Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK110 Pitch & Thrust Settings

I am back into RC Helis again after a three year hiatus. I bought an XK110 which is my first CP HELI and using the 6 gyro stabilization mode. My orientation skills are ok and have had no major wrecks and getting used to turning off the TH before impact. I am finding the current pitch and thrust setting to be a little touchy. What beginner/intermediate setting for both pitch and trust do you recommend when just getting back into the swing of things? Thanks!
Rocketman777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2017, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I highly recomend Changing out the normal 0-100% throttle curve, to something that does not spool up more above half stick,.. ie: 0-30-60-60-60. This will alleviate the xtra torque that happens when you collective up,.. and the motor tries to raise Headspeed at the same time!

As far as pitch,.. I recomend most to go with an even pitch curve so that there is the same amount negative as positive, and Center Is Always Zero Pitch, especially if future plans include 3d flight. If normal setup has pitch curve of -100/+100 you could ease it a little more gentle with -75/+75 or more -50/+50.

You also can increase your expo settings to make cyclic stick feel more gentle around center stick, but still allow for full movement(100% Duel Rate) in the case of needing to get out of trouble!

I would not tame it down too much, as it might force bad habits, but rather,.. just practice, practice, practice and it will get better!

470LT, G420, G570, Chronos, T-Rex 600N and 700N
vultage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Assuming you have the RTF XK X6 transmitter...

Normal:
Pitch: 40, 45, 50, 65 ,80
Throttle: 0, 32, 65, 65, 65

Idle up: (allows inverted flight)
Pitch: 20, 35, 50, 65 ,80
Throttle: 75, 75, 75, 75, 75

Expo: -30% (The XK X6 uses negative expo to soften response at stick center)
DR (Ail & Elev): 50% (be sure to set both sides of each stick axis - up and down and left and right each have their own independent setting.)

You may need to adjust the flat portion of the throttle curves up or down a bit depending on how the ESC is calibrated.

Tames it right down.

Last edited by ridge-runner; 08-04-2017 at 08:25 PM..
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Calibrate the X6 sticks, and K110 3D and 6G modes

I'd also recommend calibrating the sticks on the XK X6. This is a very simple and easy procedure that takes all of 60 seconds. I did a video last year showing how this is done...

XK Innovations X6 Stick Calibration (0 min 36 sec)

You'll also want to calibrate the 6G and 3D modes on the K110. This is covered on page 1 of the RCG thread...

XK K110 3G/6G Small CP Heli thread

Quoted the calibration process here: (Note that I've added some additional steps (in red), based on my own experience.)
Quote:
...Calibrating the 6 axis/3 axis gyro

Like the V977, this copter has the option to adjust the hover in 6G mode. As the manual isn't too clear on this, I was happy to see member Anderu come up with a translation of the manual's "borken chinglish"

To tune the handsfree hover in 6G mode, try this:

1. Switch on TX
2. Switch on K110 and wait for it to bind to TX
3. Switch to 6G mode
3.5 Set the DR switch to HIGH setting (+/-100%).
4. With the throttle stick down, pull down the elevator stick and hold the position
5. Wait for LED (I did not check which one) to blink
6. Lift off K110 and hover it in one spot
7. While the K110 is hovering in one spot slowly land the heli and keep the throttle at 0
8. Pull down the elevator stick again and hold the position
9. Wait for the LED to stop blinking and you're finished with the calibration

I've not tested 3D gyroscope calibration but I'm sure the steps are like below :

(MODE 2)
1. Switch on TX
2. Switch on K110 and wait for it to bind to TX
2.5 Set the heli on a level surface and add shims under the tail fin to raise it until the tail boom is level.
3. Switch to 3D mode
3.5 Set the DR switch to HIGH setting (+/-100%).
4. Move and hold the throttle stick to the bottom left location. At the same time move and hold the cyclic stick to the bottom right location.
5. Wait for LED (I did not check which one) to blink
5.5. Once the LED starts blinking, return the RUD, AIL and ELEV sticks to their centers.
6. Wait until the LED stop blinking and the gyroscope calibration is complete
Remember that you need to set the dual rates (DR) to +/-100% to be able to enter the 6G and 3D calibration modes (it won't work if DRs are set to 50%)

Hope this is helpful!

Last edited by ridge-runner; 08-04-2017 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Added steps to clarify 3D and 6G calibration procedures
Old 08-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks!! Just set everything up on the X6 as directed. I won't be doing any inverted flight for awhile!! Will test it out tonight.
Rocketman777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
Normal:

DR (Ail & Elev): 50% (be sure to set both sides of each stick axis - up and down and left and right each have their own independent setting.)

You may need to adjust the flat portion of the throttle curves up or down a bit depending on how the ESC is calibrated.

Tames it right down.
Hi Ridge-Runner, thanks for all the informative posts
I have ordered a RTF K110 to primarily practice my backward and inverted orientations and circuits and was just wondering if you would still recommend these settings- not really interested in 3D more smooth flying in all orientations.
Thanks for your help.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtasher View Post
... just wondering if you would still recommend these settings ...
Yes!

With the constant, reduced headspeed and softened collective pitch response, the tamed K110 is completely flyable indoors (hovering).

As I said in that post you quoted, be sure to reduce the Dual Rates on both sides for the Ail, Elev and Rud channels, i.e. Ail left and Ail right each have their own setting - same goes with the Elev up and Elev down and Rud left and Rud right. I'm still flying mine with 50% dual rates after a year and a half - (on full rates this thing is VERY twitchy!) I'm still a non-3D pilot (a slow learner) and am still working on my upright orientations.

Regarding spares, at a minimum, be sure to get some extra main gears and main blades - those are the parts that I've found routinely give out on mild crashes. The main gear will last quite a few crashes before it needs to be replaced - on most crahes, you'll simply need to push main gear up against the lower main bearing to eliminate vertical play in the main shaft.

Good luck! (You're going to love the K110 )
Old 08-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes!

Good luck! (You're going to love the K110 )
Thank you, greatly appreciated
Old 08-23-2017, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet I have a xk k100, and am going to get the brush-less, xk k110, I have heard some bad things about the xk k120 though..just wondering what your thoughts were on that model heli??.....
jammer.cwh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you don't crash hardly ever the K120 is great. Once it touches anything but air get ready for repairs and bad servos. I know as I have one and a half of a K120. Get the K110 and a lot of spare main gears.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2017, 04:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2x K110 and 1x K120: After about 100 flights with the 120 I rarely crash it and when it happens above (somewhat tall) grass I can continue flying about 1 of 2 cases. Key is to reduce the head speed because it's insane on full throttle (my opinion, doing beginner level 3D currently rainbows/tic-tocs/rolls/loops/flips mixed with inverted fast forward flight).
I'm using a 70-80% throttle curve (70% in the middle, 80% on max pitch).
Flo422 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2017, 06:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool thanks, got a master cp too soon and found out the hard way as well... , just got it repaired last night , now for dialing in the devo 7 trans on that one..But back to the xk k110 gonna get one for sure,because I have a xk k100 falcon and just friggin adore that Little steel Sh**!!....
So got another question for you , the little brass main motor gear came off after ahummmm...let's see how should I put this??..."Extensive High Altitude Bleeding Edge Flight Recovery Tests".........hahahahha... didn't brake the k100 but on the next flight it came off mid flight..., you know how small that gear is , and brass not being a magnetized metal, well You can probably figure out what didn't happen..So I found a place on the web , called...
linparts.com..., anyways they have that motor gear set for the k100, Couldn't find it anywhere else go figure... but long winded as I am..,
I am looking for the glue , to use to put this motor in the air-frame, what was there before, was like an white paste type, which I am sure is probably a Thermal compound as well because it is a brushed motor, heat Heat HEAT..., So would you or could you point me in the right direction on this one ,I don't really want to use, ca, nor 5min epoxy, in case I have to replace the gear again, crazy , they got that gear for the k110 brush-less motor, but not the k100, brushed motor on ebay for like $2.35 U.S. But I had to get the motor and gear as a set.. I'm pretty sure there is another little heli, out there using this same motor set but, I know this is the right one for the k100...,
Also I checked this guy out on youtube.com a while back and am using his kx x6 trans settings because I like the way the heli handles with them...
I would like to know what you think....about this guy's settings...An thanks for your help in this matter sir....jammer Helifreak noobe.....
XK K110 Mini RC 3D Helicopter Throttle and Pitch Curves (7 min 37 sec)

Last edited by jammer.cwh; 08-24-2017 at 06:47 PM..
Old 08-25-2017, 01:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Broken Chinglish"..LMAO.......
Laughing so hard I cant tpye,,.....hahahhahahahhahahahhahhahhahha....
Old 08-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer.cwh View Post
"Broken Chinglish"..LMAO.......
Laughing so hard I cant tpye,,.....hahahhahahahhahahahhahhahhahha....
I'm pretty sure that is spelled: "Borken Chinglish"
Old 10-30-2017, 08:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Dear RidgeRunner,

In your reply to that other person, you said "be sure to reduce the Dual Rates on both sides for the Ail, Elev and Rud channels, i.e. Ail left and Ail right each have their own setting - same goes with the Elev up and Elev down and Rud left and Rud right."

I have read through the instruction manual (written in confusing English) and cannot find where to do this! Is it stated in the manual? Are you able to give me any pointers or is there a youtube clip about this?

Many thanks,

Mat
espaguete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2017, 08:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure the manual says anything. To do it...
Get yourself set to change the DR in the channel of interest, say elevator.
Move the stick up and back to center. Use the wheel to set the DR.
Now move the stick down and back to center. Use the wheel to set the DR.
Aileron and Rudder work the same way, except you're moving the relevant stick right and left of course.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Normal:

Tames it right down.
Hi

Newbie here, with a couple of questions.

1. How do I go about changing the settings on the TX?

2. My K110 won't take off. I think it because of the "angle on the rotor blades" is not enough to get lift (I have no clue on the correct terms). The main gear is tightly fit and there is no play on the main shaft in any direction. I guess some kind of servo trim? How can I adjust this?

Thanks
Thomasx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 03:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I have the answer to nr 2. One of the servos is dead.

Well, atleast I know why, spare to be ordered

Just need to figure out how to do the recommended settings?
Thomasx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2019, 05:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasx View Post
... 1. How do I go about changing the settings on the TX? ...
I assume you have the X6 Tx that comes with the RTF package. If so...

Model Menu
To get at the settings for the current model, with the Tx powered up, push and hold the MODE button. Once all the settings are set to your liking, press BACK to go back to normal flying mode.

System Menu
To change models, (there are ten to choose from), go to the SYSTEM menu - with the power on, press and hold both the MODE and BACK buttons simultaneously.

This info is in the manual (if you speak Chinglish )
Old 07-17-2021, 05:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

Default Binding to remote

Hi there! Back to the RC after a long time. Could you tell me if I able to bind K110 to WLToys 6ch remote? Or probably to Devo10?
errd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in