Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2019, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450x head?

I've been chasing a vibe for a while. This is on my 4503d I converted to x with a head/swash/mainshaft I bought on HF. And a AR7200bx I had on a 300x(that I never could get right. I have changed everything on the head except the head itself. I changed everything in the blade grips but before I took them apart, I noticed one grip is looser than the other. There is a noticeable amount of play that is not in the other side. I pulled the grips apart and then looked at a head diagram and both sides are missing the step washer. Can I just use shims or do I have to order the step washer(and wait a week)?
The heli flys(well hovers) quite well in the shop but has always had a vibe. If I spool it up on the floor it will rattle the skids(using trex 500 skid) but once in the air is fairly stable
Build in progress Tarot 450 Pro V2
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2019, 04:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi franknsled. I would wait for the step washers because they are the ones that go against the bearing (step side). Its not the best idea to use shims in that position as it will tighten against both the inner and outer race of the bearing. If you have them put in new dampeners. And you may even need a shim or 2 as long as you match each side.
Maturecruiser is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 09:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade balance?

Have you checked the basic stuff like the balancing of the blades? My 450x had a nasty shimmy on spool up after I thought I did a good job of balancing. After a while I rebalanced then, really took my time with it, and the shimmy was greatly reduced. Give it a try, nothing to lose. Good luck.
Wobbly Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'm taking your advice. Waiting for washers and rebalancing mains. Can't test my work because the tail blew up... Twice!
First one was still on the ground. Replaced everything . Second time had hovered in normal and was smooth and stable. Landed switched to idle up(85%) lifted off and maybe 5 seconds later tail made a 90 degree turn cw and the tail exploded. Nothing left but the tail case forward of the screws(which weren't tight.. checked that first). Even broke the belt.
Think the problem was in one tail case/thrust washer. It's gone. Nothing left but the hub on one side. The other side is complete but will change everything when the parts arrive.
Build in progress Tarot 450 Pro V2
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in