Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

Like Tree237Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2018, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is MSH still alive?

It seems nothing is getting restocked recently and few things have been in stock since the Black Friday sale. Iím hoping itís a supply chain/manufacturing issue thatís being resolved but does anyone have any news on this? I love my msh helis and I really hope I donít have to move on from them.
Yfbb is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Long silence from MSH and MSH Electronics
Perhaps because of heli shrinking market ?
Old 12-31-2018, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmi5 View Post
Long silence from MSH and MSH Electronics
Perhaps because of heli shrinking market ?
Just FYI - MSH and MSH Electronics are completely different companies, with different owners.

https://www.msh-electronics.com/
Old 12-31-2018, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I loved my protos but I wouldnít buy at this point. Amainhobbies and heli arenít even supplying them. I hope they stick around but doesnít look good.

XL 520 Stock motor, OMG cyclic servos, KST tail, HW 100amp ESC, Ikon 2 FBL.
Blades345 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2018, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

They sold out of kits on Black Friday 2017 too. I think they were back in stock around March 2018?

Years ago, I was sitting on a train platform writing postcards that started with: "Greetings from sunny Italy where the hourly train is 3 hours late, so far." It's a wonderful place, but you shouldn't get hung up on the idea of things being on-time.
Dave H. is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2019, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been worrying about this as well. I kinda put all my eggs into the msh basket over the last 2 yrs building a 700, 770, and 380 and selling off my goblins. I love the design and engineering of the protos along with the flight characteristics! I was so excited about the protos nitro and was100pct ready to pre order a kit when that fell apart. No money in the nitro market was the excuse, but here comes Mikado with their first ever nitro model. Now lack of kits and parts... even OTS not willing to confirm or deny the company's future.This is troubling.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oakley Prizms sunglasses for flying
flipboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayf636 View Post
No money in the nitro market was the excuse, but here comes Mikado with their first ever nitro model. Now lack of kits and parts... even OTS not willing to confirm or deny the company's future.This is troubling.
I couldnít figure out an ROI, so ultimately either I had to donate $160K of my own cash to force it, or leave Italy to figure it out on their own. I decided on the later. And at that I point I had personally invested $65K into the nitro project. Worked my ass off to help design, test and market it (cumulative of nearly 1K flights with many tweaks and revisions.).. No one was more disappointed than me. I loved that heli. And still fly one of the prototypes.

I personally donít see Glogo making any money for Mikado. But to support Kyleís effort I ordered a kit on day 1 (I as told I was the second order). I really hope it helps their bottom line and sells 500-1000 units (whatís really needed to have a dent). Nitro fuel is running away in cost, so timing isnít great. Maybe a trade agreement with China will happen quickly to try and save the ailing markets. And then help nitro pricing get back to normal. But guys - go buy one. And support Kyleís passion to make this happen.

Happy new year folks! Bottom line is we have an amazing hobby, and I plan to enjoy every minute I spend in it.
Old 01-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

OTS thanks so much for the reply, I don't think anyone is faulting you, and I personally want to commend you for your huge efforts with MSH. I will continue crossing my fingers that the powers that be do what it takes to keep the brand alive. I know the market for heli's is small but the protos is an amazing machine and IMHO should have a better share of the market. Im not in marketing or anything like that but I never understood why it seems to be in the shadows of some other players. I've owned or flown all the popular brands and just don't get why the protos max/Evo/x is seemingly overlooked.
ibmi5, K2Freak, rreichar and 3 others like this.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

MSH and Brain have never pushed hard into the competition scene. Also no top tier pilots are associated with the brand. I mean a Kyle, Nick, Ben, Kenny, etc. Without that, you don't get the fanboism like with some of the other brands. I know supporting one of those pilots takes lot's of $$$'s, but perhaps that's the price of being a leader in the market. Unfortunately, it isn't always the best product that wins.
Rpotter90 and ibmi5 like this.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeber View Post
MSH and Brain have never pushed hard into the competition scene. Also no top tier pilots are associated with the brand. I mean a Kyle, Nick, Ben, Kenny, etc. Without that, you don't get the fanboism like with some of the other brands. I know supporting one of those pilots takes lot's of $$$'s, but perhaps that's the price of being a leader in the market. Unfortunately, it isn't always the best product that wins.
Trust me, competition has nearly zero impact on sales, and the overall success of a product. Plenty of examples of top machines in completion that have failed miserably. And plenty of data showing great machines of today not selling well despite a strong competition presence. And yah putting $200K - $500K /yr into a traveling team isn’t an option. Just Italy traveling to ircha with 4 staff from Italy easily topped $30K all said and done.

Msh has had plenty of strong completion level name pilots and marketing.

Brain/ikon is the ( one of the) highest volume fbl on the market. Despite having no interest or focus on competition. The system is one of the best flying. But instead chooses to focus on features that matter to consumers. It’s currently privately owned by the core developer independent of the original MSH srl.

Having a top pilot is just one tiny piece of the entire picture. Just remember that the market is incredibly small. And no manufacturer that is healthy is relying only on RC heli’s For income. Those that are ok have multiple market verticals. If they don’t have multiple verticals outside of helis, they need high margin electronics to turn enough profit to maintain status quo. Let alone attempt to grow.

Alternately some companies have private investors that don’t care about making much off their “pet projects” inside our hobby.
Ah Clem, raulglider, ibmi5 and 7 others like this.

Last edited by OnTheSnap; 01-02-2019 at 12:39 AM..
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please disregard. Somehow my post Intended for one forum ended up in a completely different forum

Last edited by Xrayted; 01-02-2019 at 08:25 PM..
Xrayted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Edit:

It is a really nice Helicopter. One of the nicest. I will fly mine and enjoy it for as long as I can.
ibmi5 and curmudgeon like this.

Last edited by Freeskiken; 01-03-2019 at 09:50 AM..
Freeskiken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered some new parts for spare and hope to enjoy mine this summer. Thank you MSH.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love mine. I'd also love an official statement from MSH. I'm tired of things just petering out like Compass, Avant, or Thunder Tiger (although it's kind of back a bit). At least DT just made an announcement.

I would also love another run of 380 canopy magnets. That seems to be the spare that is going to be most elusive.
ibmi5 and flipboy like this.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=JWeber;7674435]I love mine. I'd also love an official statement from MSH.
Oakley Prizms sunglasses for flying
flipboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 08:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope they continue, I love my Protos 700, I want to do some upgrades but the parts I need have been out of stock for some time...
Blade mCPX BL, nano CP S
tporter416 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heck, I'm just trying ro get some main grips for my old p500 helis. No love since early summer now I believe. Ugh.

Seems I have hundreds of other p500 parts and zero grips left. Talk above a box of worthless stuff and helis.
Thickfog is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

People appear to be jumping ship. Classifieds are full of MSH helis.
2slow2g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 01:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup the mass exodus has begun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in