Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2019, 05:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is Blade providing the best micro helis for winter training ?

Hi folks,

I am exclusively using Blade micro for winter indoor training.

The brushless Align Trex 150x, I rather use outside in the garden.

My indoor arena is a double garage. So it's large enough for a Blade Mcps and Blade Nano S2. I prefer the Mcps which flies more natural. I do switch after each flight between these two.
My experience with the small motors is, that you have to pause them 5 minutes after flight.

What is now your opinion, and which micro's do you fly in winter-indoor ?
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew the nano s2 in my garage last winter, though I was brand new to the hobby at that time (well - i had a couple fixed pitch tiny blade heli before...) I don't know if I'll bother with that tiny thing this year as its so different than anything else. Probably just sim and sneak out to flying field on weekends when its not windy.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I flew the nano s2 in my garage last winter, though I was brand new to the hobby at that time (well - i had a couple fixed pitch tiny blade heli before...) I don't know if I'll bother with that tiny thing this year as its so different than anything else. Probably just sim and sneak out to flying field on weekends when its not windy.
This is a good plan, IMO. Different if micros were all you had, I guess. To answer the OP's question, I would say it depends on your preference.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep

Last edited by jrman83; 09-26-2019 at 09:17 AM..
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 nano cps (one with BL update and one stock). I fly those 2 on a weekly basis all seasons round.

Don't really like the nano S2 (to stable).
Nano CPX - Nano CPS (2) - Nano S2 (3) - Micro Apache - 180CFX (2) - 230S HUEY - 230S V2 - 250 CFX - 270 Fusion (2) - 270 CFX (2) - 360 CFX (2) - Align 450 PRO - Align 150X ** Spektrum DX8E *** Hangar out: MCPX BL - 130S - 230S V1 Trio
Psycho_dad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last couple of winters I focused on new maneuvers with a brushless Nano CPS and then a brushless Nano S2. Lately, I've been doing all my practice with the Align Trex 150X -- this one just flies so much better that I have no interest in flying my nanos!

If limited to indoors, though, then for sure I would go to the nanos. The brushed MCPS would be the largest I'd try indoors.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi navigator2011,

I agree, the Mcps is the largest you can fly indoors (for me: double garage). The Trex150x is already too powerful and better for the garden.

Normally best was the Nano Cpx/Nano Cps. It's small size was best for small rooms.

But the new Nano S2 is too beginner stabilized. Therefor I switched to Mcps (brushed).

Important is, that you can switch immediately to a 600 or 700 size heli, as soon as the weather clears off.

With the overstabilized Nano S2, I have difficulties to switch afterwards to a larger heli.
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahannsven View Post
Hi navigator2011,

I agree, the Mcps is the largest you can fly indoors (for me: double garage). The Trex150x is already too powerful and better for the garden.

Normally best was the Nano Cpx/Nano Cps. It's small size was best for small rooms.

But the new Nano S2 is too beginner stabilized. Therefor I switched to Mcps (brushed).

Important is, that you can switch immediately to a 600 or 700 size heli, as soon as the weather clears off.

With the overstabilized Nano S2, I have difficulties to switch afterwards to a larger heli.
Is the stabilization on the Nano s2 part of the beginner flight modes? I have an old Dx7s TX and it does not support those modes and i have never noticed any over stabilization. Feels pretty similar to anything else once its in Idle up.
branmuffin is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in