Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Superhelix
  • 1 Post By Heliwhisperer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default omphobby m2 vs trex 300x

Looking at possibly entertaining the purchase of either the m2 or 300x. I realize both are new models Iím just fishing for some thoughts about what you guys think. I am a fan of align but the m2 has some attractive features.

Both are right in my budget range but I also have thoughts of picking up a used oxy 2. I am just wanting to get some second options on these Helis.
Cardin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2019, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it was tail driven, I would of gone for the M2.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I’m satisfied with the performance of the trex 150x brushless tail motor so I figured the m2 would be Comparable. Although I believe the m2 is made in China and we all know how that ends up. I’m just Intrigued with the direct drive shaft.
I am leaning more towards the align as they are well proven quality machines.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align helis are made in China, my 150 is a piece of

I would be willing to give the M2 a try if I was in the market for another small heli.

My 2 pesos.

HW.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

M2 is overpriced. The deal last month for $249 with 2 extra batteries was good. They should have stayed there I will no way pay over $300 for this, especially knowing they sold for $249 with 2 extra batteries and were still making plenty of profit at that price!
gimbleguy likes this.
Superhelix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree that the price is to high for such a small Heli. Iím just getting to keep a lookout in the for sale section for a decent priced 250 size Heli
Old 10-15-2019, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Between the 2 mentioned I would go with the Align, but I'd rather have the Oxy 2. Well made machines and are proven. Yes, it cost more, but you can buy the essential combo for $154. Add the heli in at $144 and you're at $298. You will need to purchase a gyro, which you can probably pick up a used micro brain for $60 or $70. You get a better heli overall.

Oxy 4 Max. Quantum motor, Kst cyclic & tail, HW 60, Ikon 2.
Oxy 2 Stretched 215mm. Lynx motor, MKS cyclic, Spektrum tail. Talon 35esc, Mirco brain.
Blades345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I definitely have been looking into an oxy 2 I just havenít had any experience with the oxy line. Iíve been seeing quite a few used ones come up for sale that have been rising my interest in getting one.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default M2 is the best small heli I've ever flown

I've had about 14 different mini or micro helicopters in the past year including the 300x, Oxy 3, 330x, K130, 180CFX etc., and there is no comparison. The OMPHOBBY M2 is the best mini helicopter that I've ever flown. Also, it's fully assembled and the ratio of time spent flying versus repairing or rebuilding is much higher than any other model. I enjoy setting up and building and testing as much as anybody, but sometimes it's nice to just have a dependable model that will fly perfect w/o any work.

As far as the price, I admit $309 is a lot more than $249 but it's still not overpriced, in my opinion.
EndoDusk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well Iíve just now realized that the oxy is made mostly of composite material and the m2ís is an all metal head and if the tail on the m2 holds as good as the trex 150x Iím leaning towards the m2 because I want something as maintenance free as possible in a smaller sized Heli.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, the M2 looks awesome and sounds great, but some questions.

1) Will it be sold at other sites like Amain, Helidirect, etc?2

2) Will parts be on the cheaper side?

3) How hard will it be to change out things if needed? Example: Boom gets wrecked and now you have to feed wires.

4) How do you adjust the headspeed to what you want?

5) Does it have an internal governor?

Oxy 2 Stretched 215mm. Lynx motor, MKS cyclic, Spektrum tail. Talon 35esc, Mirco brain.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes those are the same points I am trying to look into as I know this being a new Heli it has absolutely no proven track record and who knows if it will even stick around or become a popular Heli.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an OMP M2 but not the Trex 300x and I can say that the M2 is a seriously good heli. If you do a sudden pitch pump, the M2 will shoot straight up with the tail held exactly. Not even my Oxy 2 and Oxy 3 with fast narrow band tail servos can do that.

I have no doubt it will be around for a long time because it is well supported by vendors in China. How popular it will be in overseas markets will be another matter. But Sunnysky has bought Ohio Model Planes to distribute this heli in the US.

The prices of parts are quite comparable to Align's but much cheaper than Oxy or Blade's. It is not certain whether there is a governor in its all-in-one control unit. The control unit costs $90 and there is always a risk that it can fail.

There is talk of releasing a "pro" version later on where you can use your own ESC and FBL controller.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far I have heard nothing but good things about the m2 from every single owner of this Heli. I am seriously considering making it my first choice for my next Heli in this class. I am only sorry that I didnít get one of the first batch at the $250 special as I was holding out to see the reviews from real owners of the m2.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still don't see the parts listed with prices. It looks bad ass and I love how quiet it is.

Last edited by Blades345; 10-16-2019 at 04:30 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Omphobby has a full parts list with prices, the Heli itself is $309 but on back order. Banggood has them for preorder at the same price and sunnysky_official has them for sale on eBay https://ohiomodelplanes.com/search?p...2&type=product
Old 10-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, I saw the parts list. Very cheap and reasonable.

Old 10-16-2019, 05:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only thing that Iím wondering is if you have a bad crash would it bend the motor shaft itself since itís direct drive then you would have to replace the motor.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

The motor does not have a shaft, the mainshaft bolts into the motor...

OMP Ebay site....

https://ohiomodelplanes.com/search?p...2&type=product

HW.
Cardin likes this.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a well thought out design Iím sold on this as my next Heli.

I just had to order a new motor for my blade 330x after something went wrong with the tail linkage and made it spin out of control right after lifting off I thought I had everything fixed but after repairs I took it out and everything was just dandy until I flipped it into idle up and my motor shaft just snapped.

I will be ordering an m2 in the very near future. I believe this is going to be a popular model and I hear a pro model is in the works. They really got something going with this design.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in