Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default If you havenít done this mod your flying in the dark

I never realized just how much performance or precision was lost do to slop but after doing this mod your k110 will fly like a new machine and you will immediately notice the difference like night and day. Heli became more stable also.

I didnít have any o-rings at the house last night so I just used some weed eater fuel line I had works like a charm. I had to slide the tubing all the way down on the swash plate because just little pieces would slide down when it moved. Also you may have to move the connectors or dogs links to the shorter arms on the swash plate for clearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1AADCD38-B3AF-4746-A25A-8D0A0249D532.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	788029   Click image for larger version

Name:	1648D6AA-158C-45F7-A601-9F0BF49995C9.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	788031  
Cardin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if this work for my K-124? Will give it a try this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ConductorJimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 08:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone know what size of the O ring I should get for my k-124?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ConductorJimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing that sets my K110 apart from the other small helis I own is the total lack of any slop in the mechanism. The servo arms and servo gears are tight, each ball/link assembly is tight. The only movement I get is slight flexing when I check for slop. Where are you getting the slop?
Old 04-18-2019, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Every one Iíve gotten has had slop in it But you really canít tell how much until you pinch one of the blade holders with your finger and gently twist it and you will see the movement between the connectors before the swashplate starts to move.

After I did this mod with my k110ís I had to go back and adjust my pitch curves because lift was created much more sooner. With my first flight after this mod it was like night and day difference in the precision of control I had not only on my older one but on a new one that had only about 20 flights.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Revised

Ok I have to take back what I said about all k110ís having slop because today I just flew a brand new one that I got yesterday and this one has absolutely zero slop in it so this makes me wonder on the quality control of XK but I guess what would one expect for a $60 Heli.

So I was wrong to a point and this mod is only necessary if you actually do have slop which may also occur after a few crashes.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could try a new set of links on the loose one also.

XK K100 K110 K120 RC Helicopter Parts Connect Buckle XK.2.K100.006

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in