Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 270

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2019, 10:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick View Post
I have been flying old 450/500 flybarred Heli's awhile. I have 2 Blade 230's. Got my Fusion setup just today.

Took it out for it's first spool up. Tilted left with a vengeance ! ripped up my Blades and shredded the main gear. I pretty much just brought it back home and put it on the shelf. looks to be quite a show replacing the main gear

EDIT: add 1 stripped servo to the above..
Gosh thatís awful. Sorry to hear. You probably did this right but Im more posting this for others as Ive learned myself.

When plugging the battery in, make sure the heli is on a flat surface and let it fully initialize. Then if the heli is moved somewhere else to take off, also make sure the ground is nice and flat. Ive had a tip over where I took off in grass since the heli was sitting evenly leveled in the grass. Now i always take a heli pad with me and place it over the grass to take off from.
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2019, 10:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got six flights in (with tail wag and cyclic vibs) before mine tipped over...

I just finished putting in KST215MG on the cyclic, KST213X on tail, and Ikon2 FBL. Only got two flights in today, but the wag is gone, and the cyclic shuddering is gone, and it lifted off and landed smooth and easy, just like it should
Here are some servo shim/spacers I made to get the KST cyclic servos to mount up properly...

The design and mechanics are fantastic, but if I were to do it over again (and I might), I would get the ARF and add better electronics.....

I have a sneaking suspicion that the H3050 servos might be causing all this trouble......
rcflyair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2019, 12:43 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was actually going to build an OXY 3. but I kept hearing good things about the BNF Fusion. then after buying, I started hearing the bad side.

I like building and tinkering, didn't think I would be "rebuilding" so soon !
Old 04-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the Fusion 270 ARF and installed a Brain2 FBL gyro and KST 215 servos and a Spektrum satellite receiver. I have only flown it once...our club field is a swamp right now. But the heli took off straight up, never tipped, and no tail wags. So I think the stock Blade FBL gyro may be causing the tipovers that people have with the Fusion 270. If your Fusion is tipping, try a Brain!
Hexapod32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Back in 2018, september to be exact, I bought my 270 Fusion BNF and as most of these helis...it had an ugly tail wag right out of the box...

It bothered me that much that I eventually lost interest and the heli just gathered dust. Last month I started reading several topics again and my interest came back... I figured out how to get into the advanced settings of the FBL and adjusted the PID gains (cyclic = decreased them all to 90)

With shaking knees I performed my first hover (after changing the PID) and... the tail wag was still there but hardly noticable It went from a shaking wet dog tail to almost no shake.

It really flies and reacts like a regular 230S only this one is on steroids
Old 05-09-2019, 10:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Stock gyro programming/settings too aggressive?

After 40+ flights with a small handful of tip-overs or near tip-overs, Iíve found my BNF 270 tends to get squirrely only when I do not have a very smooth spool-up or landing (very stable otherwise). Is it possible that our tip-over tendencies are caused by cyclic gain settings that are set too aggressively at the factory?

Iíve also had to decrease my cyclic gain to eliminate a minor tail-wag that I had out of the box (P/I/D now = 95/95/95), but now Iím beginning to wonder if reducing them some more might help with my occasional tip-over tendencies. If this might help, can anyone suggest how much lower I might be able to go w/o introducing any other adverse side effects?

BTW, Iím just a novice sport-flyer, so I do not need a hyper-sensitive setup.

Thank you in advance,
Don
02ViperTwin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in