Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
So now that the Nano S2 has been out for 2 months, what do you guys think of it?
I like it. Does what I need it to do: Crash well and stress free practice.
Quote:

How does it compare to the Nano CPS?
Very similar except for the flight characteristic. S2 is better in the air in 3D mode. The stability Z mode seems like junk, but if you don’t need it it’s fine.

Piro compensation seems to work better the faster you rotate it. For me, slow piros are only mildly better than the CP S. It really shines if you crank that rudder stick though. Wow!

Quote:

Is it as durable as the CPS or CPX?
Pretty much. Skids and swash are the weakest points. Easily addressed by boiling the skids and getting a Microheli swash.

I personally don’t like that if you break a lower canopy post on the S2 then you lose one of three FBL unit mounts. The canopy posts serve a dual purpose.

Quote:

Same power?
Maybe. Some people say it’s more powerful. It could just be that the throttle in 3D mode is basically stuck at 100%

Quote:
Same "has a mind of it's own" sometimes?
Not at all. At least not for me. I’ve never had a twitch in air or a floppy ground spastic dance.

Quote:

Has anyone surpassed 100 flights?
Not me! I’m probably at 40.

Quote:

Would you buy it again?
Absolutely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool! That's good to know.

If I see more positive reports (and more flights) I'll probably get one this fall.

Thanks xoexoe!

Any others with thoughts?
Old 04-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
Cool! That's good to know.

If I see more positive reports (and more flights) I'll probably get one this fall.

Thanks xoexoe!

Any others with thoughts?
The S2 is a great little heli. I even got Z mode working well. Just get an AL swash do a couple trim flights out of the box. I've been using 300mAh HV(4.35V) lipos in mine with no problems.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2019, 02:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get one for sure. I am converting my CPS to an S2. Long story but I thought about getting a second one instead at first then decided to just convert it. The S2 has been my backyard sim heli. Has been through a LOT of crashes and has usually come away without damage or with damage that will still allow it to fly. I was unable to flip the CPS to an inverted hover indoors, kept crashing the head on the floor. But the S2 no problem. Well not exactly NO problem but it is much more agile and predictable. All I did after unboxing was to hover it and note a slight right hover, turning a few on the opposite servo to level the swash, put on Loctite on the spindle (as it seems HH missed out on that one) and it's been a solid heli. Only heli I have tried indoors flipping around, and the first one that allowed me to translate part of my sim to reality, finally hovering on all orientations.

After I repair it after finally damaging it to be erratic (still hovers fine) I will take it out to the field and try out even more stuff I wouldn't dare on the big ones yet.

Overall a big step in the right direction from Blade. Oh and get the new Spektrum 6 channel charger. It gives you a voltage checker and it charges the packs super quick, unlike the included USB single charger that's included in the package. I wanted to explore aftermarket packs but the stock 150's are nice because they nail the CoG and make it super light and agile. 3:30 to 3.7v not bad.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you convert a CP S to an S2? The board is what I’m wondering... vertical vs horizontal mounting. Are you buying a frame and board then moving other electronics over?
Old 04-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
How do you convert a CP S to an S2? The board is what Im wondering... vertical vs horizontal mounting. Are you buying a frame and board then moving other electronics over?

Correct. The board is the last piece I need to buy. Already disassembled the CPS as I have received the S2 frame. Actually I received two of them and have my S2 fixed. Test flew on the basement yesterday. All went well. Extremely windy to try to fly out even my big ones today though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe I'm missing something. Why not just buy another NANO S2 instead of buying parts to piece one together? A new heli is ONLY $100... a new board is $65. That's a difference of only $35 right there.
SPEKTRUM iX12
carlos64030 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I was going to do originally and keep the CPS as spares. However I broke the frame of the S2 and had to repair it so I just ordered 2. So having the frame (I don't like to keep spares lying around) I decided to get just the board. My heli budget is greatly reduced and although its a small difference, for me it's getting the second S2 airborne a couple weeks earlier.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
Old 04-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

S2 frame installed on the CPS. Getting there...

Old 04-19-2019, 11:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too will need to buy a new S2 frame eventually. Damn lower canopy post. I CA’ed it inplace, and it’s fine as long as I don’t crash. But what fun is not crashing?
Old 04-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I broke one of the new frame when re-installing the canopy doh! But there was enough left to jam it in. Canopy sits closer to the frame but is still good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in