Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bclark
  • 1 Post By ifheli

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is Your Brain2 Circuit Board Loose?

The circuit board moves inside the case of my Brain2. I was told they all do that. I'm curious if that is an accurate statement. Is anybody flying with a loose circuit board?

MSH Brain2 Loose Board (0 min 16 sec)
Hydros27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. It is not suppose to be like that.

You can tell "them" that "somebody" told you "they" don't know what that are talking about.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=torx

If you search on this forum, you will find a few more, I seem to recall.
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2018, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That looks pretty loose . Mine are tight except one that I had to send back because it was loose when it was new...you could try a new case that they sell...the tiny screws that hold it together went from phillips to t5 torx and now the new one I have looks like it cant be taken apart because the screws now look like they go in from the top and are covered by the top "sticker" that is welded or glued on...Next time I have this problem I am going to put double sided tape across all the servo leads attached to the case so It cant move ...I dont know if thats a good idea but thats all ive got...
dnman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2018, 06:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had an Ikon 2 with a loose board. The tail servo was going crazy. I sent it back and they replaced it. It came that way, it was new.
Jim952 likes this.
bclark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnman View Post
That looks pretty loose . Mine are tight except one that I had to send back because it was loose when it was new...you could try a new case that they sell...the tiny screws that hold it together went from phillips to t5 torx and now the new one I have looks like it cant be taken apart because the screws now look like they go in from the top and are covered by the top "sticker" that is welded or glued on...Next time I have this problem I am going to put double sided tape across all the servo leads attached to the case so It cant move ...I dont know if thats a good idea but thats all ive got...
Did you send it back to MSH USA for a replacement? I returned mine, they tightened the screws and told me it was fine. When I got it back the board was still loose. I contacted MSH USA and I was informed "They all are like that."
Old 01-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that is funny.... I have seven units and not a one has a loose board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros27 View Post
Did you send it back to MSH USA for a replacement? I returned mine, they tightened the screws and told me it was fine. When I got it back the board was still loose. I contacted MSH USA and I was informed "They all are like that."
Xrayted likes this.
ifheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Absolutely not! The board in any FBL unit no matter what brand must be secure or else you will have a nightmare of vibrations and unneeded micro corrections being made by the unit that will overheat the servos, or in worse case crash the model. It is unflyable if loose like that.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I sent mine back to where I bought it from Amain hobbies but mine is an Ikon2 and not a Brain...they were very good about warranty.
dnman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2018, 07:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anybody have a Brain 2 from the latest batch? I'm curious if they changed the case design from the bottom screw configuration.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had a Brain2 I checked out. Circa early May. Screws on top, case looked redesigned. Board was held tightly. It's in for service right now from a weird gyro drift issue, but it appears they did a solid job on the "new" case.

An early iKon2 I have, with an older case rev, did have a board that wobbled a tiny bit at first. Nitro vibes and a loose case ended up trashing the riser board solder joints over ~300 flights. That one ended up making it's way to a lab at Goddard before being put back in service. Pictures from that one are max spook.

TL DR : Recent cases are diff, hold the board tight AFAIK. Wobbly boards are bad juju, especially on nitro.

Mike Dipalo--Synergy RC, MKS Electronics
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an Ikon 2 with top screws and a few Brain v2 that are fine. My 20 flight Brain 2 with the bottom screw configuration is sitting in a drawer. I got discouraged with it after my answer from MSH USA. Someday I will make a Kapton tape shim and put it back in service.

Thanks for the response Commodore8888.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in