Sat problem? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2016, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Sat problem?

One of the Spektrum satellites on a 720blue often blinks at power up and I need to repeat to get a solid light. Sometimes on landing it is blinking even when it was solid on take off.

the event log states:

Event at -20.0 seconds: SK720 initialized in Cyclic 2 and Tail 2
Warning at -20.0 seconds: Lost radio reception at Satellite Rx port A
Event at -20.0 seconds: Begin self-levelling active

Number of missing receiver data frames from Sat Rx A: 16
Number of missing receiver data frames from Sat Rx B: 5

Now, does the "lost reception" statement suggest these was no reception for the whole flight? If so, how can it be logging missing frames - aren't they all lost?

This Sat has a long cable and passes close to the main power cable.
Attached Files
File Type: skl LOG65.SKL (863.5 KB, 17 views)
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

=] Nelson, lost sat at boot is normal, swap the plugs at the SK ports and go again. I also think a rebind wouldn't hurt?

georgi UK is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi Nelson:

I have had a bad wire connector cause the crash of my TOW Defender last year. The sat was located in a spot that I constantly had contact with when I removed the chassis to work on the body. The wire insulation was damaged and that caused, for reasons beyond me, a reset signal to the Skookum. Check your connections very carefully and if there is any suspect connections, replace the wire. There are some from a shop called Experience RC that seem to be much heavier wire and a number have said that these replacements are far more durable. If in doubt, replace. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Back again after a long time.
I never solved this. So today I tried to do more diagnostics.
It doesn't seem to be a faulty cable as I can sometimes get the blinking on the other sat. Nor does it seem to be one particular socket on the SK. I re-bound and still got the effect sometimes. I'm using a separate "radio" lipo and sometimes the flashing only starts when I plug in the main lipos. Is there a precedent for RF interference upsetting a Sat?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.