Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Nano CPS

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2019, 10:48 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_dad View Post
grips and hub made a 'little' difference, the most noticable upgrade is the metal swashplate Microheli.

I'm struggling with my stockmotor again....I'm considering to make it brushless.
Yup, I will never use a stock swash on the CPS ever again. Microheli swash made it a whole new bird, an enjoyable on. Everything else will always remain stock though. Except the motor. I only run MicroMotorWarehouse motors in mine. I'm saving the brushless mod for the new S2 when I get it in a few weeks. Assuming I like the S2 better than the CPS
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 09:22 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

started to learn inverted flights with my cps... and goddam*** it's hard. I have no issues performing an inverted hover (nose-in) but as soon as I try to make an "8" my brain goes bananas and there goes dumb thumbing

so for now ==> learn inverted hover tail-in until my brain is able to switch between inverted nose-in and tail-in.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:58 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nanos are great for this, but I had to spend hours on the simulator first. Even now, after months of practice, my inverted flight is very sloppy.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:43 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like using the Nano even in the sim. To me it flies very realistic to life with the same power. The Nano was the very first helicopter that got me into the hobby and to this day it is still one of my absolute favorites to learn on.

The inverted flight will take a lot of time and patience to master but what a great feeling when you get it down!
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2019, 06:33 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trying to fix my cps

For the past year I had to put up with this minor toilet bowl effect of my CPS. Today I replaced the entire rotor head using brand new parts. Also replaced main shaft, main gear, new main motor, new tail rotor, bearings on the frame. I also serviced all servos. Done the blade tracking. Re-leveled the swash. Tried all the lipos that I have. I also made sure there is no binding in all moving parts. But sadly the TBE is still there.

I'm starting to think it could be my main board or its bad-shaped antenna. As flybars were used to stabilize the heli, any damage or binding on flybars will certainly cause TBE in the old days that's what I heard. So I suppose fault in a flybarless control unit could also cause TBE?

I have a spare ESC board with broken battery wires, am going to solder a new power connector tomorrow to find out if it will solve the issue.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:13 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could be the feathering shaft is slightly too tight?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:39 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I bet something is too tight. Check also the blade grip tightness. I had TBE when I cranked down the screws.
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2019, 03:18 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

No there was no binding in the blade grips at all, they can free fall without linkages. Today I repaired the spare ESC board and replaced the current one, nope didn't improve at all. Then I noticed the left servo acts funny, its horn goes a little bit sideway when being moved up and down, and there is slop on its gear. So I replaced that servo with a spare. Bingo! TBE was greatly reduced. I then replaced the main blades with brand new MicroHeli high performance blades, Finally, after all these hassles the TBE has been eliminated
xoexoe likes this.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear you solved it! Seems like there's 101 causes for a given symptom.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol thanks! So the tbe was cured but here comes a new problem: occasionally it gets the shakes, more like a wet dog shake type. I suspected it was the spare left servo I just installed that causes this. Then I opened it up to inspect. Woah looks like the metal strip was covered by a layer of ink! So I cleaned it up with a qtip lightly soaked in isopropyl acohol. Will test fly again this weekend.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

That servo looked very dirty! Hope cleaning it fixes your problem.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:10 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

The servos can always use a good cleaning after about 30 or so flights - more often if you are crashing in or around dirt / dust.

The "wet dog" shake is likely slop in the servo. If you can wiggle the white arm of the servo where the rod connects and move it up and down a lot, it needs to be retightened. I usually chip off the layer of CA glue on the top of the nut with a tweezer, screw it down with the included spindle tool and then place a dab of CA on top of the nut and let it dry. This will usually clear up the shakes.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Practiced neat, tight piros in a small space. That was ugly, and I thought I was okay at piros.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yesterday I crashed my cps in mid-air... went from inverted to normal flying and right after flipping the heli in normal position, it was 100% incontrollable.

Picked up the heli and noticed immediately there was something wrong with my Microheli swash... it was missing the small metal bar (which goes into the original anti rotation bracket of the cps) .

Will need to find a replacement part or need to install the MH anti-rotation bracket (= PITA).
Old 10-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What did you do with your CPS today?

I have the antirotation bracket installed instead of using the stock plastic one.

Yep, total PITA to deal with. I only have to unscrew and reinstall it when switching frames. But it’s not something I look forward to.

Supposedly it’s more precise than the stock one since it inhibits elevator-aileron mixing. But meh.
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_dad View Post
Yesterday I crashed my cps in mid-air... went from inverted to normal flying and right after flipping the heli in normal position, it was 100% incontrollable.

Picked up the heli and noticed immediately there was something wrong with my Microheli swash... it was missing the small metal bar (which goes into the original anti rotation bracket of the cps) .

Will need to find a replacement part or need to install the MH anti-rotation bracket (= PITA).
Found a replacement part ==> the axis of an old brushed ncps motor

Just cut the old motor in pieces and used the axis, its the same diameter (1mm) as the 'missing' metal bar in the Microheli swash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in