Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailblade94 View Post
I sure hope there will be a new 250x soon. I've been out of the hobby for a while, excited to get back at it. A new 250 would be great since I only had problems with mine (Pro Dfc 3gx). But no rumors or news as of yet.
Yep, no news on a 250 replacement. Heck, I'd be happy with a refresh, especially with some updated tail stuff so those of us that already have 250s could use the parts. Things I'd like to see:

-Slightly wider frame, stronger too, especially near the boom supports
-Belt driven tail with the newer tail assembly
-Easy to remove canopy
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
A new 250 would be great since I only had problems with mine (Pro Dfc 3gx). But no rumors or news as of yet.
If you're looking for T250 size, and open to something other than Align, the Oxy 2 is a very nice option.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:52 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer View Post
Quote:
A new 250 would be great since I only had problems with mine (Pro Dfc 3gx). But no rumors or news as of yet.
If you're looking for T250 size, and open to something other than Align, the Oxy 2 is a very nice option.
I have looked at the oxy 2. Seems like a great little heli although I'm in South Africa so finding one won't be easy. In the event that I do find one parts would be the other problem.
Old 03-16-2018, 04:28 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in south africa and I fly an oxy2. Order direct from lynx, shipping on the kit might be free or add a few items to get to their minimum free shipping amount, generally will be at your door within a week. Same thing with spares, sure you can't walk down to your local shop for spares, but if you order after a weekend crash you should receive the parts before the next weekend and shipping is usually around $15.
1am7h30n3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1am7h30n3 View Post
I'm in south africa and I fly an oxy2. Order direct from lynx, shipping on the kit might be free or add a few items to get to their minimum free shipping amount, generally will be at your door within a week. Same thing with spares, sure you can't walk down to your local shop for spares, but if you order after a weekend crash you should receive the parts before the next weekend and shipping is usually around $15.
I've never ordered from over seas. I always thought the import tax would drive the product's price through the roof. Do you have any experience of purchasing from http://www.aligntrexstore.com or any other online shops. Since local shops prices are quite ridiculously high compared to the prices of online abroad shops. They also seem to have more stock than local.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:12 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any word on align 250x??
It would be really nice to have it
windcatcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2018, 05:36 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

They missed the boat. Just get an Oxy 2
Old 08-12-2018, 06:37 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Align 250X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbouni View Post
They missed the boat. Just get an Oxy 2

Oxy2 is getting very popular in Poland and a lot of my friends got it recently.

I am considering Oxy2 but every time I look at it, it feels too expensive for its size and not very crash proof.

I had two oxy3 models and crashing with them is VERY expensive and they crash bad and much more expensive than bigger trex 470 and gaui x3.

I do not want get into oxy2 boat and invest a lot on money into bats and upgrades and then be afraid of flying it due to high repair cost...

I got TREX150x recently to fill the micro/mini gap and model is a tank 😊 I like it a lot and that is why I am looking forward to trex 250X 😊 I hope align could get us another improved heli cause difference between trex 150 vs 150x is huuuuuge!!
Old 08-12-2018, 08:14 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was talking with the team at the Align tent at IRCHA but never thought to bring this up. Probably because I did not want to know, as I had just stopped by the OXY tent and made a purchase . My impression by the Align helicopters in their tent is they are concentrating on the larger helicopters. Seeing as how the latest two new ones were the 700XN and 600XN. The old 450L has been re-packaged as a trainer with stabilization and plastic parts.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope they come up with one my 250 was the first heli i built setup and flew relatively successful, still fly it today. I have a flybarlress version t00 that i am working on putting a talon esc to avoide the brownouts.
The size is great for flying in smaller area, and they look sweet (i say that about all Helis)

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2018, 06:51 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by windcatcher View Post
Oxy2 is getting very popular in Poland and a lot of my friends got it recently.

I am considering Oxy2 but every time I look at it, it feels too expensive for its size and not very crash proof.

I had two oxy3 models and crashing with them is VERY expensive and they crash bad and much more expensive than bigger trex 470 and gaui x3.

I do not want get into oxy2 boat and invest a lot on money into bats and upgrades and then be afraid of flying it due to high repair cost...

I got TREX150x recently to fill the micro/mini gap and model is a tank 😊 I like it a lot and that is why I am looking forward to trex 250X 😊 I hope align could get us another improved heli cause difference between trex 150 vs 150x is huuuuuge!!

Oxy 2 needs no upgrades. Flies great stock.

As far as crashes Oxy 2 is cheap because heli is tough and not alot breaks in a crash provided you hit throttle hold before it crashes. I have crashed without breaking anything on the heli a few times already.Just pick it up adjust the blades and fly.
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

No current plans for 250x
tailblade94 likes this.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still flying my 250 on a regular basis. I did just step on it and had to put my last spare boom on it. I keep waiting for 'one more crash' before I get the oxy 2, but then go ahead and rebuild the 250 anyway.

Now maybe it is ready for the 'collector shelf.'
Old 09-04-2018, 07:45 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Disappointing. maybe Oxy 2 time for me, break the Align/Blade trend last time I did that with my JR well you know what happened

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've run across a few folks here who have flown the T250 quite a bit and invested in all the flight-enhancing upgrades they could. These are also folks who did the Oxy 2 route more recently. The common reaction was that the O2 flies better OOB than the T250 ever did, no matter how much upgrading.

On cost, the sport versions are pretty reasonable. Really a "light" version rather than a downgrade from the metal bling. Electronics are, as always, all over the map, so you can spend what you want. The T250 BTF version is not that much cheaper than a typical Oxy 2 with electronics.

@Windcatcher...My experience with that Oxy 3 has been a little different. I've only had to repair my O3 a few times and it's generally a spindle and one DFC link. I think I had one crash where I actually had to replace blades and boom. One of my Oxy 2s has had a couple of "crashes". One was no damage and one was a DFC link and maybe the spindle - can't remember now.

For a 200 size heli, the O2 does fly great and is quite robust. For smaller and less expensive, there is always the T150X as already mentioned, and the XK K110. Either of those is a rather different animal though...

Old 09-05-2018, 09:43 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer View Post
I've run across a few folks here who have flown the T250 quite a bit and invested in all the flight-enhancing upgrades they could. These are also folks who did the Oxy 2 route more recently. The common reaction was that the O2 flies better OOB than the T250 ever did, no matter how much upgrading.
I take that stuff with a grain of salt. You rarely hear of anyone saying that their new helicopter flies worse than their old one. A Trex 250 in good condition (and not overloaded with heavy parts) flies very well. I will concede there are some maintenance issues...THE TAIL.

It would be interesting to compare two freshly built helis, one Oxy2 one Trex 250 with the exact same blades, electronic and tuning.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:54 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

I doubt you will be able to find anyone who owned both trex 250 and oxy2 who will tell you that the 250 flies better. The difference between them is significant. Even with same electronics.
mba83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2018, 05:59 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mba83 View Post
I doubt you will be able to find anyone who owned both trex 250 and oxy2 who will tell you that the 250 flies better. The difference between them is significant. Even with same electronics.
Have you flown a pair that were setup identically?
Old 09-06-2018, 08:55 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mba83 View Post
Have you flown a pair that were setup identically?
I have, the 250 is my favorite size. Just my opinion, but I think the Oxy2 flies better than the T250. The Oxy2 is much more sturdy and locked in during flight. The Oxy2 does whatever I ask without any back talk, strange oscillations, or adverse tail behavior.
Cman likes this.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:15 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far I like the way my 250 flies better than my oxy2.
Chuck Lewis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in