Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Tech 4 9
  • 1 Post By dmorrow71
  • 1 Post By tailblade94
  • 1 Post By Cman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Milestone

I hovered a Trex 250 for the first time ever.

I hovered a Trex 250 for the first time ever.

Did I mention that I...
..hovered a Trex 250 for the first time ever..?
..in my living room.
My first ever 'mechanical' tail heli..ever.

This has been ten+ yrs in the making.

Two things MAY have happened immediately after shut down:
1) I carried on like a ten yr old boy on Christmas morning
2) I literally yelled the words, "I KNEW YOU'D FLY, [email protected]&*KA!! (it was poorly built money-pit phoenix back from the dead that's been a bitch setting up) I case you missed it...I hovered that shit.

I think I've a earned..EARNED I TELL YA..a complimentary trex build towel.
(waiting with breath held)
Cman and HeliTone like this.
Tech 4 9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Way to go. I know the feeling!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Tech 4 9 likes this.
dmorrow71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2018, 05:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol well done! wait till you get a bigger heli that feeling you had will be adrenaline when you land a big machine, And you will be proud.
Happy flying.
Tech 4 9 likes this.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Two more, full battery tail in hovers. It's already getting boring. Ready for a 450.

...just kiddin.. ..about the boring part.

Trying to work out a minor tail wag. Shocker, I know..a TR 250 with a tail wag?!
Gonna try maximizing tail revomix and reducing some more gyro rate. Already worked out some elevator cyclic wobble. Unrelated to cyclic wobble, I had a bad brand new Tactic aileron servo. Chattered like crazy. Shoulda known when it chattered when pressing the servo horn on but it was intermittent so I hoped MAYBE it was due to low battery.

Gotta tune tail. Tail input causes drastic altitude changes plus its robotic and stiff.

...but she's flyin..predictably and controllable..in my living room, which, up until had only seen hover practice with nano cp and trex 150x, is both exhilarating and smile inducing.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats i know the feeling.

I remember when i finally hovered mine it took me almost 2 years to get it done a move a jobloss but the smile on my face the day i flew a pack through it hurt my chicks

There is lots of info on tail wag, one thing i did to reduce mine was i watched a video of a guy who had no wag then i listened to his esc beeps when it was arming, they were different then mine. so i made the matched and the difference was the governor was off on the video so i turned it off no issues sense of course no hardcore 3d on it yet..

have fun
Tech 4 9 likes this.

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2018, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats!

I just got my 250SE flying again too. It was a “rebuilder special” from eBay and came with a pile of parts that never would have fit it so I basically got an airframe and a bunch of spares. I needed servos and a gyro to get mine in the air.

I know the feeling. I’ve been flying a Novus 200FP and this was my transition heli before I step up and fly my 500E I just built.
BTW what did you set up for dual rates? I have mine at 50% on aileron and elevator and she’s quite docile.

Happy Hovering!
Tug Driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2018, 11:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug Driver View Post
Congrats!

I just got my 250SE flying again too. It was a “rebuilder special” from eBay and came with a pile of parts that never would have fit it so I basically got an airframe and a bunch of spares. I needed servos and a gyro to get mine in the air.

I know the feeling. I’ve been flying a Novus 200FP and this was my transition heli before I step up and fly my 500E I just built.
BTW what did you set up for dual rates? I have mine at 50% on aileron and elevator and she’s quite docile.

Happy Hovering!
Gyro?

Are you rockin a flybar?!

Last edited by Tech 4 9; 05-02-2018 at 01:57 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in