Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Xnova Motors Support

Xnova Motors Support Xnova Motors Factory Support

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jhamel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2019, 05:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 4530 vs 4525 lightening 700 size machine

I am trying to decide on 4525 vs 4530 similar if on 12s 700

All my current machines are 4525.

I am not a crazy demanding flyer but if there is no downside to 4530 I would go that way

Thoughts. Pro / cons
larryfl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 07:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe the only downsides to the larger 4530 motor is the additional weight and the slightly more expensive price tag.
Amain Field Representative
jhamel is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
I believe the only downsides to the larger 4530 motor is the additional weight and the slightly more expensive price tag.
I was debating the same, the 4530 support 14S where the 4525 only supports 12S. The 4530 definetely needs a 160A ESC, however looking at the specs on the 4525 it might be better with a 130A ESC. I decided on the 4525 myself, now just debating if I use my 160A ESC or buy a 130A ESC for it...
Blade mCPX BL, nano CP S
tporter416 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It depends on your heli & flight style.

If you're heavy on collective, I'd do the 160.

Although it's slightly overkill, I use a HW200 & 4525 on my Logo 700, but it's not exactly a lightweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tporter416 View Post
I was debating the same, the 4530 support 14S where the 4525 only supports 12S. The 4530 definetely needs a 160A ESC, however looking at the specs on the 4525 it might be better with a 130A ESC. I decided on the 4525 myself, now just debating if I use my 160A ESC or buy a 130A ESC for it...
Old 04-19-2019, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The power (watts) demand is determined by the mechanical setup (heli size, blade size, blade count, blade characteristics, desired head speed, collective pitch range, etc.) and flight aggressiveness of the pilot. Then one choses a power system (battery size and S count, motor size, ESC size) that can keep up with the power demands. A motor size in and of itself does not determine the size of ESC. For instance, if you have a large 800 size heli with a large 4535 motor powered on 14S, but you gear it appropriately for a low 1400rpm head speed for sports flying and shooting autorotations, a 130A ESC would work well and probably come back fairly cool.
Xrayted and K2Freak like this.
Amain Field Representative
jhamel is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
The power (watts) demand is determined by the mechanical setup (heli size, blade size, blade count, blade characteristics, desired head speed, collective pitch range, etc.) and flight aggressiveness of the pilot. Then one choses a power system (battery size and S count, motor size, ESC size) that can keep up with the power demands. A motor size in and of itself does not determine the size of ESC. For instance, if you have a large 800 size heli with a large 4535 motor powered on 14S, but you gear it appropriately for a low 1400rpm head speed for sports flying and shooting autorotations, a 130A ESC would work well and probably come back fairly cool.
Well yes and no, a motor can only draw so much current, at some point when it is maxed out what it can draw, it will slow down. The 4525-530kv is rated for a max 95A continuous draw, I know it can for short periods draw more current, however how much more. A 130A ESC gives a 38% cushion, and would save flying weight, a 160A ESC is a 68% cushion on current draw for the 4525 motor...
Blade mCPX BL, nano CP S
tporter416 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2019, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Well yes and no, a motor can only draw so much current, at some point when it is maxed out what it can draw, it will slow down. The 4525-530kv is rated for a max 95A continuous draw, I know it can for short periods draw more current, however how much more. A 130A ESC gives a 38% cushion, and would save flying weight, a 160A ESC is a 68% cushion on current draw for the 4525 motor...
If you were responding to @Curmudgeon, then you should re-read his post.

What you are saying makes little sense - especially 37% and 68% - I know how you got the numbers but that really isn't how it works in a practical sense. Any of these motors can draw massive peaks for a short time, but that isn't how you size an ESC. Once you learn to fly 3D, you'll see your logs full of peaks that are well above your nominal ESC size (130A in this case), but that is by design. You size ESC for average not peak!!

Read what he wrote again - he has it right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in