Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2016, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK K6 Radio and Simulators

I decided to try the TX that came with the K110 on my sims. The jack on the back is the same plug as my DX6. I can verify it works fine with RF7.5 and Phoenix 5.5
One nice thing is both sims recognize two of the switches instead of just one if I use my DX6. I can set the left back switch for idle up and the left front for gyro mode. Just pick the Futaba profile/edit controls/and save under a new name.
For a stock RTF this radio it is quite nice. I added some foam rubber pads on the back that keep it held firm when it's hot out and my hands sweat. If you don't want to use up your batts you can also plug in the power jack on the side. I have a million AC/DC adapters so finding one was easy. BTW any 9-12VDC one will work as long as the inside of the plug is positive and the outside negative.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2016, 09:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default And the X6 is actually 8 channels

The XK X6 can be upgraded to 8-channels if you add two more (2-pole) switches. There are two extra sockets on the motherboard ready to accept connectors. You can get the connectors pre-wired off ebay here. Although identified as "Micro JST" - these are actually Molex PicoBlade-2-pin connectors - i.e. the same ones used for the battery connectors on the nCPX/nCPS/mCX/mCX2/mSR/mSRX/GW9958 micros.

I did this mod on one of my X6's and it works just fine with both RF 7.5 and Phoenix 5. Note however, that these extra channels are simple binary ON/OFF switches and are not proportional - same as the gain/3D/6G Channel 5. Also, when the PCM trainer port output is inspected with a scope, the endpoints on these extra channels are full rail-to-rail +/- 150% - but the calibration process in the sims handles them OK.

These extra channels are handy for non-essential extras such as landing gear and smoke.
ridge-runner is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2016, 09:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
The XK X6 can be upgraded to 8-channels if you add two more (2-pole) switches. There are two extra sockets on the motherboard ready to accept connectors.
These extra channels are handy for non-essential extras such as landing gear and smoke.
Thanks for sharing the info. I hadn't cracked mine open yet but did notice the rubber plugs in the two other holes. It's funny how much you can get out of this inexpensive radio. It makes me wonder how much profit there is in my DX6 G2 that cost me $199.

I've worked electronics and computers for 30+ years. I will do that at my workbench Monday. I have plenty of parts there too.

Just having a good sim radio is worth the $100 and it comes with a free 3D heli
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK X6 radio no signal out

I have bougth the XK K110 RTF heli with the X6 transmitter.
The tx controls the heli , it flies well, but I can not use the transmitter with any simulator,
the trainer port does not give any PPM output, any signal!
I have measured the output by oscilloscope across the cable, the saili dongle works well, windows and simulator recognise it.
Please help if you can
Gyorgy
arado206 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I probably have a cheaper/knock-off version of that cable (brokedad has the same), but mine works in when set on AeroFly mode. (it has a switch on the side) This is with the Heli-X demo on Windows 7 and Linux Mint 18.2.

You probably did this, but my main stumbling block was just not paying attention where you have to do the calibration/mapping procedure properly.

I also plug it in as follows:

USB to computer > 3.5mm to TX > turn on TX > Open Heli-X.

Sometimes it gets confused if I don't do that.

ymmv.
HateTheDrake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 03:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK X6 radio no signal out

My dongle SAILI Simulator --- XTR5.5+G2+FMS Controller has no switch,
and i have measured also inside the transmitter box , there is no PPm signal on the inside wires too. I think the output is in switched off state, I could not find anything on the forums how to switch it on. The X6 is said Futaba compatible, and on them you can switch on/ off , but on X6 transmitter I did not find any information.
arado206 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Xk tx works fine with phoenix.
Thickfog is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2018, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Adding new model

Any instructions on adding a new model (2nd Model) to XK K6? I am flying xk 110 and is consider buying BNF XK 123.
torch8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had my TX working with Heli-x, NeXt and AccuRC. For some reason now it's not working properly across all of the sims.

I keep trying to recalibrate and set the TX up but its just asking funky.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?
photocycler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2019, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried to bind my X6 TX with heli-X 8 on windows 10 with the cheap dongle. Heli-X 8 recognized the TX but the calibration process is acting weird. Could you help me to make it works. Thanks.
Harrisson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in