Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General

LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General General Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2019, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Graphene battery life

So as the title implies, I have 9 3s lipo batts and 3 6s lipo batts. Now I know enough about electricity to be dangerous and I do t claim to know much. I always store at 3.85 v per cell, and am a novice sport pilot that just learned to flip and fly backwards so no 3D yet. The pic below shows the very first two graphene batts I picked up, and they have 78 flights each respectively.
My question is the IR is still sitting pretty much where it was straight outta the package. Is this to be expected? I have several other name brand lipos that IR have doubled, which I won’t name.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3447B51B-26B8-4C96-819A-75F11B852C6A_1556408920182.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	789771  
Valon82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2019, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valon82 View Post
So as the title implies, I have 9 3s lipo batts and 3 6s lipo batts. Now I know enough about electricity to be dangerous and I do t claim to know much. I always store at 3.85 v per cell, and am a novice sport pilot that just learned to flip and fly backwards so no 3D yet. The pic below shows the very first two graphene batts I picked up, and they have 78 flights each respectively.
My question is the IR is still sitting pretty much where it was straight outta the package. Is this to be expected? I have several other name brand lipos that IR have doubled, which I won’t name.
The Turnigy Graphenes have established themselves as good packs that hold up very well if treated properly. They have proven to be real 30 up to 50C packs when lab tested by true experts in that field such as Wayne Giles and others.The downside is they are heavier for the same capacity.

There are guys over in the RCG battery forum with over 1000 cycles on some of them and many are racing quad guys that really push them to their limits over and over. Those and the newer Panther graphenes hold the voltage the best for me as well in speed heli run abuse vs any other brands I have tried including some of the popular brands such as Pulse. I have also tried other graphene packs from other makers that got super hot and failed in short order.

Keep in mind that IR is highly affected by temperature and gets lower as the pack becomes warmer. Always check at room temp to be consistent. The IR can fall drastically from simply charging the pack which warms it up a bit.

IR is also inversely proportional to capacity. The IR from a 5000 mAh pack using the same type of cells from the same maker can be half that of a 2500 mAh pack and so on. This is why smaller packs have higher IR and this is normal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in