Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK K110 main shaft question

Does the main shaft suppose to move up and down freely like that?.
I had another xk k110 that the main shaft is really tight (not moving at all).
I know that when the main gear pop out you can push it back (i.e. the main shaft is allowed to move a little bit) but the one in the video moved a lot. Please clarify. Thanks.

If I want to replace the main shaft, do I have to force it out of the bearing or it requires any tool to remove it?. Thanks again.

IMG 1707 (0 min 6 sec)
Harrisson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If there's no main gear why wouldn't it move?
That's all that holds it on.

Just remove the main gear and pull it up to remove. You're already 80% there in the video.
Thickfog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

To pull out: Remove the black collar.

Or better: Just slip down the main gear carefully as the collar screw (which goes through the whole on the K110) is very little and once you remove it, it won't hold that good in place anymore if you put it back again.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
If there's no main gear why wouldn't it move?
That's all that holds it on.

Just remove the main gear and pull it up to remove. You're already 80% there in the video.
Thank you. I did pull it out without any problem. I will replace it with the new one over the weekend.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
To pull out: Remove the black collar.

Or better: Just slip down the main gear carefully as the collar screw (which goes through the whole on the K110) is very little and once you remove it, it won't hold that good in place anymore if you put it back again.
Thank you. Why it's so hard to push the connecting rods back in place?. I'm afraid that I will bend the rod. Any tricks to make it easier like apply silicon grease?. I bought a ball link pliers but the gap is too wide for the xk k110.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisson View Post
Why it's so hard to push the connecting rods back in place?. I'm afraid that I will bend the rod. Any tricks to make it easier...?
You can do it by hand, no problem.

Be aware:
There are two sides.
Do not try to put them on with the wrong side; no half turns!!
There is one front and a back; you can only successfully clip the back onto the swashplate ball!!!

When new, these rods are tough to get on the swashplate balls, definitely.
It is IMHO better to dismount the connecting rod link from the servo arm (make sure that you do not confuse which one goes to what roll side or roll vs elev).
And only then do it a few times (3-5x) when you can better hold it in hand.
I did not even try any tool to make the whole in the connecting rod a little bit wider (too wide = not good).
Then you can also quickly - but very carefully - try "what side of the rod is the correct one" before you 100% mount them together with the servo connected, as you can hold the connector in a different angle.

Furthermore the swashplate side arms can easily be bent because of the plastic.
So you need to be double careful.

Basically I removed the plastic swashplate on one K110 (one time I had a too high inner diameter vs main shaft diameter) and replaced it with the aluminium tuning swashplate.
So much smoother...
Way too much play in the head with the plastic one.

The black one which you can get from ebay China dealers (+ cheap replacement servo for a good price) was fine, also from my German dealer.

Sadly to say, BG sent me a defective red aluminium swashplate
(fixed inner ring; now after applying high forces I could finally move the ring a bit; but it clearly i defective as it runs so rough compared to the other two ones (black+red); either XK got the pressing wrong or the bearing is corrupted) with the (red) head tuning parts which are only available right now.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default K110 ball links go on either way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
... Be aware:
There are two sides.
Do not try to put them on with the wrong side; no half turns!!
There is one front and a back; you can only successfully clip the back onto the swashplate ball!!! ....
I don't think so. My measurements show the opening to be 2.3mm +/-0.02mm on both sides.
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Thomas for a detailed reply. I have few rods with one side slightly bigger than the other and most of them have the same opening as ridge=runner mentioned.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could you tell me is that one of the aileron sevos is bad?. If that the case then which one?. I have all connecting rods equal length with a brand new swash plate. Thank you.

IMG 1714 (1 min 1 sec)
Old 10-14-2019, 02:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisson View Post
Could you tell me is that one of the aileron sevos is bad?. If that the case then which one?. I have all connecting rods equal length with a brand new swash plate. Thank you.

https://youtu.be/AANbuX0-8aM
Are you on 6g? Did it happened when you move your throttle up a notch?
It happen to me before. The way to fix it is to calibrate properly, but no way a beginner can hover that thing steadily so i didn't get it fixed. I switch to 3g and it goes away. No longer fly 6g because of this.
CaptainFlySideways is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2019, 01:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I changed the left aileron servo then it worked fine. I fly 6G indoors only. I have no problem for calibration at all. I managed to hover almost hand free.
I'm starting to get a feel for flying this little beast after spending hours of fixing it. The reward is I understand the functions a bit more.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can carefully turn the servo arm by hand (at best if it is not connected to the receiver board).
How does the gear feel like?

One cyclic servo of mine was perfectly working electronically (min/max movements), but feels really weird when I move it by hand.
Too rough, ocassionally stops at some point, etc.

Actually the servo gears should be working "butter smooth".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in