Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 180CFX

180CFX Blade 180CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2017, 02:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting too that the Lynx thread with the most replies is the one that covers the Linx 180X belted tail. Is it possible with the soon to be released HH 180x 3-blade, Lynx might reconsider a stretch belted tail?? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rogue22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
Lynx might reconsider a stretch belted tail?? :-)
I'm extremely impressed and appreciative of Lynx's active solicitation of customer input, so keep asking
Old 07-09-2017, 08:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Honestly, my carbon torque tube and plasticity bin pinned, non glued ends were pretty darn good for a clutch. Plus the tt design for me has way less friction than the belt set up.
The only aftermarket parts I have found to really make the 180cfx better are the lynx swash, metal boom mount and metal top servos.
After I make a few more carbon tube torque tubes, I'm changing back from the belt. It's also way easier to work on with the torque tube.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Thickfog is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jon jet: Not trying to hijack the thread but am interested in the lynx stretch kit you like. Is this the ~$35 item that gives 180mm blades? What other changes from stock are needed to make this work well? I'm assuming you get a floatier feeling. Is the stock pinion and new slightly slower HS via castlelink gov changes all that is needed?

I'm using all stock other than metal swash and main blade grips and a uSpirit fbl controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
I'm still 100% sold on the Lynx Stretch Kit...

Did one several hours ago to a 180CFX that had a bit of tail wag and it smoothed it right out...using the stock blades so no pinion change needed

I think that makes 3 I have now with the Sport Belt...and they are nice but the stretch version is far and away better...and I can change out a slipper clutch torque tube in 5 minutes or less and they won't strip a gear

Just torks Me off that Lynx refuses to do a belt stretch kit...seems they are putting all the eggs in the Oxy2 basket

Kinda makes you wonder how much longer the Lynx parts availability will hold out
Old 07-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_crasher View Post
Jon jet: Not trying to hijack the thread but am interested in the lynx stretch kit you like. Is this the ~$35 item that gives 180mm blades? What other changes from stock are needed to make this work well? I'm assuming you get a floatier feeling. Is the stock pinion and new slightly slower HS via castlelink gov changes all that is needed?

I'm using all stock other than metal swash and main blade grips and a uSpirit fbl controller.
Yes it is...but here's something I found with My last conversion...

The Lynx conversion kit (LX1523) comes with a 9T pinion to reduce the head speed...

But just for kicks I used the stock 180CFX blades and it was amazing how much more stable it became...

Now I don't do hard 3D and have never noticed a bogging problem spinning the 180mm blades but I was amazed at how stable the stock blades made it...all My stretch conversions still have the stock 10T pinion

Another option would be to use the stock setup and simply reduce pitch servo travel until the bogging goes away...which is probably the reason I don't see any bogging because I'm not running full pitch servo travel

If you want to try the LX1523 kit...you better grab one if you can find one...in fact, buy several is My recommendation because it doesn't look like there will be any more made
Old 06-09-2019, 06:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wish Fairy Strikes Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post

Just torks me off that Lynx refuses to do a belt stretch kit...
Hi JonJet
Re: Wish Fairy Strikes Again
EDIT Link not working. See next post courtesy heliwhisperer.
Your wish has come true but the name of the Wish Fairy is Blade not Lynx.
The belt driven Blade Fusion 180 is 30 mm longer than the TT driven Blade 180 CFX.
I am not claiming that all of the 30 mm is in the tail boom but for sure the belt stretch kit comes FREE with the Fusion 180.

EDIT: Apologies to JonJet for editing the posting #6 on page 1 of this thread

Last edited by tony#1; 06-14-2019 at 06:25 AM..
tony#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 12:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your link is broken?, this is what I got.

HW.
Old 06-12-2019, 03:47 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwhisperer View Post

Your link is broken?, this is what I got.

HW.
Apologies for the broken link. Yes that is it!
tony#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in