Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums Ė KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Stolen: Two helis, Radio, Charging setup

Hi Guys,

It sucks to post this but my car and garage were burglarized last night.

They got away with two helis, my radio and my charging setup. Posting all the details so if you could be on the lookout I would appreciate it. Pics of the stolen helis attached.

List of stolen equipment:

JR Forza 700, Stock Red and White color scheme with Bavarian Demon stickers on the canopy and a unique air scoop on the front middle of the canopy
Kontronik Kosmik 160
X-Nova XTS 4530 525kv motor
Futaba BLS256 cyclics
Futaba BLS156 Tail
Spartan VX1e FBL
Rail 696 Main blades
JR 105mm Tail blades
Two 6s GenAce 5000 MAH batteries

JR Vibe 50 NEX FBL, Stock red, white and black canopy but with no JR stickers.
OS 55 HZR
SAB-1 OS 55 Pipe
Spartan VX1
Align DS620 on throttle
JR MP82GWV on tail
KST 815 on Cyclics
Hobbywing 10a UBEC
SAB Thunderbolt 3D 600MM blades
Halo 95mm Tail Blades
OrangeRX 110XL sats

JR 11x Radio with a Pulse 2550MAH and Turnigy 2600MAH batteries

Icharger 308 Duo with two 1200W HP power supplies, made by DSW on Runryder, in a Ridgid 22in Pro Organizer

Made a second pass thru the garage and noticed that they also took:

Taranis X9D Radio brand new in the box with an x8r Receiver

Traxxas Rustler VXL used, setup for speed runs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stolen helis.jpg (80.2 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by lwnemesis; 11-17-2018 at 06:22 PM..
lwnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

i dont know what else was in your garage but sounds like they only wanted your helis. hope the get caught!
birchbore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh man not the JRís!!

Does your house or neighborhood have cameras?

Is that all they took? Never rule out people you may know.

Gutted for you. Even worse that itís two JRs
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sucks! Keep an eye on Craigs list.

TRM Power
CAUTION - my posts are based on my experiences, yours may be different.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2018, 06:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

This was a smash and grab so they grabbed what they could and ran.

Last edited by lwnemesis; 11-12-2018 at 09:34 PM..
Old 11-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default I'll be looking

I live ion the Seattle area. I'll be looking out for anyone selling around here. Sorry for your loss.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

After more than a year has passed I finally got a lead on one of the helis. This lead to the recovery of the Forza 700 with all the equipment it had in it sans the batteries. What an awesome Christmas present to get a stolen heli back. Sadly no other equipment has been found to date. Thank God I could prove this was my heli and the cops did their job.

Please keep good records and pictures of your stuff. You never know when you might need to prove that something is yours.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm glad you got something back from your stolen equipment,some are not as fortunate at all and never see their equipment ever again.

Marry Christmas!
flipboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2019, 04:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great you got the 700 back. Now just don't tell the insurance company .. hehe
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2019, 06:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great news. Did they catch the thief or did the guy who had it claim that he had bought it in good faith? (from some other 'guy in a pub' who's name he didn't know, obviously)
Gob Kraken |Gob 700 BT 'T' | Gob 770 Comp | Gob 700 Speed | Trex 700X | SoXos Strike 7| Tarot 600| | XLPower 700 | Henseleit TDR & TDR2 | Kasama Dune | UK distributor for Tarot 550/600 helis - ScotiaRC.co.uk
Smoggie is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sucks for the buyer if unaware but they have no entitlement having purchased stolen goods, at least in the UK.

Good for you to of not given up on ever seeing your helicopters again.

Happy Christmas to you!
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2019, 06:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
It sucks for the buyer if unaware but they have no entitlement having purchased stolen goods, at least in the UK.

Good for you to of not given up on ever seeing your helicopters again.

Happy Christmas to you!
It's the same in the US. That's why pawn shops here are so particular to do all they can to make sure things are legit and they have all of your info and ID.

My buddy used to own one and would always use a series of "trick" questions disguised as normal conversation that could throw off someone trying to pawn stolen goods, similar to how the Cops will do when pulling over someone and the occupants just dont seem to be on the up & up with their stories. Many times things just didn't add up so he would refuse the item and ask them to leave.

Despite doing his best, there were several times the Police would show up at the shop with paperwork in hand regarding some items, typically electronics, jewelry and expensive brand watches and take it from him because it was stolen, so he gets robbed too. If the item had been sold, he was required to provide that info to the Police as well so they could go to the buyer.

Congrats to the OP for this small win!
Old 12-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Basically an acquaintance of mine sent me a message saying that a buddy of his was selling a heli. Then he sent pics and it was my heli in the same exact shape and with all my electronics in it. Basically looks the same as the day it was stolen. I immediately called the cops and they told me what to do from there. I had to prove it was mine and they went in and got it from him. Delivered it straight to my door. It was all disassembled and there was some slight damage but it’s all there. It was about to be sold in pieces so I’m glad I got to it in time. Now I need to disinfect it and get that nasty cigarette smell out of it.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwnemesis View Post
Basically an acquaintance of mine sent me a message saying that a buddy of his was selling a heli. Then he sent pics and it was my heli in the same exact shape and with all my electronics in it. Basically looks the same as the day it was stolen. I immediately called the cops and they told me what to do from there. I had to prove it was mine and they went in and got it from him. Delivered it straight to my door. It was all disassembled and there was some slight damage but it’s all there. It was about to be sold in pieces so I’m glad I got to it in time. Now I need to disinfect it and get that nasty cigarette smell out of it.
Wow, what a small world that your acquaintance just happened to have a buddy that had your heli!

My pawn shop buddy had a similar bizarre coincidence occur with him and one of his friends as well. His buddy had a car stereo stolen from his car. Weeks later he is in the pawn shop hanging out and sure enough sees it sitting behind the counter waiting to be checked in to the inventory.

He even knew what CD he had left inside the unit last, so they connected the unit up to a testing rig they had there at the shop to verify things work before taking the pawn in and sure enough his CD was still in the unit. Crazy small world!

Last edited by Xrayted; 12-07-2019 at 12:43 PM..
Xrayted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2019, 12:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Basically an acquaintance of mine sent me a message saying that a buddy of his was selling a heli. Then he sent pics and it was my heli in the same exact shape and with all my electronics in it. Basically looks the same as the day it was stolen. I immediately called the cops and they told me what to do from there. I had to prove it was mine and they went in and got it from him. Delivered it straight to my door. It was all disassembled and there was some slight damage but itís all there. It was about to be sold in pieces so Iím glad I got to it in time. Now I need to disinfect it and get that nasty cigarette smell out of it.
great to hear ya got something back.. but there has to be more to this story.. like, your buddies friend.. is he arrested?
K2Freak likes this.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. Or that maybe his "acquaintance" needs to be looked at closer, however it would be really stupid to try and sell someone their own heli back

There was a similar interesting story here years back where a guy sees one of his helis with a guy at a club or event that had been stolen a few years earlier. It was a Raptor if I recall and he confronted the guy about it and even pointed out some specific markings that he had made on the model, so it was definitely his.

Turned out he had bought it from a swap meet somewhere and wasnt very happy when the Police took it away from him
Old 12-07-2019, 05:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

No one got arrested. Unfortunately the trail is cold after a year. I have no idea how many times it has changed hands. I know it sat around for a very long time as the pics I saw were from October when it was still assembled and it had a bunch of dust on it and the screws started to rust. I know my acquaintance a bit and I doubt he had anything to do with it. Otherwise he wouldn't have sent me the pics. He knew that I had helis stolen.The other guy was given this heli by someone who wanted to sell it and split the proceeds. It gets murky from there. The detective has a lead to follow up on it but I doubt anything will come of it.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Now I need to disinfect it and get that nasty cigarette smell out of it.
A couple days inside a garbage liner with a few ounces of coffee grounds will take care of that
AtTheCross and Diogenes like this.
Old 12-07-2019, 08:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a good idea. I once bought a kit and parts that smelled like an ashtray. Had to douse them in air freshener twice. Ugh.
dwoof is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2019, 08:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a heli once.. used as always.. no biggie but it smelled like weed.. I have so many used helis, don't know which one it is.. but the shop still smells like it.
AtTheCross likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in