Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2018, 04:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question Question - eBay

If I put my item for sell on eBay, can I put a "For Sale" post on this forum with a link in it to the eBay page to handle the sales via eBay?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey I'm not naming names or anything, but I've had more than a few offers and requests to send funds as a gift this year.

Doesnt anyone read the stickies anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf. View Post
If I put my item for sell on eBay, can I put a "For Sale" post on this forum with a link in it to the eBay page to handle the sales via eBay?
Thanks

Pretty sure thats allowed here.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default scan people

I paid $1660 last week on november 22 2018, to a member name chicago goblin ,i dont receve nothing and the guy disapear.
ramos_777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2018, 03:37 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramos_777 View Post
I paid $1660 last week on november 22 2018, to a member name chicago goblin ,i dont receve nothing and the guy disapear.

You should make a thread about it here:

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39
Old 07-26-2021, 08:47 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scam alert

after many years of buying and selling, I got caught with the crap, was too lazy to do the research, and paid the price, I posted an ad in the WTB section for a Futaba double transmitter case and got this response below, I did email and got respond with pictures and send payment as gift because it was only $80.

"
You can contact Kelvin Mason on [email protected] regarding your WTB request. He mentioned had those for sale. The last time I purchased a Goblin RAW from him they arrived in TOP condition.

Cheers mate and Stay safe!"
wickedindian24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2021, 08:53 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default scammer alert

posted an ad in WTB section for Futaba double transmitter case, got a reply from someone, see below.

"You can contact Kelvin Mason on [email protected] regarding your WTB request. He mentioned had those for sale. The last time I purchased a Goblin RAW from him they arrived in TOP condition.

Cheers mate and Stay safe!

I actually sent payment as a gift, yes I know how stupid of me $80, a lesson learned,

when tried to contact the person who referred the guy to me, turns out he does not accept private messages, when digging deeper he sign up for an account on HF with user name MikeDv two days before.
wickedindian24 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2021, 01:53 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch. Those WTB ads are the target du jour for scammers these days. Ask for pictures then more pictures. Reverse image search those pictures. Ask to communicate thru ebay or anywhere that has feedback ratings.

And obviously insist on sending as payment not gift, especially if the person isnt fully vetted.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

you should report the pm to the moderators.. theres a big wtb scam thats been going on for a while.. very well known.
at least the mods can bann the acc.

read this post and report it to skidzz AKA Kevin. if you have the pm or e-mail, they will need it.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=891709
Old 07-26-2021, 06:13 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

How is it these new scammer accounts have access to PMs or even posting considering they have to make several legitimate Mod reviewed post before they have these privileges?

99% of these WTB scam replies are from Eastern Europe and Nigeria. They dont know the first thing about the topic of the many different forums they are scamming, so what exactly did they post that could possibly make it past the Mods unless they are just copy/pasting excerpts directly from other legitimate members post? This is an evasive tactic I have seen them use in other forums with similar new member restrictions. You can Google search their post and find the original post they copied it from elsewhere to appear legitimate, many times copied directly from one of the threads they post it in.

Bottom line is anyone that is trying to redirect you to a "friend" that just happens to have something you want is a scam (they are both the same person). If they ask for money using Venmo or any other cash app or PP F&F, its a scam. Its they joined just to respond to you without any other participating post, its likely a scam and this particular scam method has been going on for years
Old 07-26-2021, 07:31 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

i guess nobody bothers to look at the many recient posts here about this very subject. no wonder their flourishing and it still continues, until the next one.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:30 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

he just pm me with the exact same message. had an add in the wtb forum.

You can contact Kelvin Mason on [email protected] regarding your WTB request. He mentioned had those for sale. The last time I purchased a Goblin RAW from him they arrived in TOP condition.

Cheers mate and Stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jfivecoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2021, 11:37 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Scam

Just received the exact same PM for my WTB fbl rotor head too.
Raj
sonnweid92 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2021, 03:13 PM   #73 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Report those and MAKE SURE to include the user info. A link to their profile would help as well.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in