Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 330X

Blade 330X Blade 330X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018, 12:31 AM   #301 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago...

And I was shocked that the manual said 65 TC in IU2

Attempting to set the Gyro Gain this weekend was futile...started at 85 and went down a few points at a time...no luck

I then reduced TC thinking that might be it...and the tail hit the ground
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #302 (permalink)
Registered Users

What settings are best for a beginner using a DXe?
Blackhawk Crew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2018, 01:57 PM   #303 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk Crew View Post
What settings are best for a beginner using a DXe?
I set mine up exactly per manual and it flys very doctile, very stable bird and very easy to fly, just floats ..
Old 07-26-2018, 11:22 PM   #304 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a way to add SAFE programming to this? If not, what would be at least a practical or affordable way to add a bailout feature?
grant22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2018, 03:29 AM   #305 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure if stock fbl can be updated with safe (don't think so)
So cheapest other option is buy a micro brain v2 (has all same functionality as full size brain and is fine on a 450x/330x)
servo connectors for micro brain need to be micro jst though so you might want to buy servo adapter's too if you don't want to crimp/solder)
sleeperaus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #306 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,

I've read most of this thread and wanted to share my experiences with the 330x as a beginner. A little background first. I'm a long time software engineer and not afraid of programming anything. I've been a modeler since I was a young boy in the 60s. First real heli. I bought the 330x RTF with the DXe thinking I could add a DX8 as I got more experience. Here's what I say about the 330x especially for beginners:

1. Don't think you will be able to configure much about this heli. ESC is NOT programmable cuts off at 50% battery.
  2. FBL is not programmable...but you can do some things with it if you have the $28 usb cable (BS, but I digress).
  3. If I understand correctly, they REMOVED the Sat RX plug from the open market AR636 and locked it down to deliberately limit it's functionality.
  4. You are allowed to load the following profiles onto the Blade 330x version of the AR636:
  • Version 2.27 of the firmware - locks it into fixed wing mode and appears to be workable if you want to move it into an airplane. You CANNOT select Heli as aircraft type and reprogram...fuggetaboutit.
  • A profile for the 250cfx
  • A profile for the 230s
  • A profile for the 200s
None of the heli profiles are programmable in the RX. All done in the Xmitter. You can download a profile for the DXe that is called 330x, but you can't actually get it to load. I had to manually reprogram the Xmtr using the cable. I'm not sure how, but somehow I messed up the DXe setup and had to redo it... PITA.

Now notice that none of the allowable profiles for the AR636 say Blade 330x, so I assume that the best one to use would be 250cfx. I did validate that all 3 have trailing edge pitch control and the same swash orientation so, they should work.

As to the flying...

I have RF 8 and can fly pretty well. I've had 3 minor crashes because I got a little overconfident in windy weather. My fault. This thing flies OK, but I have no other experience to compare it with. Good news is that parts are pretty cheap and plentiful because of the 450x heritage.

Here's the part that turned me off for good:
Last crash, I broke the anti rotation guide and the elevator horn. No big deal you think and then you try to figure out how to change that friggin part. The whole heli must be disassembled to get at either part!!!! And the frame is held together with tiny deeply recessed phillips head screws. Ridiculous.

So what did I do: get out the credit card.
Microheli CF frame
IKON 2 FBL
MH swash because the stock one got broken. I still have the plastic parts on (grips and tail case) and will replace them with MH parts if I ever tear them up.

Don't think that you will ever be able to come close to using this beyond a packaged unit. None of the parts are worth keeping and moving to a different heli. Might as well be a Chinese toy chopper.

I thought "oh Spektrum RX, Servos, FBL, 45 amp ESC...something that can be built on" Wrong answer Charlie.

So, in summary I wish I had bought a TRex 450L and a TX and been done with it. But, I will keep this as a test bed and keep fooling around with it as the MH stuff is really nice and the IKON is unreal. Still tuning and weather is bad, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Maiden flight was very promising....

If there is any interest I will post pics and progress.
jasond1979 likes this.
bhuang61 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 10:02 AM   #307 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yeah, one more thing...

The manual is WRONG in the preflight check section it says the swash should move UP for positive pitch and DOWN for negative. WRONG answer! That cost me a half day of research as I learned the differences between trailing edge and leading edge control.

The point is I messed up the original preflight check and would have had to call support if I had been paying closer attention because the manual is wrong. BTW 450x manual is correct.
bhuang61 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in