Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2019, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Want to fly my Blade400

I have just returned to RC helicopters after 10yrs. I have a Blade400 that was stuffed in the attic apparently fully working.

I have puled it out, dusted it off and just want to ensure it is ready to go before I attempt hovers again!

I have added a GY401 and im looking for a current tail servo. Lots of the previous ones recommended are unavailable to purchase now days.
So, what should I be looking for NOW?

The other servos have been upgraded to Zebra FS-F135MG and hope these are good enough.
Batteries charged.. cant wait to go

KEV
Koaloha13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might want to think about putting a modern FBL on it. They now have settings for flybar. It would give you rescue features as well as stability modes.

As far as tail servos go there are tons of options. I wouldn't put a ton of money in a fancy servo if it was me. A KST 215 would be fine or even a Horizon Hobby H3060. I have many of these old birds flying in some form and a ton of spare parts.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2019, 04:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you: I just ordered the Spektrum 3060.
No idea where to start with FBL.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think about getting new batteries if they are 10 years old.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The H3060MG did not overlive a crash :-(
Servo tester works, but somehow not the poti with a connected gyro.

I have not seen any direct damage with the MG gears.

I am not sure how robust this servo actually is.
As fast as it is, it is nowdays been used on the Blade 180CFX.

The plastic chassis, especially the black bottom side is much weaker than the DS76T blue plastic chassis.
A nightmare.

If you tighten the four bottom screws one time after opening it and checking MG gears and closing it again, you will definitely corrupt the weak chassis.

The other (best) joke (ever) is, that this servo does not support 333Hz.

It was compatible with my E-Flite G210 and 270Hz, but not with Tarot ZYX and 333Hz digital setting.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
You might want to think about putting a modern FBL on it. They now have settings for flybar. It would give you rescue features as well as stability modes.
Which one were you thinking of?

BD3sx? Well, more expensive...
Does the newer Axion also support flybars (I have not flown any of them)?

I know that the homepage / manual lists that the Spirit System FBL supports the flybar.

Most other FBLs do officially not.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 01-11-2019, 03:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking of the Spirit FBL and I do believe the Brain/Ikon now supports flybar as well.

As far as the H3060 it was a suggestion for something easily available that will work fine on an old G400. I think he's in the UK or EU. I have cheap Emax servos on several of mine including some that are analog even. I've never seen putting a ton of money into one like I do with my newer helis.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It is interesting to read the posts, I am slowly getting back into it all!
I purchased the Spektrum servo, and hope that Ill be in the air soon. I have just had to do a full tail end rebuild due to a bearing failure.

I am not going to convert the Blade to FBL, I dont really want to invest much more money into it. Im hoping I can learn basic flying as it is, and I have a large amount of spares available!

My future plans involve getting the CopterX up and running, before switching over to my (new to me) Trex 450 Pro FBL.
All of the these will be training and learning models. who knows what the future holds?
Old 08-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

how is it going?

Have you maidened already?

My 4503D is still sitting around...too busy with real life and even now that I got a great midi (760µs) servo which I could connect to the Tarot ZYX I can not seem to find the proper nerves to do the full head rebuild and proper electronic setup.

The tail had to rebuilt too when the heli hit the roof a few years ago in the night (big parking slot, not house area), but first I have to put it again together

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...27#post7830339

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in