Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From vstabi website under governor setup

Quote:
Min trottle sets the low threshold which the governor will never exceed.
Cannot be more simple explanation.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

maybe a more clear one.

Min Gov is the lowest the Governor will pull the throttle down from an over speed condition.
msallua likes this.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:19 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

“Min trottle sets the low threshold which the governor will never exceed”

It’s the lowest point the governor will allow the throttle to go to. For example, If you are getting over speeding when you come off the collective then this is the paremeter you need to change to stop that from happening.

On nearly every heli I’ve setup with V Control I’ve usually needed to increase this a bit.

George J is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2019, 08:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it possible to have a traditional throttle hold? My throttle hold switch (back right 2 way) is killing the motor. Too many years learning to hit throttle hold to relearn something at this point and it does not make sense to me. This is one of the reasons I tried using ikon for glow initially but could not get a good one so I pulled a Neo form an electric and added pro. Really needs to be a way.
derekandjennys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2019, 09:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Neo and JR XG11
Old 10-05-2019, 10:25 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1947

The FMode switch is your MOTOR switch which controls motor OFF, IDLE and RUN. This already gives you the IDLE function which is the traditional HOLD function.

The THROTTLE CUT switch for nitro can be set to another switch in the TX and changed in the Neo software as well. Or you can adjust the endpoints of the CUT switch channel to give you idle.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2019, 06:51 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I physically swapped the back right and front right switches such that my motor off (nitro idle)/idle (fast recovery high idle)/run switch is in the back right. Motor kill momentary switch is used to kill the engine. Now, my years of muscle memory are saved.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:34 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy_71 View Post
I physically swapped the back right and front right switches such that my motor off (nitro idle)/idle (fast recovery high idle)/run switch is in the back right. Motor kill momentary switch is used to kill the engine. Now, my years of muscle memory are saved.
Let’s see if I understand this correctly.....the wiring for switch #6 (old school throttle hold), was swapped with switch #4 “front” right.
Switch #5 is upper right.

I did not swap any wiring to switches and still use #6 for throttle hold. But my setup at times does have a flaw I’ll like to solve.
halfcab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Vcontrol switch swap (0 min 31 sec)

To be clear, nothing was rewired. I just unscrewed the two switches and moved them. The wiring to them is left untouched.

Last edited by cudaboy_71; 10-07-2019 at 09:42 AM..
cudaboy_71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Sir.
The video explains it all, can’t ask for more then that.
halfcab is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2019, 01:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vinger, By FMode do you mean Flight Mode switch? Bank switch.
We tried it again last night and it has 3 switches, and unless i kill the motor, even using the 3 position switch and going to idle, the governor is slightly on, almost hovers for awhile. So 2 switches kill the motor. Want the switches where they are, but either way they are not working as they should.
Not seeing how if i can get the motor run to flight mode would work either. So if the run witch is working with the bank switch it will be motor off in flight mode 1 and will not have a throttle to start it. And the throttle hold still kills it but doesn't turn off governor, you need to be able from any flight mode flying hit throttle hold.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:19 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I know you’re speaking to vinger. But, I feel like part of the problem might be with the naming of the functions. Mikado really stuffed it naming everything for electrics only.

Motor off is motor off for electric. But, for nitro, the “motor off” position is really “clutch disengaged” And, the idle position is really auto-bailout.

With that in mind, you should be starting the engine from the “motor off” position—which really is a nitro’s proper idle/clutch disengaged throttle setting.

Then, when you flip the motor switch to “motor run” you get slow spoolup to whatever bank the “fmode” switch is at.

To confuse things slightly more—you may be using bank 1 as a direct throttle control. So, the only flyable banks are 2 and 3.

The main takeaway is you start the engine in “motor off”. To really turn off the engine you use a kill switch.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, I appreciate it, really speaking to anyone that will listen. I called Ron about this issue and he said watch his Spektrum switch video and it would work as a traditional setup but unless i missed something it does not cover this issue.
So I would need to change idle settings and it will work and shut off the governor and consider a switch change for the throttle hold to work as it should on Nitro? But then all of the electrics will not be right. Right now they all work as they should, I imagine I may be able to change all of them to motor cut on the 3 position as a last resort, just seems wrong that i cant get the nitro to work as it is. Considered setting it up so that mechanically it was at idle with throttle cut and i would just have to pinch the line to kill it. Feel an update for Nitro is needed.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using the 3 position as motor off or cut or hold on electrics?
Old 10-11-2019, 04:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also a friend pointed out this is the Vbar Radio section. Is it going to be different for a JR 11X? Seems this is all happening in the Neo and all transmitters should work similar.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I’m using a vcontrol, but the names of the functions are the same regardless.

What I’m saying is there are three positions in the vbar “motor run” command. Off-idle-motor run

But, those are electric terms. They are confusing for nitro, but you still have to use them.

I could be wrong—but I believe idle is optional on a non vcontrol radio. Back pre vcontrol I ran VBar on a JR 9303 and never programmed “idle”. So, I think you can set up motor run and motor off on a 2-pos switch.

That just leaves the naming confusion.

On a nitro you will set up the position named “motor off” as your nitro idle, and you’ll use this switch as T/H. The function named “motor run” will function as a you’d expect when you disengage T/H and the motor will spoil up to the active bank’s throttle (or gov) setting.

To turn off the motor you’ll need to program another switch—a momentary or a button is what id use—to move the throttle barrel to closed position when the motor switch is in the T/H (aka motor off) position.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in