Futaba 401 gyro with Kds k7xII sender? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Electronics

KDS Electronics KDS Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 04:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Futaba 401 gyro with Kds k7xII sender?

I am not satisfied with my 450qs and bd flybar, they dont hold yaw very good. Have tried different setups but i am not satisfied. I have ordered one Futaba tail servo(not received yet). If that servo doesnt make me happy i am considering installing a Futaba tail gyro, maybe one gy401 if i can use it with my Kds radio? Eg if i can change gyro gain and subtrim?
Deltawing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2018, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey there, finally someone with a KDS450. Mine is the QS flybarred. I acquired it from a buddy. I am converting it to flybarless with other components because I've never dealt with an old flybar and its not for me. So, I ordered a Tarot 450 DFC split lock rotor head and swash complete assemble and 4 Corona DS919MG digital metal gear servos. So far I may have to do a little dremeling to get them to fit. The Tarot rotor should be fine. Next in line is a FBL unit or should I use my old ar6100e and a HK401 tail gyro and hope I can fly it. If that set up puts the swash where I put the sticks, its sounds better. I want self leveling with no bank angle limits. I could get a cheap Kbar for $33 and use my ar6100e as the receiver. I don't know. I'm stumped. What are you thoughts barring throw it away and spend a fortune. Oh, I do have a Blade 230s and Dx6i that I fly well in safe but it then has the angle limited. I cant fly where you have to counter every move. Your not in the heli feeling all those forces, so from the ground to me gets disorientating quick. I will make it fly even if I have to break down and buy a descent FBL unit like Spirit pro to get the features I want. Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.