusion 270" (4 MG servos, belt-driven, collective pitch tail) with the FBL which contains rescue, get a Blade 230s (already contains 3 cyclic H3050MG servos).

The 230s also have a brushless tail motor!

If you have any luck with the "Fusion 270" (sucessor to the 270CFX with AR7210BX and "locked" FBL) and it's used AR636 FBL (no tip over, correct setup, no vibrations, etc.) you even might have got a rescue function, where with other FBL systems you have to additional throw your money at them.

Yes, never trust a BNF helicopter.
Always do all mechanical and electrical double / triple checks for yourself!
For more info check the sub-forum "Fusion 270".

There are so many other good (better) helis out...

Best regards / Viele Grüße
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ya, not going to do and upgrades on this one, just isn't wort it. I did get a free all aluminum head, swash, flybar cage from a a freak here that didn't want it. I did get her in the air but very unstable, still need to adjust things. I'm just doing this for the experience as I'm still working on orientations. I have a nice 300 X that I might put a Spirit on it for the stability, already put one on my 500 3D and love it. Oh BTW my SR was a BNF but I have it on my DX6i, Didn't like the TX it came with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in