Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Lompma
  • 1 Post By xoexoe
  • 3 Post By navigator2011
  • 1 Post By Lompma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2019, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Need help with programming DX9

I have been flying for about 9 years now and I live by the "KISS" axiom. Im a little lost on the Nano S2 programming.

I don't care about panic or rescue modes. I just want full blast 3D with throttle cut options. I always put throttle cut on switch F. I have small hands and it is easier to reach. Can i program it this way?

1. Channel Assign/Input: 7 Aux in manual shows blank but my option seems to be INH?

2. Mixing: GER > GER? Not even sure what this is. This menu leaves me scratching my head. Is this even necessary? I thought this was for planes.
[email protected] likes this.
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The GER > GER mixing is to set up rescue. If you don't care about rescue (don't blame you.. I'm not a fan of Blade's rescue), you can 100% ignore it.

Yes, Channel 7 Input "blank" is the same as INH.

You can program throttle hold or throttle cut to any switch you want. For throttle hold, just look in the manual where they assign switch 'H' in the F-Mode screen. You can change it from H to anything. For throttle cut, go into the Throttle Cut menu and select the switch you want.

There is a firmware bug where a value of -100% throttle won't actually kill the engine in 3D mode. You need to make sure that throttle hold is sending -130%. There are various ways of doing that. One of the threads here will explain.

You can be in 3D mode all the time if you want, which is exactly how I have mine. I need to be at home to figure out exactly what I did, but the idea is to always make sure channel 5 (gear/gyro) is sending a value of -100%.
Lompma likes this.

Aug 2019: Oxy 3+ — Oxy 2 — Nano S2 & CP X — T-Rex 150X — Spirit FBL — FrSky Horus X10S
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should program it the way the manual says first. That way you will learn how it all works, then you could change it to be more how you like. The flight mode 3 is full 3D. Also, you have to assign throttle cut with throttle hold (tho I forget exactly how) or throttle hold won't work for some reason...

There are some good tips in this thread: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=826717
darren.ankney@gmail.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 02:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

As to your question #2, go into your Main screen (Function List) and select "Mixing" to arrive at the following screen:

Select the line: P-Mix 1: INH > INH to display the Mix 1 screen. On the right-hand side of the Mix 1 screen, select Normal. Next, select GER > GER, set the Rate: to 100% 100%, and set Offset to 20%. Then, select a desired switch. I chose switch "I". Doing all this results in the following Mixing screen:

Upon selecting System Setup/Channel Assign, I find my Rx Port Assignments are:

Selecting Next shows that my Channel Input Configuration is:

Please not that I have not tested the I-switch to see if it works. I just fly the heli in 3D mode (Idle 2) all the time.

You should be able to set yours to the F-switch in System Setup/F-Mode Setup. For example, I have mine set to the G-switch. So, in the Channel Input Configuration screen above, I think you would select F for Channel 5, but I'm not totally sure. Maybe leave this setting for last.

In any case, I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190614_120722.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	798525   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190614_120735.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	798527   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190614_120743.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	798529   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190614_120832.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	798531   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190614_120848.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	798533  

Old 06-14-2019, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got it!
navigator2011 likes this.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
As to your question #2, go into your Main screen (Function List) and select "Mixing" to arrive at the following screen:

Select the line: P-Mix 1: INH > INH to display the Mix 1 screen. On the right-hand side of the Mix 1 screen, select Normal. Next, select GER > GER, set the Rate: to 100% 100%, and set Offset to 20%. Then, select a desired switch. I chose switch "I". Doing all this results in the following Mixing screen:

Upon selecting System Setup/Channel Assign, I find my Rx Port Assignments are:

Selecting Next shows that my Channel Input Configuration is:

Please not that I have not tested the I-switch to see if it works. I just fly the heli in 3D mode (Idle 2) all the time.

You should be able to set yours to the F-switch in System Setup/F-Mode Setup. For example, I have mine set to the G-switch. So, in the Channel Input Configuration screen above, I think you would select F for Channel 5, but I'm not totally sure. Maybe leave this setting for last.

In any case, I hope this helps. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]
I have to say, the orange touch you put on your Dx9 make is look so good! Where did you get those?
ConductorJimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConductorJimmy View Post
I have to say, the orange touch you put on your Dx9 make is look so good! Where did you get those?
Thanks! Here are links to the items I put on my DX9:

Gimbal Stick Ends, 24mm, Orange: DX6i, DX7s, DX8, DX9, DX18QQ (SPMA4002)

STAR POWER Radio Control Switch Color Nut for Futaba JR DEVO - Orange

10PCS STP Rubber Switch Non-Slip Sleeve For Flysky Frsky Futaba JR RadioLink Transmitter
Old 07-08-2019, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the point of "Offset 20%?"

I don't have that feature in my 12X, so I was wondering what it did.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need help with programming DX9

I’d be surprised if it weren’t hiding there somewhere. Did you hit Normal for the mixer and not Cirve? You do want Normal. Might have to scroll down some too. Or is it swipe up I guess? Not sure how to navigate on that.

As for what Offset does, uhh...

Here is a clear as mud definition from the manual.

Sounds like if you’re mixing say channel 1 into channel 2, the offset will mean that you’re not mixing the exact value of channel 1... instead you are first offsetting the value by some amount, then mixing? Maybe?
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2019, 05:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

xoexoe,

Thank you very much.

That description makes sense (I think)-just like putting a bit of right rudder on a conventional (non-tail motor) helicopter so that the gyro doesn't have to work as hard.

Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in