Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC > Spartan Vortex

Spartan Vortex Spartan RC - Vortex VX1 Factory Support Forum

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2018, 03:13 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl5973 View Post
All Im going to say is luka form oxy heli is including the vortex pico and the vx1e in the combos for the oxy helii on his lynx heli website.

Clearly he struck a deal with Angelos to do this.

Whyt would Luka do this if Angelos had no plans on continuing on with the spartan FBL brand?
all lucca did was buy up all the vortex's that were laying around and put them in a package deal. yea, he got a deal for pennies on the dollar.
that has nothing to do with the future of spartan. looks like a quick deal to put together some fbl's for his kits. that's all.

it looks like you know what lucca is doing with his business ventures now and are making the same assumptions.
I too loved all my vortex's.. all 21 of them and I still have most of them, but have moved on to a diff fbl that has rescue, and not waiting. but to tell every body that " it is coming " you act like you know for sure, like you and angelos are talking on a regular basis.. sorry, but that's how I read it.
taxes are due every year.. we know that, but a VX2, no one knows that, not even you. its just speculation. I hope it does happen, for everyone that stuck around waiting. I may even try one. if it happens.
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2018, 03:30 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
why don't you provide evidence that he is not continuing instead of complaining.

Your not the only one who loves the spartan brand

Good luck to you
Seriously? I said I had a conversation, you're claiming that you have a thread that you won't link to. I'm not naming names because I won't drag this person into this nonsense.

All I said was doesn't look like it's happening this year. No word from the guy who is or isn't making it, and you're getting all over anyone who doesn't agree. This might as well be a Bigfoot sighting.

I'm curious, what makes you so sure that it's going to be released and why do you care so much?
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2018, 03:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That is not proof he is not working on the vx2

Once again just speculation the vx2 is not happening
Did you actually read what i wrote All i ever said is that in practical terms we can only assume it's not available (because that is a fact it is not)

Lack of absolute proof that he is not working on it is not proof that he is. You are the one using absolute positive statements about the VX2 being worked on.. so where is YOUR evidence to back up your claims?
Old 11-14-2018, 06:07 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

The simple fact that RC heli's are not nearly as popular at they were 3 or 4 years ago, and the fact that Angelos is off working on a very different project, something that will take up a lot of his time and energy, suggests to me that it is unlikely that any work is continuing on the development of the VX2.

There's just very little incentive in todays economic climate.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

MB
Old 11-14-2018, 07:19 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm over all the negativity and speculation.

You guys think whatever you like

No matter what I say it will always be the same

Enjoy whatever you guys decided to do
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
all lucca did was buy up all the vortex's that were laying around and put them in a package deal. yea, he got a deal for pennies on the dollar.
that has nothing to do with the future of spartan. looks like a quick deal to put together some fbl's for his kits. that's all.

it looks like you know what lucca is doing with his business ventures now and are making the same assumptions.
I too loved all my vortex's.. all 21 of them and I still have most of them, but have moved on to a diff fbl that has rescue, and not waiting. but to tell every body that " it is coming " you act like you know for sure, like you and angelos are talking on a regular basis.. sorry, but that's how I read it.
taxes are due every year.. we know that, but a VX2, no one knows that, not even you. its just speculation. I hope it does happen, for everyone that stuck around waiting. I may even try one. if it happens.
Really ?

so why can I still order a vx1e and vx1p on the spartan website?
dl5973 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nobody said he went out of business, just that he is the releasing the vx2 any time soon.
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2018, 08:32 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any new news here?

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2018, 07:52 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeMan1 View Post
Any new news here?
news..
Old 12-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
news..
That's what I thought.....

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 12-13-2018, 09:47 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

im listing all my vx1e's for sale, soon......
Old 12-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

It occured to me that all this speculation is rather stupid. there is an easy way to clear this up, and that is to ask the man himself (Angelos).

Spartan RC have a 'contact us' messaging facility on the web site:

Spartan RC

So i created a new ticket simply asking this question:
Quote:
Hi Angelos,
Do you have any update on progress with the VX2 ?

thanks Steve
I received an automated confirmation that my message was received, so lets see what the response is shall we? I think it's logical to conclude that if i receive no response that means there is nothing positive to report on the VX2. Either that or Angelos is no longer even bothering to read/respond to his messages, which in itself would speak volumes.
LubeMan1 and tonys-heli like this.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
It occured to me that all this speculation is rather stupid. there is an easy way to clear this up, and that is to ask the man himself (Angelos).

Spartan RC have a 'contact us' messaging facility on the web site:

Spartan RC

So i created a new ticket simply asking this question:

I received an automated confirmation that my message was received, so lets see what the response is shall we? I think it's logical to conclude that if i receive no response that means there is nothing positive to report on the VX2. Either that or Angelos is no longer even bothering to read/respond to his messages, which in itself would speak volumes.
It just feels like all of us supporting the unit have been left out to dry so to speak. Kind of a bummer is all, I know things change (jeez look at Compass) but a response of some sort would end all the speculation I guess.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 12-14-2018, 05:25 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
im listing all my vx1e's for sale, soon......

can i buy one
Old 12-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I periodically check this forum for the same reason probably everyone else does (for those that aren't having an issue with the Vortex Units), and that's to see if against all odds there is any news good or bad regarding the future of the Vortex units and perhaps the Spartan brand itself.

I, like everyone else who do this, really like this unit and wish to see the VX2 released and would go and try one if it were released.

That being said, whiie we have no absolute confirmation from Angelos himself about whether or not the VX2 has been abandonded, we can use a bit of reasoning to make an educated guess, and I think it is perfectly reasonable to do so.

The last communications, as a fact, we have from Angelos on forums (unless someone else can point to newer ones) is, first, this from February 3, 2018:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
No, I have not left Spartan. I continue to own the entire company together with my wife who is now the new director. The change was done for administrative reasons. Under UK law "director" is the person responsible for the legal obligations of the company like ensuring tax returns, etc are filed on time. The title should not be confused with the directors that that are running day to day operations of the company like engineering director, marketing director, etc.
https://www.helifreak.com/7530643-post19.html

The other post is from February 6, 2018, on the UK forum Heliaddict's, in which he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
Spartan has enough cash at hand to function for several years. Besides little things like the monthly credit card and telephone bills we don't own money to anyone. Bankruptcy implies inability to pay the bills and that's certainly not the case here. We have zero debt that rolls over to the next month or invoices past their due date.

We certainly have our reasons for making the change of directors which I am not going to discuss of a public forum. You may perhaps be perplexed thinking "What else could it be?" and I can assure you there are plenty of reasons for a small and thus flexible company to do this. For example, say there was a grant that supports innovation, where the company offsets its payroll expenses but it excludes the company directors. Or if there was a consultancy customer who wants you for few months on their payroll as an expert in the field so they can meet the requirements to secure a loan or investment. Or, as a director of your own company you can't get the best mortgage deals. Or maybe your accountant suggested the change so you can make better use of tax allowances or reduce your employer liability insurance bill.

I don't spend much time on the Internet these days. I already work long hours and the kids are older and need more of my attention. I am only here because someone messaged me about this thread. If you need help with Spartan products the easiest way to reach me is via phone. The number is on the top of our web store.
Spartan RC - Page 4

Now while both of those quotes do not directly address the question of the development of the VX2, I think we can draw reasonable conclusions. Both of the threads in which Angelos replied specifically mentioned the VX2, so there is no doubt that he understood people were looking for information on the release date of the unit.

What can be gleamed from this is that not answering this question was intentional. Thus, he neither wanted to confirm or deny whether development on the VX2 has ceased. However, I don't think that in any way means that he is actively working on it; in fact, I think what it more likely means is that he didn't want to completely write it off on the off chance that perhaps the flybarless market turns around or perhaps things change for him in other ways which may allow him to viably continue to work on it.

There are other scenarios. Perhaps, (1) he didn't want to definitively write it off as that may hurt sales of his other products or interest in the brand, (2) he feels some obligation to his customers since he did specifically say that the VX2 would be released, or (3) he unlikely has some small hope of perhaps of continuing development if time, attention, and resources allow it.

And I think this may be the more realistic answer to the question. Perhaps we should make a distinction between "abandoned" and "suspended" development, though there may be a very subtle difference. If he abandonded development, then he made a conscious choice that it makes no sense to continue given what the current market offers and the stage of development and technology is at (because at some point, technological development will render its release a moot point).

On the other hand if he took a break from development to work on other projects that are more relevant, profitiable, or more interesting, then there is some small hope that he may return to it. I would imagine A LOT of this would depend on where he left off on in development, and how much personal costs (in time and resources) it would take to finish and test. And it could simply be the case that he took a break which was only intended to be temporary and it turned into something else. I think we all had the experience of taking a "break" on some project or other when life got into the way, and it ends up sitting down in the basement waiting for us, and we have the intention of picking it up, but as more time goes by, the less likely it is that we will; and sometimes it just takes enough time for us to admit to ourselves that we're really just not going to get to it.

That was a lot more rambling than I intended, but if I had to sum it up: I don't think it is reasonable to believe that the VX2 is still in development, and Angelos's silence on the topic has something to do with him wrestling with his conscious to admit to himself that it has, indeed, been for all intents and purposes, abandoned. Once he does that, then he'll probably admit it to the rest of us.
Smoggie likes this.
Gartt GT450L 6s [BD-3SX]

Last edited by Zermelo; 12-15-2018 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Zermelo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2018, 02:06 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^^ above post i think most likely sums it up.

Anyway FWIW three days after raising the ticket on the Spartan web site enquiring about the VX2 I've not received a reply other than the automated acknowledgement.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
^^^ above post i think most likely sums it up.

Anyway FWIW three days after raising the ticket on the Spartan web site enquiring about the VX2 I've not received a reply other than the automated acknowledgement.
I will be paying attention to this thread, I’m making a move if there’s no VX2 in the very near future, getting ridiculous.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:24 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
I will be paying attention to this thread, I’m making a move if there’s no VX2 in the very near future, getting ridiculous.

which is what he may be obviously hoping for, people to move on, forget about it and stop asking for it.
blarks likes this.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:40 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danker16 View Post
which is what he may be obviously hoping for, people to move on, forget about it and stop asking for it.
mission accomplished...
Old 12-27-2018, 07:22 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still....... holding....... my....... breath.....

Same thing happened with Skookum...

Just no info coming, no updates, they just moved on.

Hey, look I get it. Life changes, we need to put food on the table, our interests change but here is the kicker...

Please just be honest...

If the project is dead or the units are no longer in development or the current product will not be supported just tell us....

I guess that would cut into some potential sales on units already produced and in inventory but at some point cut bait and just let us know...

I get that RC stuff is on the outs and the market share has dropped quite a bit in all areas. The boom happened around the time I got into it and there was lots of room for many suppliers. Now the market has shrunk..... I'll use what I have until it crashes and does not work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in