Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2019, 02:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need MSH51645 desperately!

Does anyone know where I can get the MSH51645 (Brain/IKON cable to Frsky receiver)? My build has been held up waiting for this one part for over a week and it is killing me waiting to get my new build up in the air. The only supplier in Australia is on holidays.

If anyone here wants to sell me theirs, I will pay shipping and double the retail. Ebay/Amazon don't have it listed in Australia. I have one coming from MSH but it will be around a week, after dumping an order with another supplier after a week with no updates.

(My spektrum transmitter is away for repair so I have no alternatives)

Cheers.
MiguelBain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2019, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it the same as this cable but with the smaller white plug?
https://store.spirit-system.com/en/a...ion-cable.html
Old 09-02-2019, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
Yes, the other end has the plug to go into the fbl satellite port.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What receiver are you using? Most FrSky receivers have an uninverted signal pad you can solder to. This eliminates the need for the MSH cable.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...47#post7610147
Hydros27 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2019, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelBain View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
Yes, the other end has the plug to go into the fbl satellite port.
I have one if you want it. Pm me.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can get the MSH51645 (Brain/IKON cable to Frsky receiver)? My build has been held up waiting for this one part for over a week and it is killing me waiting to get my new build up in the air.

(My spektrum transmitter is away for repair so I have no alternatives)
I just read now that your cable request is only to be able to temporarily use a FrSky transmitter while waiting for the repaired Spektrum transmitter to be returned to you.
Please note that the MSH51645 cable is only used to have telemetry and integration on the transmitter (display and modification of flight control unit parameters directly from a menu on the transmitter).
If you have such a "desperate" urgency and you can give up Telemetry and Integration, the cable is not a necessary and indispensable "requirement".
You can select the S.Bus protocol icon (as explained in the lateral instruction is used for Futaba, Hitec, FrSky receivers) and, following the wiring diagram shown on the next page, connect the S.Bus output of the FrSky receiver directly to the CH3 connector of the Brain2 with a standard famale/female cable as that supplied with each Brain2 unit.

Last edited by BrainDev; 09-02-2019 at 04:35 PM..
BrainDev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2019, 09:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDev View Post
I just read now that your cable request is only to be able to temporarily use a FrSky transmitter while waiting for the repaired Spektrum transmitter to be returned to you.
Please note that the MSH51645 cable is only used to have telemetry and integration on the transmitter (display and modification of flight control unit parameters directly from a menu on the transmitter).
If you have such a "desperate" urgency and you can give up Telemetry and Integration, the cable is not a necessary and indispensable "requirement".
You can select the S.Bus protocol icon (as explained in the lateral instruction is used for Futaba, Hitec, FrSky receivers) and, following the wiring diagram shown on the next page, connect the S.Bus output of the FrSky receiver directly to the CH3 connector of the Brain2 with a standard famale/female cable as that supplied with each Brain2 unit.
Thank you a million for the information and support! Just to clarify, the hold up and muck around sourcing the MSH51645 cable was originally the fault of another vendor. Giving up on them, I contacted and ordered from MSH Electronics, they have kept me updated regularly and have done everything possible to get the part to me as soon as possible. Outstanding customer service!
Old 09-04-2019, 02:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDev View Post
Actually, is there any particular reason why in "classic" Futaba setup CH3 port is used to connect SBUS, but in OpenTX/FrSky setup SBUS goes via SAT-1 port?

It would be more elegant solution if CH3 would be always used for SBUS and Smart Port would be optional, via SAT-1.

It would be also more safe solution: no additional inverter on SBUS signal (one point of failure less for such a critical signal as SBUS) and easier to convert to OpenTX/FrSky setup if one would decide to use telemetry.
mak77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2019, 04:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Does anyone know where I can get the MSH51645 (Brain/IKON cable to Frsky receiver)?
You can also make DIY inverter:

https://makcorner.net/rc-signal-inverter/

Download Gerber files, order PCBs, and yes - you need to solder all three components there .

Last edited by mak77; 09-04-2019 at 07:52 AM..
mak77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in