Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question New to Flying. Was given a Blade SR. I need your advice!

Hello, someone on Reddit recommended this forum and I just realized I've made an account a long time ago.

I've flown a Walkera CB100 but I can't remember any of that since it's been quite a while. I remember I've flown an mSR and have flown a ProtoMax.

A friend of mine recently moved and had a couple of old RC Helis he wanted to get rid of and gave them to me. In that bunch there's a Blade SR and I remember seeing him fly it and it looked pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure the rotor blades would need to be replaced. It needs a battery and the little wing on top of the boom is broken off. Other than that it looks pretty nice.

So I asked on Reddit if it was worth it for me to get it back to flight status and learn on it. The consensus was to learn in a sim first then get a new heli since spare parts for the Blade SR will probably be difficult to find.

It doesn't sound like a bad idea but I'm wondering; could I get like a Blade 230 S v2 BnF and use the Blade SR Tx and RX?

Is it better for me to get a recent heli? I read they have SAFE and it sounds like a good idea when learning to fly. the SR has a Flybar and from my understanding a FBL is better.

All in all what I'd like to do is still get the Blade SR to flight status and potentially learn on a sim then get a Blade 230 S v2, learn to fly on it then fly the Blade SR as well.

What do you think I should do? My end goal with RC Helis is not really 3D but just flying in general. Ultimately I'd like to get a scale fuselage on the SR and potentially convert it to FBL...

I hope what I said makes sense... Thanks for your help
Cassius58 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2019, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius58 View Post
Hello,

I hope what I said makes sense... Thanks for your help

As you have already noted, Finding parts for the SR will not be easy. If not impossible. Also, the Transmitter will only work with the SR receiver. And will not work with any other heli.

Getting a sim isn't a must. But it is a very valuable tool for learning helis. They are challenging to learn. If you want something cheep just to try out, take a look at the new Blade 70s. This will get you flying a Blade Heli for less than $100.

I know, not encouraging news. Hope it works out for you.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. This not bad news, you're pretty much confirming what I suspected. This is what I think I'll do; I'll get a 230 S v2, I'll learn to fly on that and on the sim then as I gain experience and confidence I'll bring the helis I was given back to life and fly those. I'm mostly interested in backyard or park flying in scale fashion and not really in 3D and inverted stuff. I am ultimately looking to have a scale fuselage.

If parts availability and cost for the BSR wouldn't have been an issue I would have started on it right away.

As for a nano helicopter, I was also given a Blade mSR. It's lacking a Tx, a battery and a charger but given that the mSR is not discontinued I could easily get a hold of these. Right now I'm more interested in backyard flight over indoors flight though.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a Blade SR once. maybe a week, flew it some and sold it. I hated it but guess that is cause i had already gotten into bigger helicopters.

the Blade 230s would be a good one to start with if you don't want to spend the money on a Sim.
just take it slow it is a fully 3D capable machine I used to have one and traded it to my dad to get him back into helicopters after some years,

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you! that's very kind! I'm definitely getting a 230s now
Old 01-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello, I learned on an SR years ago. I was lucky to have a great mentor on this sight who helped me figure it out. I agree with the sim for sure. It comes down to muscle memory on those sticks to prevent crashes. More sim time equals less repair time. I have the 230SV2 and think it's the perfect learning heli. You can't go wrong with it. Take your time and enjoy! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in