Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Low Head Speed Helicopters

Low Head Speed Helicopters Low Head Speed Helicopter Setups and Flying info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2018, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo 600SE - Left turn problem

I have had Logo 600 SE for a long time. I have changed setups parts on it many times. I used to have a Scorpion 4535-450 motor, Jive 120, BD3SX, Futaba receiver, Spedix Tail, Quick UK Tail Grips. It always had Align 610 servos on cyclic. I put a Futaba BLS 251 tail servo in it. I had issues with tail but seemed to get better after I put the Quick UK tail on it.

I changed for last years flying season because I went to VBar on all my Helis. I now have a Neo / VControl, Scorpion Tribunus 200 amp ESC.

This year I wanted to lower the gearing and headspeed. I tried last year flying it on just one 6S pack. I would start at 1260 rpm and at the end of the flight it was down to 1150 rpm. It flew nice but I didn’t like that it was so lethargic just not much power and the tail wouldn’t hold very well.

So this year I changed the motor to a Hacker A50 14L 400 KV and put on a RC-Tek Tri Tail. To fly it around 1260 rpm, 1360 rpm and 1460 rpm.

So my present setup is Hacker A50 14L 400 KV Motor, Scorpion Tribunus 14-200 Amp ESC, Align DS610 Servos, Futaba BLS251 Tail Servo, VBar Neo, 106 tooth main gear, 11 tooth pinion, BEC set at 5.7 volts, R2 Capacitors, RC-Tek Tri Tail.

Sorry for such a long post. But I wanted you to know the back ground.

Last edited by Freeskiken; 04-29-2018 at 08:25 PM..
Freeskiken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2018, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yesterday I flew it at 1160 rpm at first flight. I didn’t like the way it felt so I increased the pitch from 12.5 degrees to 15 degrees. I flew it at 1160 rpm and 1260 rpm. It felt better in the sky.

***But the problem I am having is.....when I fly fast and go to turn left it seems like it wants to turn....then stops turning....then kind of jerks past, turns fast and turns past where I want it to stop.

I am not sure what going on ? I feel like is the servo pushing to turn something stops it then it just goes. It seem better if I am not moving as fast. I have three 95mm Zeal tail blades on the tail and it seems to move good.

Is it the servo ? The Futaba BLS 251 at 5.7 volts is not a high voltage servo but it is a good tail servo people ran for years.

On the Logo 600 they run a plastic tail rotor leaver. I don’t think it is very strong maybe it is flexing ?

I was thinking do I have to change all the servos to more powerful HV servos ?

I would like to find a stronger metal Logo 600 tail rotor leaver.

Last edited by Freeskiken; 04-29-2018 at 01:53 PM..
Freeskiken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2018, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I would look for some binding in the tail system, sticky grips in the tail rotor, tight ball links, flexing pushrod or even cracked. I ran 1500 rpm and a five blade head with a two blade tail and never had a mechanical problem caused by the basic Logo tail system. My issues were because of the tail being on the wrong side of a scale helicopter and the anti-torque thrust hitting the tail fin of the "T" tail. Once I reversed the main rotor direction, all was good with the world.

What make me think that it is a bind problem is the fact that a left turn uses less thrust than a right turn. The torque of the main rotor is helping to turn the helicopter to the left so the tail rotor does a lot less work than in a right turn. Hope this helps.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2018, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mechanicaly it looks very good. The tail is really smooth.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vinger helped me on the main forum. He said quote:

Main rotor OPTIMIZERS https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1676

Tail rotor OPTIMIZERS https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1677

Nothing to do with trim flight.

I need to run the optimizers on VBar for the main rotor and the tail rotor. Thank you.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew it this weekend Saturday and Sunday. The optimizers were on? So I turned the tail one off. Then flew a pack with just the head optimizer on. Shout it off. Then turned the tail one on. Flew and shut it off. Now it seems to fly way better. Was getting long flight times at 1260 rpm...10:30..3300mah lipos..14 degrees pitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.