Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2019, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spektrum H3060MG - does the poti turn 360 degree - testing options with no load

Hi all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
I also had several H3060 servos so just stuck those on the tail.
I had a crash a while ago with my Blade 450 3D where I had installed the Spektrum H3060 on.

Unfortunately, the heli fell down from one roof when I flew a few gentle turns onto the hard concrete floor during some settings flights in the night (empty parking spot).

You know....sometimes (most times) it is better to know when you SHOULD exactly stop...I theoretically know this too good...but when it starts making fun?? We never do this usually, don't ask me why, do you agree?

I am starting to have some hopes for this poor Spektrum H3060MG servo as ALL my other servos (even the BlueArrow servos) behave a bit weird under no load (unmounted, not on the tail boom, no push road connected, 450 heli tail is not mechanically ready yet) when I connect it to a gyro (either G-210 or Tarot ZYX) on the desk and try to move the gyro left or right.

All tail servos behave correctly when I move the rudder stick left and right either in HeadingHold mode or Normal-/rate mode.

However, but one big question for the H3060 remains:

Can you turn the servo poti 360 degree without any hard stop left or right?
Is this normal like it behaves right now or did my tail servo got maybe corrupted during the crash?

Is my high jittering issue around the middle with the tail servo (no difference if 6V vs 4,8V...but on 4,3V at my V120D02s the DS76T played smoother with Tarot ZYX) under no load (only) because of the gyro simply cannot do this correctly with no tail (slider resistance on tail shaft) connected?

The MG gears look good...

It will take me a longer time to put all the tail stuff together mechanically...but it would be nice if the H3060 had overlived the hard crash :-)

It only works fine on a servo tester....

Some more experienced shops told me not do these tail servo tests when my heli is not mechanically ready and the servo appropriately mounted and connected with the push rod.

What do you think?

I also have / had the same issue with the DS76T (when I crashed the 4503D the first 1-2 times) so I went the H3060 route...

Right now I have no idea how I did these tests a few years ago...

Funnily, the new midi tail servo with the really big motor does not act any different on the Tarot ZYX; it also looks like my G-210 gyro wants to suddenly play dead

I would appreciate any tips from you guys.

PS: Are there any Brazilian or Portugal heli people in this forum? I have been learning Portuguese (Brazil) for 2,5 years :-) A German friend who visited our city got me somehow started end of 2016 as he lives now as a photographer in Salvador/Brazil.

Best regards from Germany
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...Blade 200QX BL Quad...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D Mustang...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2019, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've never forcibly turned the H3060 360 degrees. I've only run it on a servo tester for checking it out. I did build a wood block I can mount servos in and then hook rubber bands from nails to the ball. This lets me test them under load if I suspect that but I guess just pushing with your finger might be as good. I did find a bunch of H3050 cyclic servos that ran fine but failed under load.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in