Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2019, 06:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

If that's the case, has anyone demanded to be reimbursed from Mikado? Why should we have to spend more money when there shouldn't be an issue in the first place? It's like buying a new car only to find out the wheel hubs are bad but you have to go buy your own and replace them.
XL V2, Soxos 7.1L - Previous: Kraken 580, Nimbus, Protos 380, Kraken 700, Diabolo 700, Oxy 5/2, Logo 600 / 550SX, Protos 700, Synergy 516, Velos 880, Gaui X7 / X5, Goblin 380, Blade 120SR/180SR/ mcpx BL/300X/450XL, Align 700X/150/Leap 3D
gtruk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 06:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

all they would have to say is theres nothing wrong with them. I agree they should do something, but that's a tough one to force them imo.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:01 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, happy to resurrect a thread! :-) I had one other issue with my 600. One of the swashplate driver arms kept binding when I tried tightening it. One side I could get nice and snug and it would move perfectly but any tension on the other side caused the arm to bind. Take a look at the pic. I pulled both spacers out and you can see the difference. One was slightly thicker than the other one causing the binding. I ended up having to order new spacers from Synergy no less to get things sorted properly. :-( And NOW I may have to change a brand new set of thrust bearings in the tail too. I say BS! It I do that and it works, Mikado is gona hear about it at Spring Fling!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spacers.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	787283  
XL V2, Soxos 7.1L - Previous: Kraken 580, Nimbus, Protos 380, Kraken 700, Diabolo 700, Oxy 5/2, Logo 600 / 550SX, Protos 700, Synergy 516, Velos 880, Gaui X7 / X5, Goblin 380, Blade 120SR/180SR/ mcpx BL/300X/450XL, Align 700X/150/Leap 3D
Old 04-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

This is the first issue I’ve had with mikado and I’ve had about 10 of their helis over time. I know it’s not perfect, but logos are still my favorite Heli to fly.
Hicksy likes this.
WonderedUnder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2019, 10:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess I have been lucky with my 4 Logos, 2 x 550SX V2, 2018 Logo 600 and a Logo 700 (sold) and several friends with Logos, we have had zero tail issues. I have close to 390 flights on my main Logo 550SX V2 and it is still running the stock bearings and thrusts in the main and tail grips. I grease them around 125 flights or so with Boto lube and they still look like new and run smooth. I crashed it hard around flight 35 and had to replace the frames, Landing gear, boom, some links and all blades. Since then it has not even had a link end changed. They are so low maintenance that it becomes worry-some. I only have 12 flights on my new 2018 metal head Logo 600 but it is running smooth and working perfectly so far. I am sure these issues some of you are having become very frustrating, Hope there is a proper fix From Mikado to cure it for good.

Last edited by Dennis P; 04-13-2019 at 10:56 PM..
Dennis P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have tail wag on all my Logo's. Not real bad and some better than others. Frustrated for sure but I think another set of eyes might yield better set up/tuning than what I have.

If that fails....maybe another brand tail.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2019, 08:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm lucky too.

6 logos no wag. I did buy a used 480xx that was like a happy dog. I removed the the spedix tail box and parts, bought new logo stock parts. The tail shaft and hub were bent and one tail box bearing was bad. Not sure how he expected the tail to work properly.

It also had the stock combo savox tail servo and still had slight wag. So in went an mks servo and all done.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019, 06:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Updating the theory that mikado uses different tail rotor hubs i want to say that there are really 2 types.
But the difference i"ve noticed is in depth of hole drilled for hub bolts.
Some of them have almost exact depth of bolt thread(a half milimeter deeper) and some of them are drilled couple of mm deeper.
I don't know if that difference affects on tail wag and some other measurements are different or it machined different.
I never had tail wag on logo but i own 690 and friend of mine 600.
But tail assembly is the same for 550 600 690
racer-g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019, 07:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is two different tail hubs. On the 550 V3 the hub uses larger radial bearings and is stepped. The original hub is not stepped.

I have had thrust bearings lock up so the grips do not self centre when spooling up.

I have had hubs that was slightly over sized and the bearings didn't go on effortlessly requiring a polish with 1000 grit paper to take them down in size.

Tail wag:

Check the diameter of the tail output shaft. It is 5mm but the slider has 5mm bearings so doesn't always run back and forth smoothly. Polish output shaft down to 4.90mm using 1000 grit paper to not leave any marks on the shaft and see how that works.
Andy from Sandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 06:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's definitely something screwey going on. I was digging through my parts and found an older set of blade grips for my 550 and figured I'd try those. They had the original bearings and thrust bearings in them as well. I threw them on, took the heli outside, and 95% of the wag was gone! This is on the same hub that I had a ton of wag with earlier. Not a single change other than the older grips and bearings. It did seem like there was more lateral movement with the old grips than the new grips as in once they were on the heli and screw tightened they moved in and out a bit more than the new grips.

I don't know if that helps anyone or not, but seems to have addressed mine. When I get home tonight I'll get my digital calipers out and take some measurements of the old vs new grips and see if there's any differences and report back tomorrow. :-)
Old 04-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 700 (new 2017 model) was wagging like a happy dog for the first flights. i took the whole tail assembly apart and rebuilt it exactly the same. Guess what? wagging was gone. I never found out what caused the wagging
mr. mark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2019, 08:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a annoying tail wag on a brand new logo 600sx and I tried everything to get rid of it.... I must have disassembled it like 5 times, sanded the balls and nothing fixed it. Called Mikado USA and they told me that some batches of thrust bearings were bad but they were not authorized to send me replacements??? Then they were transferring me to another Tech and it went to voicemail. Got sick of waiting and just hung up. What fixed it for me was new hd500cell blade grips with bearings and thrust bearings and a compass tail slider. Tail wag fixed.... Was solid as a rock and holds like a vice. Sad that I had to use another models spares to get a proper working tail but that's what I had to do.
Freeskiken likes this.

Last edited by Rush fan; 04-30-2019 at 01:54 PM..
Rush fan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush fan View Post
I had a annoying tail wag on a brand new logo 600sx and I tried everything to get rid of it.... I must have disassembled it like 5 times, sanded the balls and nothing fixed it. Called Mikado USA and they told me that some batches of thrust bearings were bad but they were not authorized to send me replacements??? Than they were transferring me to another Tech and it went to voicemail. Got sick of waiting and just hung up. What fixed it for me was new hd500cell blade grips with bearings and thrust bearings and a compass tail slider. Tail wag fixed.... Was solid as a rock and holds like a vice. Sad that I had to use another models spares to get a proper working tail but that's what I had to do.
I agree.. how about posting part numbers, I might try it.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is hard to find parts here in the U.S. anymore but you can order the blade grips and thrust bearings from here https://www.hd-helicopters.de/catego....htm.......The compass 6hvu pitch slider is also hard to come by because they are not around anymore. It was not a perfect fit because the slider and tail shaft on the 6hvu was larger but what I did was take off the brass slider from the original logo slider and it fit right in to the 6hvu slider to perfection...just epoxied it in and voila perfect match. I had all these parts laying around from previous models I owned but I am sure you could probably fit some goblin 500 blade grips with corresponding thrust bearings and bearings and find a pitch slider that will fit the logo shaft and rig your own tail. A little experimentation worked for me...I even get compliments on my tail...they say it looks better than the small plastic logo tail blade grips. One thing though was that I could not torque down on the blade grip screw to the hub because the grips would get tight.....the hub is a tiny bit short to be able to torque down on it, so I cleaned the bolt up with alcohol and applied red loctite and screwed it in till it stopped with a little torque and it has worked perfectly.....has not come loose at all after 15 flights. I do check them every 3 flights just to make sure but the red loctite is doing it's job. Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190430_111816.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	790219   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190430_111822.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	790221   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190430_111828.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	790223   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190430_111833.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	790225  

Last edited by Rush fan; 04-30-2019 at 01:23 PM..
Rush fan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2019, 09:38 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had tail wag problems on two Logos. Took a long time to find what I thought was the issue. Ended up changing the tails to Quick UK tail. It made it better but still sometimes it had a slow wag. If I build one again I would try different bearings right away. Would like to see Mikado come out with a aluminum tail.

Quick UK Retail - shop-products
Rush fan likes this.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe if Mikado would redesign the tail so they would use 5mm thrust bearings on the tail hub instead of 4mm. Maybe that would help. Larger bearings. Aluminum tail blade grips and steel control balls.
Rush fan likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:15 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
Maybe if Mikado would redesign the tail so they would use 5mm thrust bearings on the tail hub instead of 4mm. Maybe that would help. Larger bearings. Aluminum tail blade grips and steel control balls.
they would sell like hotcakes.
Freeskiken likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:42 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
I had tail wag problems on two Logos. Took a long time to find what I thought was the issue. Ended up changing the tails to Quick UK tail. It made it better but still sometimes it had a slow wag. If I build one again I would try different bearings right away. Would like to see Mikado come out with a aluminum tail.

Quick UK Retail - shop-products
So this is plug and play for my 550sx?
Sad part is my 550sx tail is smooth yet I have a wag. 700 also. 690sx does but very small.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2019, 08:09 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, if anyone is looking for the MSH thrust bearings, you can get them from Only Fine Helis. Shannon has all of the MSH stock from MSHUSA. The part number is: MSH51332. He’s got a bunch.
tonys-heli likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

The MSH thrust bearings are sold out now, I got the last set, sadly.
Bob
robertmrankin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in