Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nytro97

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2018, 09:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Picture Thread

Well since no one has started one yet....Here is mine. Got it last week and had a day or two of 40 degree days. I did the maiden and it had a rear left drift.
So...I did the servo adjustment mode and they were perfect...Checked the swash level and I did adjust (shorten) one of the links to get the swash level. Then I did a calibration procedure and a trim flight.
Then did a flight, Perfect !! fly's smooth, like hands off level. Did not encounter the noise others have talked about. A little louder than the 230s but it seemed it was just because of the larger motor. It defiantly has a lot more snot than the 230s. I can't wait to try it in a larger area.

Now the problem I had. The tail motor quit while hovering around in the back yard. Landed it without damage. (lucky) Called Horizon and the sent me a new tail motor. Installed it today and put my other tidbits on. Everything all seems to work . Will fly tomorrow if there is no wind.

So here she is..Lynx canopy posts ,carbon fiber boom and tail braces.Microheli tail fin and carbon tail blade and plastic main blades (to save the carbon's). Some of this stuff I had left over from my 230s I sold.
The canopy is a fiberglass XCanopy (Sodiac)

heinz9 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beautiful ! I love my 250! , sold my 230 as well and never looked backed, i will get pics up as well of mine..
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2018, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ooooh Carbon Fiber 8:-D

My used, but new to me, 250 CFX. From New York so cool!

It looks low time. The box looks brand new. Perhaps i will ask previous owner how many flights it has... i suspect 10-15. I found it on RCGroups.
It came with two orange Microheli plastic blades & an extra Main Gear. I will buy some spare tail rotors soon.

The motor seems to have some play. It is mounted firmly. I will keep an eye on it. The tail rotor has a 'dip' in it likely due to a fault or blade strike. It should work for a systems check.

Carbon Fiber blades look good but i'll save those for later.

The only other rc Heli i have is a Blade 130S (which i love). I have a lot of foamy planes. And an Easy Sport balsa arf airplane project awaiting a Saito thumper mill...

This 250 is a big step up for me. I will be careful with it, am inspecting it now.

Here are the helis i'd buy if i won the lotto:
spare 130S
Blade SR
Night 230S
Fusion 270
Oxy2
SAB Mini Comet
two 330X's (if not previous iterations)
360 CFX 3S
Oxy3
A full-size H19
And a round-top hangar to store it all lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9999.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	744297   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	744298  

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-26-2018 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: pic inserted into post
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Congrats on your new birdie....Looks good. I bought mine late fall and only have had a couple of flights. I am still waiting for the weather to break. We are having a late cold spring. The last of the snow melted today from the weekend snow and ice storm.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks & Main Motor Play

Thanks! It has been windy here in Texas. I hope to find a calm time tomorrow to maiden. I tested Stability Mode and Idle-Up1 while holding it in my hand. It is running well so far.

The main motor is a tad wobbly--seemingly by [cheep] design. It is mounted firmly, i triple checked.
The heli spins smoothly on-power while not fighting my hand with its gyro system. When fighting to bank (gyro) it is not so smooth.
Hmm... i think this is due to the plastic Microheli blades.

-If you wiggle your motor from the bottom does it wobble a tad? That is the only thing i do not like about mine
I may pull the motor for inspection.

Current pic now (sorry it was dark). All stock but orange Microheli main blades (for training). They are slightly longer yet thinner with a shorter chord
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	744299  

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-26-2018 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: readability, pic inserted into post. done for real lol
Old 04-18-2018, 05:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I do not have any slop at all. Sounds like your motor shaft / bearing is worn.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dangit, ok thanks. I'll pull it out for inspection.

Am considering the Lynx 2214 V2 3-4S motor for replacement. $50

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-18-2018 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: motor option
Old 02-01-2019, 04:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Upgrades

So what have you done with your 250 of late??? Just an update from the southern hemisphere to encourage you guys and gals in lockdown with snow storms.....the sweltering temps down under have led me to take the heli swimming again and to date have remained above water!
Fitted up a set of Lynx KST DS215 MG V3 servos to take the backlash out of servo arms to improve the feedback that I had been getting during my filming sorties. Putting a video camera on board soon tells if the track and balance is up to snuff.....looks good from the outside, but viewed from the inside, the image detects those imperfections.When flying with camera I mount it on the battery tray and strap battery beneath, when flying the Tri Rotor I fit up a Dragon Fly 200 canopy to stream line the frontal area! Had to improve the dampers in the tri head also, so tried Lynx's Ultra dampers to stiffen up the head. Vast improvement from the stock BLH 4505 as I was wearing these out rapidly given the extra blade! Talking about which I had the misfortune to clip a concrete power pole due to parallax error, and the blade root detached from the blade outboard of the grip. Being a plastic Micro Heli blade cut down from 250 to 240, it gave testimony to its strength and bent the grip and feathering pin some what! The attached photo shows the upgrades from the original 250 and both still fly ok yet have to share the AR 636A receiver between them both till we figure out a way to get a micro beast AR7210 BX to run in lieu. Any ideas always welcome.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1110.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	774029   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1107.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	774031  
Heli Lifter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in