Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By BrainDev

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is there a Micro Brain 2 version that has Bluetooth built in?

I am trying to decide between a Micro Brain 2 and a µSpirit for an Oxy 2 Heli.

The descriptions are not too clear on this. It mentions some models may have it built in on the add page, but there is also mention of a module you have to buy. I only see one model for sale of the Micro Brain 2, so this is a bit confusing.

I think the µSpirit requires a separate module for the Bluetooth? However, if you are using Frsky (which I just ordered), it says it can control it from the Tx. I am switching from a Spektrum DX9 to a Horus X10S.

I am just not sure which of these controllers to go with. If you can use the Micro Brain 2 with a phone without adding more weight (BT module), then it might not be a big deal if it is not integrated with the radio?

I have an Android phone.

The Micro Brain seems easier to buy in the USA, but I don't know if I want to give up the Frsky integration?

I have not used either one of these, so I am trying to do some due diligence.

Thanks!

I am going to download the MSH manual and read through it more. I got through the µSpirit manual already.
jevs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2018, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the uBrain and miniBrain you need a separate Bluetooth model. You can also use a 4649t if your Spektrum for your Sat and get integration straight from your radio.
Agile 5.5, Logo 550sx, X5, Goblin 500, Oxy 3, Trex 450proV2, 250DFC #309
nflanagin is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2018, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Neither the micro or the mini Brain2 (or iKON2) have an option for built-in BT.

I have the mini Brain2 w/ the MSH BT adapter permanently attached and mounted on the side frame of my Goblin 380.
Most of the adjustments are done through my DX9's LCD front panel.
The only time I use the BT is to update the firmware through my PC.

Since you are moving away from Spektrum, I have no idea about the Frsky integration functionality.

Does the Sprint charge extra to unlock certain features?
Old 09-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticedoff8 View Post

Does the Sprint *Spirit* charge extra to unlock certain features?
Not that I am aware of. They seem to be competing directly with the Micro Brain. They are within a few bucks of each other. However, the Micro brain seems to be easier to order in the USA (from the little searching I have done). I did not see a uSpirit in the USA with a quick look.

The uSpirit is slightly smaller, but the uBrain is slightly lighter. I am not sure what the advantage of the aluminum case is on the uSpirit? It seems like it would be lighter and smaller than the uBrain if it was plastic maybe.

I would lean towards the uBrain, but I am not sure how handy or important the built in features would be for the Frsky vs trying to use a phone only with the uBrain.

Most people from what I have read so far seem to like both.
jevs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2018, 01:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that the most important thing you need to know about asking who has tried both controllers, is the quality, characteristics and feeling of flight. Once that's done, you won't have any more doubts about the choice.
lcc014 and mlp3028 like this.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Both systems fly great and easy to tune. Just comes down to the features you get with either FBL system. I use both systems. I lean more to the Spirit but own more Brains than Spirits( 7-Brains / 6-Spirits ).

Easy to buy Brain in the USA but you can get the Spirit very quick from over seas.

Just like the Brain, Spirit does not charge anything for updates.
ifheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in