Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Rotor Blades

Rotor Blades R/C Helicopter Rotor Blade Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2018, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lynx blades? Plastic?

I just saw the Lynx blades are plastic. Are these actually good? Would they be good for 3D? How strong are they compared to carbon fiber?

Oxy 4 stretched on 360mm blades. Torque servos on cyclic, BK on tail. HW ESC, Xnova motor.
Blades345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2019, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't flown my plastic blades yet, but would love to hear from others who have.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

maybe this will help
Oxy "Sport" Smack (3 min 22 sec)

From my understanding carbon fiber blades are much more responsive due to their stiffness. Many people do use the plastic blades though. I have been using the carbon plastic blades on my oxy 2 as they are cheap to replace, they fly great for me but then again I am still very much a beginner. I think at the shorter length the plastic is not so much of a problem as opposed to longer blades where flex will become much more prevalent.
blarks is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2019, 03:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades345 View Post
I just saw the Lynx blades are plastic. Are these actually good? Would they be good for 3D? How strong are they compared to carbon fiber?

People who are still crashing fly the plastic blades. The plastic blades are somewhat more forgiving on the airframe in a crash. And a lot cheaper to replace. And they perform quite well for a beginner or intermediate pilot.

CF will always be a better option for performance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in