Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was originally going to buy a second S2 and use the CPS canopy just to tell between the two.

But it so happens I crashed my S2 so much that the frame creates enough vibrations to throw off the FBL.

So I ordered a new S2 frame but since I was ordering and these parts are so cheap I ordered two frames.

So today I received the shaft I needed to finish fixing the CPS. I will fix it and test it out and let it rest on the bench. I will then use the second S2 frame and convert the CPS to S2. Yes I will have to save up to buy that expensive FBL S2 unit but the S2 works so well I have no problem having two.

Plus I bought three eFlite packs when I bought the S2 and I had three old (which will probably need replacing in the near future) Venoms. And I also received the six channel new Spektrum 1S charger. So now I am perfect, as I will have three packs each that I can charge on a single pass.

If only I could do the same thing with the big ones and afford the parts and charging setups as easily...
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Looks like I might just absorb parts from the CPS to repair the S2 when needed, and then it'll be the S2 from hereon out.
Exactly what I’m doing. Granted, I didn’t do any brushless mods, but I like the S2 so much more.
xoexoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019, 01:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see also you have a 150X on your fleet. I also have one and I dumped it tail first into the ground trying backwards inverted circuits. Now it needs a tail wire and a tail fin seems like that's all.

But I was wondering after the excellent S2 I found the 150X too jumpy. I mean I really like the power and agility but I feel like it porpoised a bit when I was trying and thus why I crashed. In contrast I drank a dose of courage and tried them successfully on my Goblin 500. Yes much higher and yes a much bigger and more stable heli but the S2 taught me a micro can feel good. Have you tweaked your gains on the 150X to be more stable? If so can you share? You can PM me the info as this is the wrong forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
Exactly what I’m doing. Granted, I didn’t do any brushless mods, but I like the S2 so much more.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 04-15-2019, 05:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Just, Wow! I tried flying my brushless CPS, today, after having flown my S2 for a week, and I couldn't do it. The CPS felt so unstable compared to the S2, the CPS was all over the place!

After a few crashes that finally cooked my tail motor, I went back to the S2. Ahhh, so stable and easy to control even in the breeze. Looks like I might just absorb parts from the CPS to repair the S2 when needed, and then it'll be the S2 from hereon out.

Gday guys. im flying a cps as my first heli and find it hard indoors with all the obstacles so she's had a few big crashes and one being in the kitchen sink full of water so outdoors on a rainy day no problems Yesterday i broke the last usable ball link on the swashplate so I have ordered a alloy upgrade.
devos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

To be completely honest, the 150X is my default helicopter, lol. And, I really miss my morning together time with my 150X. I'm just using these nanos to practice new moves until I am comfortable doing them on my 150X.

My 150X is a great helicopter, and it handles crashing pretty well. But I was crashing much to frequently and I decided I'd be a bit more comfortable with something that usually bounces off the lawn.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2019, 10:13 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

I was installing the new shaft on the CPS (hopefully soon to be S2 as well) and the tiny little swash broke. The ends are so flimsy and they bend easily when trying to install the linkages on the swash balls. I am thinking about replacing the swash with an aluminum one just for that detail. The stock is out of stock. But I have exhausted my hobby money even for next pay period so it will be a while until I can fix it.
Podcast host Skids Up
Old 04-16-2019, 04:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

my stock swashplate (cps) kept popping out and it made me nuts...I replaced it with a metal swashplate from Microheli and the nano turned into another heli... it flies so much better!

In my opinion, the only mandatory adjustment to be made on the nano = metal swashplate (and perhaps brushless upgrade aswell).

Psycho dad's Youtube Channel
Psycho dad's Instagram
Psycho_dad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Performed major surgery on my S2 as it needed a frame change. Canopy bottom posts and a front FBL post were broken. That last one cause vibrations that affected flight. It was super easy. Blade did a fine job even making everything easy to fix. Amazed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fiddle likes this.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today was an all Nano day due to the unrelenting rain. One thing I did discover is that I can use the same lipos from my V911 on it as long as I have the tiny JST-PH to JST-PH 2.0 adapter attached I made. It's a much easier and better connector. I made it initially so I could fly with 300mAh HV ones.

BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2019, 10:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I did inverted tail-in hovers. They were fairly controlled and I could hold it for a full battery. A first for me. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG] Even did a little moving around while in that orientation.

Before this it was only nose-in inverted. With the occasional tail-in fail.

Something is beginning to click in my head while inverted. Wish I could do this 5 hours a day.
fiddle likes this.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:54 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Inverted hovers.

Here is my most recent flight on my S2. I was practicing inverted hovers. Tail-in inverted is becoming easier for me.

Went to my local elementary school. Walking distance! There's a big park nearby, so almost no one comes to the school field/playground here. Love this place.

Nano S2 inverted hover practice -- 2019-04-21 (4 min 36 sec)
navigator2011 likes this.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice! That was great practice. I love the high visibility blades and how this little guy takes the abuse over and over again.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:02 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw you have the aluminum swash on there also .. looks nice!
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2019, 01:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here is my most recent flight on my S2. I was practicing inverted hovers. Tail-in inverted is becoming easier for me.

Went to my local elementary school. Walking distance! There's a big park nearby, so almost no one comes to the school field/playground here. Love this place.
Great flying! I've been doing basically the same type of practice. I like to frequently switch between moves and orientations so that I don't forget how to do things I already know how to do, like upright nose-in.
Old 04-23-2019, 10:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks all. I’m very pleased with the S2 and the Nano CP S before it. Almost all my learning has happened on it.

Nano’s for learning. Big helis are for crashing and getting poor.
carlos64030 and fiddle like this.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally wore out my first tail blade with the S2. Heli was getting a bit more unruly and the tail blade was buzzing louder than usual--sure sign that the tail blade is shot. On inspection, the tail blade was all scraped up from several inverted landings on concrete.

Put on the spare tail blade, and all is good as new!

Old 04-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Experimented with flight modes and throttle curves. Using DX6 digital switch settings, I got rid of Stability Z mode. I set the gear switch to send 0,0,-100 instead of 100,0,-100. I set throttle curves to 0,33,60,75,82 in normal flight mode and flat 100 in IU1 and IU2. Since the same switch (B) is mapped to gear channel and flight mode, I now get a normal stability mode with reduced rotor speed. My IU1 has full rotor speed and stability. IU2 is full head speed and no stability (stunt). I set hold to a flat -15 so I get throttle cut in all modes, which works like throttle hold should even in stunt mode. I also bumped pitch travel down to 90 to reduce some of the bogging with pitch pumps. Liking it so far!
xoexoe likes this.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 01:17 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took it out for a spin. Wind was too much for the poor little guy.

fiddle likes this.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tonight after dusk I took my S2 out in the backyard. Our outdoor lights are bright enough, and the yellow blades obnoxious enough, that it’s fairly easy to see.

Inverted orientation practice. Five packs at 4 mins each. I am finding that verbally saying ‘forward’ and ‘back’ as I want the nose to go forward or back is helping to train my brain in new orientations.

This is my first spring flying helis... I’m really liking that I can fly outdoors at night instead of indoors. So much less damage on my Nano when it hits grass vs my walls or brick fireplace.
fiddle likes this.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Tonight after dusk I took my S2 out in the backyard. Our outdoor lights are bright enough, and the yellow blades obnoxious enough, that it’s fairly easy to see.

Inverted orientation practice. Five packs at 4 mins each. I am finding that verbally saying ‘forward’ and ‘back’ as I want the nose to go forward or back is helping to train my brain in new orientations.

This is my first spring flying helis... I’m really liking that I can fly outdoors at night instead of indoors. So much less damage on my Nano when it hits grass vs my walls or brick fireplace.
Night is actually a great time to fly if you can due to the low wind speed. I have always toyed with the idea of making a night kit for the Nano.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in