Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

View Poll Results: What is the weight of your 250?
less than 320g 58 18.18%
320g to 340g 104 32.60%
340g to 360g 92 28.84%
More than 360g 67 21.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2017, 05:56 AM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound View Post
what lynx servos????
This is the one; https://www.lynxheli.com/product_inf...36059cd22c4782

They're actually 180 CFX servos, but they do have enough torque for a 250. My feeling is they're only just above the minimum necessary, but it saves a big chunk of weight.

It was pretty involved to mount the things. I had to take the servos apart and solder new cables to use the standard plugs on my BeastX controller (sans the heavy AR7200BX case). I made CF adapter plates out of sheet stock then added CF sheet on the back of the servo arms to reinforce them. I'm using the servo savers that came with the servos and have not any problem with them jumping a tooth in normal flight. Barring a hard landing that broke the landing gear, I haven't had a crash severe enough to see if the servo savers do the job. I'm sure I will at some point though.

I'm using the all plastic servos for weight savings, but there is a metal case version as well. I think it adds like like a gram to each servo so there's not a big weight hit there. With the gearbox case being metal I imagine there would be less slop, but these servos are really good in terms of slop and action even in the plastic version. They're a lot better than the crap servos that came in the kit. Those are made by Savox and based on my experience with them I won't buy that brand again. Aside from that they're way too heavy for a 250.

I've actually got mine down to 329g all up, but I have a lot of metal parts on it like boom tail servo mounts and main bearing blocks. I've also put a larger, higher Kv motor in it which adds some weight. I rewound that one for a Kv constant of 4k. Mine started life as a Trex 250 DFC which comes with a lot of metal parts to begin with. Box stock it was already pretty heavy. The old non-DFC model that comes with a belt drive tail and plastic parts is considerably lighter out of the box.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah i went back a page and seen, seems like too much work for me to behonest as trying to keep that damn thing flying even without crashing is a bit of a pain.

mine is a mix . DFC but belted tail.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2017, 01:27 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 285g

I'm finally getting around to posting this... beter late than never right?

I came in at 285g auw without resorting to things like plastic bearing blocks; thus a light but still solid bird. Instead of blabbing here I started a new thread to detail my less-than-usual build.

See:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=7391781
giiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bringing this thread back from the grave, don't let this heli get discontinued!!!

Finally putting my 7 year old 250 SE/Pro DFC Hybrid on a diet!

I just dropped 28g yesterday going from the 3s 250MX to the discontinued Viper VSH 5600kv motor on 2s.

Was worried about balance but she balances out well with a 2s 950 Graphene. Spooled her up at 80% throttle curve and wow ... she sounds mean.

I plan on shaving even more weight by checking amps to see if I can go back to my Talon 15 from a Talon 25, soldering direct to the esc bypassing the 3.5mm bullets this motor came from, de-casing my MSH mini Brain 2 and sat.

AUW went from 362.3g to 340.4 in just this motor change, now I'm hooked on this diet and want to try for 320g, I don't want to sacrifice my DS95i though cause my tail is BOSS.

BTW I have x2 new Hyperion HS2206 3900kv and a used Align MX250 3600kv if anyone is interested
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have a look at this thread if you haven't already seen it.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ht=lightweight

Many of us have gotten this little bird to 300g or even less. It flies great at that weight. Mine is at about 290g AUW with a 950 mah battery and stock motor. I think that the stock 250mx is the absolute best motor for this bird , I think you'll be disappointed with 2S. I've run for years with a Talon 15amp and never had a problem. My tail is rock solid and very fast with a DS76t tail servo at a lot less weight and a lot less money.

Weight loss is addictive with this heli, every few grams make a noticeable difference. Have fun.

Edit:

AFAIK (and according to AMain Hobbies), the Viper VSH 5600kv weighs 30g and the Align MX250 weighs 33.5g.
How could you have saved 28 grams??? ...battery maybe?

Last edited by Murph_d; 09-16-2017 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: add motor weights
Murph_d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph_d View Post
I think you'll be disappointed with 2S. I've run for years with a Talon 15amp and never had a problem.
Yeah i got a Talon 15 when it first came out, only put the Talon 25 on when i was wanting the Viper 180w motor which would put the amps around 16.

Bench tested the Viper 5600kv on a 65c 2s and it was only getting 120w =( Since the manufacturer rated the motor at 180w continuous, i decided to gamble, put a 14t pinion and bench tested on 3s running a 4800rpm head speed pulling 175watts at 15.4a, motor was just over 100deg F.

Flew 2 pack through her yesterday and ... she's a whole new beast now, when I say she was unboggable at 12deg pitch, i mean unboggable! motor came in both times under 100deg so might bump up to 13deg pitch and maybe 5k headspeed.

hopefully i can get a video today, tic tocs were on crack roll and flip rates were too fast, almost lost orientation several times.

There were 2 viper motors for the 250 before they got discontinued , the 3s 3600kv and the 2s 5600kv, glad I found the 2s version to run on 3s.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

I take power ratings worth a grain of salt these days.

The Lynx 1611 is rated at 390W (!!!!) and it's smaller than the Align 250MX, by like, a lot. No way on this planet will that motor ever hit 390W. Even if it somehow did for a small amount of time (peak on a heli running 6500rpm maybe?), a 200mm machine simply could never put any where near that much load on a motor.

Real world testing is way more important IMO... your 180W rated motor hit 175W... that seems pretty spot on. Seems like modern motor manufacturers like to slap on bigger ratings to make the motors look better than they are.
https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and 3D Printed RC Helicopter Parts and Upgrades
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueadlunnRau View Post
Yeah i got a Talon 15 when it first came out, only put the Talon 25 on when i was wanting the Viper 180w motor which would put the amps around 16.

Bench tested the Viper 5600kv on a 65c 2s and it was only getting 120w =( Since the manufacturer rated the motor at 180w continuous, i decided to gamble, put a 14t pinion and bench tested on 3s running a 4800rpm head speed pulling 175watts at 15.4a, motor was just over 100deg F.

Flew 2 pack through her yesterday and ... she's a whole new beast now, when I say she was unboggable at 12deg pitch, i mean unboggable! motor came in both times under 100deg so might bump up to 13deg pitch and maybe 5k headspeed.

hopefully i can get a video today, tic tocs were on crack roll and flip rates were too fast, almost lost orientation several times.

There were 2 viper motors for the 250 before they got discontinued , the 3s 3600kv and the 2s 5600kv, glad I found the 2s version to run on 3s.
Now that sounds like fun.
Murph_d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2017, 05:15 PM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph_d View Post
Now that sounds like fun.
Finally got a video of my 5600kv 2s running on 3s trying to cut weeds and crashed, posed in the video thread.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:40 PM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

There should be an option of less than 250 grams. Mine is less than 250 grams for maximum flight time.
jcg1541 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2018, 05:36 PM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jibbmbkmunkjmuimuujubbhoimnmumihjbiuvkhhhjuikbhhjb nnnjkmmjjbhônkijjniinkmummmkinnhjhijkhhmjjhkijbkko kujhijiijnjnmuio nbjjhnkiukkmjjbbnbbibnmu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
natedg200202 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2018, 06:28 PM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in