Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 330X

Blade 330X Blade 330X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2018, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Stripped Main Gear

While practicing hovering, a gust of wind blew my 330X into my Harley. I was flying in front of the garage with the door open (trying to avoid the wind.) Needless to say, I destroyed the the rotor blades and stripped the main gear. I had an extra set of 325mm blades and have gears (ordered extras) on the way already but was wondering how detailed of a job is it to replace the gear? I haven't started taking things apart yet because I wanted to have the new gear in hand first so I don't misplace any parts or forget how things go back together. Just wondering how much has to come apart. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
AeroAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 07:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroAddict View Post
While practicing hovering, a gust of wind blew my 330X into my Harley. I was flying in front of the garage with the door open (trying to avoid the wind.) Needless to say, I destroyed the the rotor blades and stripped the main gear. I had an extra set of 325mm blades and have gears (ordered extras) on the way already but was wondering how detailed of a job is it to replace the gear? I haven't started taking things apart yet because I wanted to have the new gear in hand first so I don't misplace any parts or forget how things go back together. Just wondering how much has to come apart. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Easier than riding the Hog,
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=387337

There are a few good videos on youtube as well
Old 12-22-2018, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you!
Old 12-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take the bolt out from the bottom of tail gear and pull up the main shaft just enough so it clears the gear assembly and then pull both the main and tail gear out of the heli. You dont need to take the head out completely but you might need to loosen the swashplate guide and take the swash pin out so you have more room to work with.

You will need to take the one way bearing out of your main gear and put it into the new gear. Before you do that take the screws from the one way bearing and screw them in into the new gear slowly, its slightly tricky because the new gears dont have threads on them its just smooth openings. Once you got your screw grooves in the new gear then put the one way bearing in and re-assemble everything.

Dont forget to adjust your gear mesh when putting everything back together or you will strip your new gear again.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still learning heli nomenclature and need to know what the shaft is called that the blade holders are attached to. I bent it also and do not know what to look for in order to get a new one. Not the vertical main shaft that goes to the gears but the horizontal shaft that is 2 and 13/16 inches long.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forgot...is there a diagram that shows whatorder the spacers and bearings go in on the blade holders? Things kinda fell out when I was taking them off.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm still learning heli nomenclature and need to know what the shaft is called that the blade holders are attached to. I bent it also and do not know what to look for in order to get a new one. Not the vertical main shaft that goes to the gears but the horizontal shaft that is 2 and 13/16 inches long.
This is what you are looking for Spindle Set they are also called feathering shaft.

Quote:
I forgot...is there a diagram that shows whatorder the spacers and bearings go in on the blade holders? Things kinda fell out when I was taking them off.
Rotor Head Assembly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in