Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2018, 12:59 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone actually seen a helicopter at an LHS in the last 2 years? I got into this hobby in 2013 by buying a Blade 450 3D, while being under the impression that I could buy replacement parts at any LHS. I crashed it and it took 2 states and five different hobby shops to compile the parts to fix it!

At least in the states I frequent, actual hobby shops are few and far between and none of those carry helicopters anymore. The era of Blade helis and their parts being available at shops is over and should never be used as an excuse to buy one.

If and when I finally break down and buy the 480, I certainly will not do it with the idea that I can walk in to the LHS and buy parts for it anymore than I could with a Synergy heli.

As far as the thread about what we want, I have to wonder how much that thread was influenced by the belief that Blade would never build another large helicopter.

Anyway, I am so far confident that this is going to turn out to be a great heli.
At least I hope it is. If it turns out to be on the level of the higher end helis, it could be the start of something great.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2018, 01:17 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a nice vid

Horizon Hobby Blade Fusion 480 helicopter at the school (4 min 10 sec)
Cman likes this.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2018, 01:29 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
Has anyone actually seen a helicopter at an LHS in the last 2 years?
Personally, no.
I used to have a very nice “Horizon Certified Partner” right down the road from me.
They had a TON of Blade helis, parts and Spektrum stuff.
Unfortunately, they closed a couple of years ago when the owner retired and couldn’t find a buyer.
Man, I miss that place.
Even after I sold all of my Blade helis, I was there often for stuff like lipos, connectors, nuts & bolts, glues, receivers, etc.
I currently don’t have a LHS that has any heli stuff of interest.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:44 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I've seen Blade stuff locally, Nano, 120, 130, 230. One shelf for Helicopters vs rows for planks, cars and drones. In retail you stock what moves.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
Has anyone actually seen a helicopter at an LHS in the last 2 years?
My LHS has one. It's an ancient nitro/flybar Thunder Tiger, some long since discontinued model. God only knows how long it's been sitting there and they are still trying to sell it for full price. I'm sure it will still be there when the owner retires or sells up.

The fact that it's still there maybe explains why he doesnt stock more helis.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:03 PM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

My local LHS (Phil's Hobby Shop) has two locations in the city near me and another in Ohio. Their selection of Helis though is limited to the Blade models and parts. It's normally just the end of one aisle for stocking them with parts in other places. They do sell used items on commission also so every once in a while they have the odd kit heli for sale. It's how I got my Shuttle Plus. Shane built it for a customer who had a kit sitting around then decided it wasn't something he wanted.

They sell online via Amazon as well which I guess helps them stay in business.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2018, 08:34 PM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

Every lhs that I have ever been in that sells any RC has Blade helis. Nobody else's, but Blades for sure. That is why I said it would be cool to see a kit for a heli this size in one of those places.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2018, 09:16 PM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Blade 550X with enough spares (including electronics and motor) to build another one or two of them, so not really interested in this at this price point. I notice that Align now have in stock their 500 Super Combo (including a BeastX) for $138 more that this bare kit. That's where my money would go and I'm a Blade heli fan, I've had them all from the original yellow & blue Blade 400 with a DX6.

I was hoping for a BNF as whilst I enjoy building a kit I now trust Blade to come out with a perfect flying BNF heli at any level including @500 size. And frankly I'm getting used to and enjoy just setting up the TX binding, plugging in the batt and flying, must be the era of instant gratification getting to me.

If they do come out with a BNF version and its heavily discounted from it's current super combo $1000 price tag then I might reconsider but in the absence of that, I'm outa here.
FlyingFiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in