Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By navigator2011
  • 1 Post By xoexoe
  • 1 Post By capt_charisma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano S2's pretty resilient

Well, after a few months now of solid focus on flying my brushless S2, I've flown hundreds of flights, some in rain, many in wind, and most in foggy breezes. I've had countless crashes, mostly inverted on concrete, and I think this Nano S2 has done a great job of improving my inverted flying skills, lol.

Now my S2 has two missing canopy posts, a splintered tail boom, a bent feathering shaft, rounded main blade tips, a very tired tail motor, and something like a bearing is squeaking. Almost time for a makeover!

Despite all these issues, the Nano S2 is still performing really well! I can still perform back-to-back flips without the tail blowing out (impossible on my CPS and mCPS). I've had a few tail blows, mostly due to dumb thumbs, but I've been able to recover every time (also impossible on my CPS and mCPS).

I am happily surprised at how well Blade has done with this latest nano helicopter.

(I sure do hope they choose to do something similar with the mCPS, but at an intermediate skill level!!!)
Ah Clem and xoexoe like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well said!

I'm constantly crashing mine. Worst damage so far is broken canopy posts, which is annoying but not life-ending. Having 2 broken sucks though.

So far I've gone through 2 canopy posts (1 each on 2 different frames) and maybe 3 feathering shafts. They're cheap enough that I don't really care. Plus I can fly it even with it pretty bent... just makes the collective pitch a bit sticky.
navigator2011 likes this.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've broken only landing gear.
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I also broke the landing gear. Pulled a spare off my CPS.

Right now, the rx board and the rubber damper are holding the canopy on. Still flies fine, lol.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about this,from old thread.

Blade Nano CP X Canopy Post Reinforcement | HacksMods
xoexoe likes this.
capt_charisma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_charisma View Post
Maybe on my next frame, lol. Today, I finally broke a third canopy post. So, I was flying around with the canopy drooping downwards, and the tail boom is now like a wet noodle.

I guess it's time for some fixing. Probably just use an unfolded paperclip for the canopy until I get some new parts. I already have a solid tail boom all set to go. Just want to use up the stock tail motor first.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in