Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 130S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Last shot at a blade product, 2 questions

Ok guys! This is my last shot at a blade heli. My indoor space is too small for my OXY2...

So I just received the heli with 4 tattu batteries.

Now the batteries use xt30 connectors and the heli has a jst. No worries as I have lots of xt30 connectors! The only issue is the ferrite ring. There is not enough slack to solder the connectors on with the ring in place. Any issue removing it?

Second is the controller is installed crooked by a few degrees. Any issue or should I remove it and align it properly?
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I removed the ferrite ring well over 6 months ago and saw no ill effects. I know a few others have also removed it and so far nothing bad to report.

As for the rx it's upto you on that one. If it's flying ok you could choose to leave it be. If you do choose to reposition it, I would do the callibration procedure followed by a trim flight.

One thing to note with the tattu packs. I would imagine they have a higher C rating than the stock packs. This increased current delivery can sometimes(not always) result in tail kicks. However it can be fixed with reduced tail gains.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Good to know. I'll try and find a little JST off cut from some other packs and make and adapter. If not I will just take my chances without the ring....

I read up on the tail gain thing from the notes from finless... I hate stick programming.... Better than the old 130x though with no programming ability at all...
Old 12-29-2017, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun71 View Post

Better than the old 130x though with no programming ability at all...
Curb your tongue ! The 130X has gain menus

Albeit crude and simple it still has them
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2018, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=Shogun71;7509755]Ok guys! This is my last shot at a blade heli. My indoor space is too small for my OXY2...

So I just received the heli with 4 tattu batteries.

Now the batteries use xt30 connectors and the heli has a jst. No worries as I have lots of xt30 connectors! The only issue is the ferrite ring. There is not enough slack to solder the connectors on with the ring in place. Any issue removing it?

I bought Tattu 850 mah 3S 75C batteries for dual use in my Blade 230S and Vortex 150 which has an XT30 connector. The batteries have XT30 connectors. I cut the JST connector off the ESC on the 230 and soldered small bullet connectors on the ESC leads, the JST and an XT30 male. So I can use either XT30 or JSTs on my 230 by changing the connector. So far it's working fine.
Interesting result with the Vortex. I get 4 minute flights with a Tattu 650 3S 75C battery and expected longer flights with the 850. But I get 4 minute flights and about the same end voltage with the 850s. I assume the additional weight takes more power and that accounts for no more flight time.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had no issues removing the ferrite ring and I haven't heard of any issues from other forum members who also removed it.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130s spins

Please help, my 130s spins and breaks the tail blade, no matter which wayI put the tail blade on. Please advise.
sing23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2018, 05:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

More info is required. Is this on spool up, in the air? With a specific maneuver?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in