Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By helitack32f1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Violent attempt at un-integration

Been awhile since I have posted anything but I figured I would post about my recent woes regarding having a heli that upon spool up wanted to spread itself across the landscape.

I have a job in the summer where I get to spend lots of time attempting to learn the finer details of flying these things. The best heli I have is the 360 CFX that I purchased in the wonderful used section of this forum. The thing was barely flown and flew like a dream. As luck would have it, during a "one more flight" attempt at flying inverted, I went down when I should have gone up, (or was it the other way around?) and experienced a rapid, unscheduled disassembly of my aircraft.

Soon after rebuild, I did something remarkably similar that once again involved buying a bunch of parts and randomly attaching them to the shattered remains of my once beautiful heli.

After that rebuild, I have been chasing vibrations for pretty close to eternity. It wasn't super bad vibes but it seemed to be enough to piss off the FBL. I replaced all things that could seemingly fix this vibe but to no avail.

I finally thought I had it figured out when I re-replaced the feathering spindle and bought and installed another new set of blades just in case.
The payoff for installing those last two items? A helicopter that during even the slightest increase in rpm's above zero would result in a well telegraphed attempt to un-integrate itself.

That was roughly 8 months ago. I gave up.

Now, back at my summer job with many hours available to crash helicopters again, I decided to charge up a battery for the thing and see if it still wanted to trend toward self destruction on start-up. Of course it did. I sat and stared at this evil thing for what seemed like decades trying to comprehend what was going on. It acted like one blade weighed a pound and a half more than the other one!

I checked and rechecked everything, finally realizing that the belt seemed way too tight and would bind up when spinning the blade clockwise by hand. Naturally i loosened the belt and this is when I found out that the belt wasn't tight, the brand new free wheeling thingy has issues!

It is around this time that it appeared that at center stick, one blade had positive pitch and the other had negative pitch and my mind suggested that situation was most likely a bit counterproductive. I'm not sure that was really the case but it prompted me to spend hours battling bad internet service in an attempt to watch a jj inverted production video on checking the settings in the AR7200BX. I applied this new-found yet fleeting knowledge to the FBL.

Problem solved. Vibes and self-destructive tendencies have been exorcised.
fiddle likes this.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in