Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2019, 07:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool Blade 400 3D

Hi Everyone

New to RC Helicopters and I am having some problems
I bough a second hand Blade 400 3D in great condition but the gyro was damaged
replaced it with a standard Elite gyro

Just spooled it up to test it and seems to have other issues
The manual states that when the aileron stick is moved to the left the swashplate should tilt left mine tilts right and vice versa
Similarly with the elevator stick moved upwards the swash should tilt forward mine tilts backwards and vice versa
Rudder moves correctly
Not sure about the throttle movement but it went faster as I raised the throttle stick and did get light on the skids

Using a DX6I controller
Reverse settings are throttle, elevator, gyro, and pitch set at normal and aileron and rudder reversed
Travel adjustments throttle, aileron, elevator, gyro and pitch set at 100%
rudder set at 75%
Sub trims all 0
Gyro 0: 66.5% & 1: 64%
Throttle Curve Norm - 0,42.5,60,80,100
Stunt - 100,92.5, 85, 92.5,100
Hold - 0,0,0,0,0
Pitch Curve Norm - 35,42.5, 50, 75,100
Stunt - 0, 25, 50, 75, 100
Hold - 35, 42.5, 50, 75, 100
Swash Mix _ Aile -75, Elev -75, Pitch +85

I looked on You Tube for Blade 400 3D problems and a video on there seems to have the same issues as mine but unfortunately I don't see the corrections

Hope someone can help
BigJD100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2019, 06:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJD100 View Post
replaced it with a standard Elite gyro
The G210 E-Flite gyro usually creates more trouble and wastes your maiden time.

If I were you, I would not try to get this heli flying with it.

If your belt has the right strength, maybe it works.
My tail went from left to right as it liked it (no matter what the gain was; yes, even left movements!!)
I also had to use RUDD subtrim to get the horn to the 90 degree position.

Eventually the tail / gyro worked after x flights...but I remember that it was a hard fight all the time in 2015.
Secondly, I also setup the tail in normal / rate mode with good tail prepitch so the heli can hold its tail in the air without being required to have the assistence of the HeadingHold gyro (so only the HH gyro does its job all by itself alone).

When I repair the 4503D (not 400) again I will take the E-Flite G210 down and replace it by "Tarot ZYX" (only connect the gyro + rudd servo channels).

The Tarot PC software is much better to appropriately adjust the min/max pitch slider servo travels and to adjust for perfect 90 degree servo arm (which the G210 simply cannot do as it advises that you shall not use subtrim).

I have the feeling that the tail will hold much better with the Tarot ZYX or a different flybar gyro (e.g Quark) or newer FBL systems like MSH brain V2 / Spirit system FBL (both support a flybar setting).

I definitely have no plans to go into all the G210 maiden tuning trouble once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJD100 View Post
The manual states that when the aileron stick is moved to the left the swashplate should tilt left mine tilts right and vice versa
Similarly with the elevator stick moved upwards the swash should tilt forward mine tilts backwards and vice versa
I checked my 4503D manual settings and you have done it correctly for the CCPM mixing (AIL -, ELEV -, PIT +) and AILE servo R and RUDD servo channel R.

Are you sure you have not switched ELEV<->AIL servo ports on the receiver?
But usually this would result in a wrong swashplate movements...

..(...)..

Only advise I can give (as the English manual does not seem to work for you):

Try around with the normal vs reversed settings swapped for the ELEV + AIL servo channels.

If this does not help, turn around the +- for ELEV and AIL in the 120 CCPM mixer.

Collective pitch:
On the 4503D (not 400) the swashplate moves down for positive pitch, and up for negative pitch (when you have the hold switch activated for throttle cut).
Probably it is the same on your 4003D.

------------------

I am sorry but I do not use the Dx6i but DeviationTX firmware on the Walkera Devo10 (cheaper replacement for the old silver Spektrum DX8G1) so the settings might be a bit different.
The Dx6i firmware also is (very)different from the 1st edition airware (Dx8G1, Dx7s) and 2st edition airware (DX18, DX9, DX6G3, DX8G2).

--------------------------

I also have to warn you to check for manual bindings.
My head was really bad, especially with the default manual CCPM 120 settings.

As the flybar cage was not perfectly level and I usually have a off blade tracking (for whatever reason), ALL the pushrods are fully adjustable so I replaced them.

Otherwise I could never have got it right...

You will be able to see mechanical bindings directly in the middle section (main shaft) or directly at the blade holders.

If you do, lower your CCPM mixings (for 6 degree cyclic pitch and about max 11 degree collective pitch) and setup servo travel adjustments on the max/min collective pitch positions.

Sorry that I cannot give you concrete transmitter numbers.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)

Last edited by Thomas.Heiss; 04-07-2019 at 04:22 AM..
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can find the manual here if you hadn't already:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFL...nual_loRes.pdf

As mentioned the stock gyro isn't a very good one. I have flown one of my B400's on a Spirit FBL and it was quite nice. It even let's you have stability and Rescue functions.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in