Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree268Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #801 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks BD! I never would have guessed that a 450 canopy would fit so well, it really helps with orientation for me also as my eyes aren't like they used to be as well. I am really pleased you tried and posted that, Thank you much!
BgSkyFlyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2018, 09:43 PM   #802 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was out in the street flying hammerhead stalls and grinding my skids on the pavement, caught a weed on the side of the road on my last pass and took a mud nap, really packed it in. This was a flyaway as there is no foreseeable damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mud nap.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	754813  
jackovart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2018, 11:03 PM   #803 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wish i could come in inverted and do a blade scrape on every pass. but I'll never.
jackovart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #804 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm spending half my time inverted learning to do circuits. Its going well but I then find that upright am loosing control orientation with a danger of nosing in. I just cannot seem to get this and its really holding me back. I am now trying to do one flight upright and one upside down to try and get over this issue. Its hard work.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #805 (permalink)
Registered Users

I remember having that issue when first learning inverted hover. It sounds like you're at a stage Allan where you really want to progress and expand your skill set. I remember this was the stage at which I started to use the simulator regularly. It made a huge difference for me, I made much faster progress. I was very reluctant to using a SIM early on but once I saw the benefit my views quickly changed.

Flipping between upright and inverted control is just one of those skills that requires many hours of repeated practice. It's not so much muscle memory this one, that's already been built learning upright VS inverted control. It's really orientation recognition and this is something that really comes more into play as you learn more advanced moves.
Cman likes this.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:37 PM   #806 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan114 View Post
I'm spending half my time inverted learning to do circuits. Its going well but I then find that upright am loosing control orientation with a danger of nosing in. I just cannot seem to get this and its really holding me back. I am now trying to do one flight upright and one upside down to try and get over this issue. Its hard work.
I remember that; i did flip upright then push it nose down into the ground. Practice time will cure it. Then one day- without warning, I no longer had to think about it, it just was natural.
RCFred is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2018, 11:54 PM   #807 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an old mcpx. I have been able to flip it / repair it/ flip it/ repair it. now getting good on the flip side. time to take it to the 230s
Old 09-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #808 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found the 230S was easier to flip then the mcpx or the nano cps

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2018, 03:57 AM   #809 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I have been away on the two week annual holiday so had a break from flying. I shall get back into it with some basic stuff for the first few flights and then see what has happened to my stick memory.

I do use the sim a lot and I seem so much better with that but I wonder if its the fear factor in RL. I would never have been able to progress to inverted flight without the sim, it would have cost me a fortune in time and money with broken helis. Also I don't really want to return from the flying field all the time with a trashed heli - its kind of demorolising.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:55 AM   #810 (permalink)
Registered Users

No flying at the moment as its so windy - boring!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 05:27 AM   #811 (permalink)
Registered Users

At last the first day with sun and no wind for over a week so I was out early today. Both helis flying well and a chance to put into practice my inverted flying skills honed up on the sim. I'm doing ok and doing one flight mainly inverted and one upright in an attempt to keep my finger memory on the cyclic stick. Old dog - new tricks
Old 10-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #812 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well not really much action of this forum at the moment. Perhaps you are all enjoying flying and having a relatively trouble free time. I note a lot of stuff on here is about getting around the safe mode with various Tx's. This isn't an area I have gotten into as the heli flies just fine for me with the stock DXe Tx. I've been practicing my inverted circuit flying and backward uprights circles. This is pushing me quite hard at the moment but progress is slowly being made. I trust others are making progress also.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #813 (permalink)
Registered Users

We finally got past the recent heat wave. Today and tomorrow are nice and cool with highs in the 60's. I'm just waiting for the wind to calm down a bit then I will take out the big helis followed by my stretched V1.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #814 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel as UK weather goes we have had a very nice summer for helicopter flying. We've had an extreme of temperatures this year. Early on we had the "beast from the east" a rather prolonged spell of really cold weather. I did some flying in this period but after a couple of packs my hands were getting numb but the heli seemed to keep going fine. Three months later and it was in the high 90's, again challenging to fly in the hot sun and this time I think the electronics in the heli were reaching their temperature limits as I was getting some tail issues and trashed an ESC. Once this very hot weather backed off a bit we have had pretty ideal weather apart from some windy periods. Today a perfectly still warm day and a chance to fly three packs and get some ideal flights in.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #815 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mostly cussing at it this week, lost bind, won't bind, wire came off the ESC....having trouble re-soldering....you know, the normal type of heli fun
Termite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2018, 07:42 PM   #816 (permalink)
Registered Users

Add some flux and go up over 800F especially if it's a ground lead.
Termite likes this.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #817 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Add some flux and go up over 800F especially if it's a ground lead.
I'll give it a shot, Thanks.
Termite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #818 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a new Blade fiberglass canopy for my 230S. Beautiful colors! Need some of the green blades to match this scheme but can't find a Blade green tail? Only aftermarket tail rotor in green.

Also, grounded it immediately after flying because this 230S is ridiculously messed up! Tips when spooled up, AFTER doing some dumb wobble dance...

Got it in the air after trying to tip forward and tip to the right and it was impossible to fly. I had to apply constant forward and left collective just to hover. Once into the 10mph headwind, it was a little better, but I eventually lost control and sent it overhead!

Since I can only fly tail in for now, I quickly spun it tail in before it smoked the neighbors tree and managed to soar way up high until I could regain it.

Sucked. And I'm not happy with this new 230S.

My little 130S flew in the same 10mph headwind just fine! Bouncy, as expected, but it still did better than the 230S.
Ram_Wagon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2018, 05:50 AM   #819 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, didn't do ANYTHING today... (since it's almost 7am and cold and dark!)

But, yesterday I flew the 230S finally (AGAIN!) in the backyard to scare away some crows hollering in the harvested cornfield out back!

Got it calibrated and trim flight-ed and watch with a smile as a friend had helped me. He did some 3D with it and was actually impressed by MY gentle flying style once he was done and let me fly.

So again, the 230S is in the air again and stable, and happy, and so am I!
Old 10-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #820 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted. What was wrong in the end. These helis are normally quite docile fliers so you should enjoy it if you have an easy style. I am intl big sky maneuvers and don't do the twitchy 3D stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in